Nexgen costs (1 Viewer)

Machine

Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
What would nexgen classics be worth per chip?

for reference I had 1100 lucky bee's listed for a while back in Nov and still have them for around 235 plus shipping....I still own these chips after cancelling the only real deal that had shipping costs exceeding chip costs amid all the international shipping nonsense. They are nice chips with inlay options but the weight kind of nerfs the value for shipping.

~0.20-0.25/chip USD depending on your location for shipping would be my estimate at best.

here, I would say closer to .15/chip maybe.

In short they are worth more to keep than they are to sell.... keep em to label as roulette chips. That is my idea with the lucky bee's they will be sloth roulettes one day

zepLnSv.jpg

So they have been felted twice, its the Las Vegas and I have 2000 of them.

Some of the added value is the quantity and people won't really be able to run chips in, a local friend is running a 15/30 stud game, and inquired what I'd sell them for, so I was looking to be able to put a value on them.

Attachments

• 20210704_134519.jpg
    20210704_134519.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210704_134550.jpg
    20210704_134550.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20210704_134440.jpg
    20210704_134440.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 117
9g Nexgen Pro Classics = 25c new, 20c today max.

12g Nexgen originals (3+ versions) = 25c new, 20c today. Some versions higher, some lower. River Poker Tour the hardest to find.

9g Nexgen Pro Classics = 25c new, 20c today max.

12g Nexgen originals (3+ versions) = 25c new, 20c today. Some versions higher, some lower. River Poker Tour the hardest to find.
So would the Dunes be nexgen pro since they weigh just under 9 grams?

So they have been felted twice, its the Las Vegas and I have 2000 of them.

Some of the added value is the quantity and people won't really be able to run chips in, a local friend is running a 15/30 stud game, and inquired what I'd sell them for, so I was looking to be able to put a value on them.
I had a set of over 2000 of these "Las Vegas Nevada" NEXGENs with custom labels that I sold to a friend of mine. He was moving, and wanted to start hosting his own game. I sold them for a couple hundred bucks, including two cases and racks.

I kept a few sample sets as a memento. They served me well for many years.

8A506CED-847A-4E59-9B4E-996A8470DBA1.jpeg

I had a set of over 2000 of these "Las Vegas Nevada" NEXGENs with custom labels that I sold to a friend of mine. He was moving, and wanted to start hosting his own game. I sold them for a couple hundred bucks, including two cases and racks.

I kept a few sample sets as a memento. They served me well for many years.

View attachment 823513
@bsdunbar1, this is what poker chips should look like! :p

Dang, that looks like a couple decent semi-custom low stakes cash sets on the cheap. Wish I had a use for them.
sure is, were I to order them again I would have likely ordered more with some greens but at the time they worked great and look good for a set that was used a good 30-40 times for big games and a good few of them washed after beer/food mess. It was years before I even saw or considered denominations for home game chips.
back in 2003 when first ordered I used to use these denoms different for tourney/cash and that was fine for years, nobody cared or even made it an issue asking only at the start of a game if new otherwise it was the same always at several different homes with different chips but the same colours for breakdowns.
TourneyCash
white25white$1
red100red$5
blue500blue$10
black1000black or gold$100
Gold5000
Purplenew bought in 2019Purplenew in 2019
I would like to add 2-3x green racks if I could ever find them, it was purchased mainly as a tournament set for a T1500-5000 initial stack 1-3 table rebuy tourney. With the red/white chips in enough volume to cover a 1/2 table of the eliminated players after colour ups of tourney 100's to enable a cash game to begin using the red/whites. I still try to buy set-ups with this philosophy in mind today and results in big chip sets.

IIRC I thought they were originally 22 cents. And pretty hot and well regarded when they first came out.

Naturally... it's that inflation thing, among others. Just was trying to recall the original issue price.

So would the Dunes be nexgen pro since they weigh just under 9 grams?
I guess if it's not slugged, it's nexgen pro?
Pretty much. There are a bunch of 9g injection-molded NexgenPro-like variations out there, including the two TCR versions (Desert Palms, Dunes Commemorative). There were several military versions (Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard) plus a few others besides the NexgenPro arrow artwork. Most (all?) had theme-specific mold markings and a textured surface with recessed labels.

for reference I had 1100 lucky bee's listed for a while back in Nov and still have them for around 235 plus shipping....I still own these chips after cancelling the only real deal that had shipping costs exceeding chip costs amid all the international shipping nonsense. They are nice chips with inlay options but the weight kind of nerfs the value for shipping.

~0.20-0.25/chip USD depending on your location for shipping would be my estimate at best.
Any chance you have any Lucky Bees left?

Any chance you have any Lucky Bees left?
1100 of them.
300white
300red
200blue
150black
100purple
50gold

It's a great set with good spots. The indiana grand primary 1's remind me of the whites. Set is as pictured in post #4 of this thread. I don't like to part out sets as they are built up to my liking and parting them out defeats that for me if interested in the whole thing send me a PM. The set is 13.2 kilograms @ 12grams per chip.

I'm still looking for a small amount of yellow, purple, or orange in the Las Vegas mold with single color edgespots if anyone has any. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom