New to the site! - From Illinois (1 Viewer)

King_arthur

Reaction score
Since I am new I am somewhat confused how the buying and selling works in the classified. I came across this forum looking for some chips to buy but they are located overseas. Is it legal and would most sellers ship to the USA from europe? Thanks for you help!

Hello and welcome!

Nothing illegal here. (right, guys? ;) )
You'll often find, however, that there are great differences in shipping costs when going internationally outside North America, so keep that in mind when considering overseas transactions. Try to get accurate shipping quotes when possible. There are still great deals out there so it's often worth it, especially if you are looking for something specific and can't find it closer to home.

I would be very frustrated to not be able to purchase a set or chips I like because the seller is not willing to sell to Europe.
So I don’t refuse to sell to someone because of his location since (s)he’s OK with shipping fees and risks. For small packages, I give the choice to the buyer to include or not tracking with the package.

You can buy overseas, nothing illegal, however most people require buyer pays shipping costs. Some members do opt not to ship over seas (pretty sure there's a custom form involved for all overseas shipping but I'm not 100% on that)
PayPal makes overseas shipping super easy though.
What other concerns do you have with buying/selling procedures here?
Also, what set are you after?

Oh and welcome!

welcome to the site, contact seller see how much shipping is and they will have to do any customs paper work

If that falls through for you, there are many other pretty things to chase after on the forum

Welcome. As other have mentioned, expect the shipping to be higher from another country as well as the possibility of import or customs fees. Being in Canada I deal with this 99% of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom