New to forum! Craps nut! (1 Viewer)

MyLastChip

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Found this site about a week ago and am hooked. I’ve been a coin collector all my life, nothing big, but recently purchased a craps table and this “chip thing” caught me off guard. I had no idea about the history, process, types, colors, or value of chips. I think I may want to start collecting chips now as well as coins.

Budget was a big factor because I quickly found out chips ain’t cheap. And you get what you pay for. Ordered a bunch of samples of “cheaper” chips and went with the nexgen chips.

From this site looking to purchase, maybe trade (if I ever get deeper into collecting), and info on home poker games and questions about craps table chip counts recommendations. So far this is what I have....
36C73223-3315-4018-A2B4-CF552C4645D3.jpeg
99AC9D1E-C04D-40B1-830C-C914BE24F868.jpeg
3FF8AF94-472A-4AEE-8641-A677F3A9B7B4.jpeg

Would also like to learn about home games cash vs tournament ideas

Nice start there. Welcome onboard!
Are you talking breakdown differences for cash vs tourney?

Would also like to learn about home games cash vs tournament ideas

Welcome to PCF. There is a ton of stuff here.

For these specific things, we actually have two pretty good forums called "Home Game General" and "Tournaments and Cash Games" full of useful information. You would find them under "The Poker Room" on the main page.

Glad you found us. Sorry the rabbit hole will eventually hurt your wallet, but as a collector of other things, I am sure you understand how that goes.

Welcome! Love to see a fellow craps addict! Looks like your chips should work pretty well for craps. Would love to see the whole table

Nice start there. Welcome onboard!
Are you talking breakdown differences for cash vs tourney?
Yes, we each usually just throw 20 bucks in and all chips represent really no value. And everyone started with 30 or 40 chips.

Welcome to PCF. There is a ton of stuff here.

For these specific things, we actually have two pretty good forums called "Home Game General" and "Tournaments and Cash Games" full of useful information. You would find them under "The Poker Room" on the main page.

Glad you found us. Sorry the rabbit hole will eventually hurt your wallet, but as a collector of other things, I am sure you understand how that goes.

I know, I’ve messed with the chip creator tool all week, but can only dream right now about purchasing what I want. And I will definitely be checking “the poker room” and really everything on this site. I just like seeing others chips too.

Welcome! I know Color Up uses NexGens, seem to work well for him.

I’ve followed him for a while now. I like them overall. They are pretty slippery though. If you pick up a stack of 20 with finger and thumb you usually are okay. Any more and there is a high probability they will spill out of my hand.

Attachments

• D85BCB52-E57B-4061-ADD1-6E72A97D47BB.jpeg
    D85BCB52-E57B-4061-ADD1-6E72A97D47BB.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 86

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom