New to the forum. (1 Viewer)

1636546543257.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, definitely tons of info to check out and start coming up with a plan for your own chipping journey! Anything catching your eye off the break @berts_all_in_K9 ? So many different directions you can go in this hobby... I think most of us came in looking at slugged chips on eBay and wholesale websites saying damn... that would be like $300 for a damn set if poker chips. Then you get here, start looking at clay and say "no way am I ever paying $3 for a damn poker chip! Even 500 chips would be $1,500! These people are insane!!" Before long you say ohh well I really don't need $1k chips for my set, but they would compliment mine well especially being 43mm IHC, ehh its $15 a chip but I really only need a barrel... that's how it all starts!

The real problem happens when you get a $3,000 box of chips in... open them and love them for about 5 minutes... push them to the side and grab your phone to look for more! IF that happens, you have caught the chipping bug, unfortunately there is no know cure, but we do have a large support group here when your wife looks at the bank account and everything is gone in a couple months, it doesn't go over very well. Go ahead and ask 500 people plus how they already know! It's ok if you think you are the first person to say "that could never ever happen to me!" Again we are all here when you're wrong. Welcome to the Dark Side!! Haha

Advice. As I tell most, you have joined in a dense PCF member area, rather than spending $100s on samples to find what you like, I suggest finding a local game ran by chippers that likely have thousands of chips you can check out, shuffle and get a feel for. Lots of black holes here to fall in, careful with terms like Scrown TRK, Leaded Shaoed inlay Paulson THC, just saying those things comes with a price tag nowadays! Lol

If I can ever be of assistance feel free to shoot a PM anytime, and again Enjoy your chipping Journey!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom