New member intro (1 Viewer)

KenVWorld

Reaction score
Hey guys, im glad to be here making my first post on PCF, to give a little background info on myself I'm 18 and I live in south Florida.
my dad taught me how to play poker when i was very young but i never really had opportunities to play it much until a couple years back.
recently tho the poker scene has surged through me and almost all of my friend groups, now its a 2x a week thing at minimum.
right now i have these dog poop quality dice chips that i got on offer up for 20 bucks for about 480 of them.
I have started regularly hosting cash games at my house and typically get a whole table of 8 to play every time
I've been going crazy lately trying to understand this world of poker chips (i didn't know how deep the rabbit hole went) and I'm definitely looking to upgrade the chips i have.

Welcome to PCF ! The place to be !
You play at least 2 times a week ? Cool !

Hello and welcome!

I'd be hesitant to recommend that you spend much on poker chips. As a young person, you have so much better things to be spending money on. But the opportunity to learn about your hobby is good, too.

Hello and welcome. I agree with @allforcharity I suggest that you should set a realistic budget for chips and work with people on here to get you upgraded from plastic, but it is very easy to go overboard and you have a lot of years to work on your chip collection.

Good luck and again, welcome!!

Hello and welcome!

I'd be hesitant to recommend that you spend much on poker chips. As a young person, you have so much better things to be spending money on. But the opportunity to learn about your hobby is good, too.
yea man trust me i have better things to spend my money on, i have set a budget at around 350 dollars max. luckily since its a lot of us that play and we have a nice rotation of houses we play at, I'm the one that comes with my nice poker mat i bought, chips and buttons. I just ordered two sample sets, first the nile club ceramics, and secondly the desert heat abs slug chips, i love the design on both so the plan is to show up this weekend with the sets, show them off and a couple already agreed to help pay for the better set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom