New member from Curacao (2 Viewers)

Degasiado

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello all, long time user of the forum learning about poker chips. Joined today and looking to learn more about the chips I have / need.

Welcome, show us those chips!
I have a set of Paulson Classics. Bought these over 10 years ago but never used them, they stayed in storage. When I bought them I wanted to get into poker and organizing games with friends. Never really got to it. I actually did not know about the chips, just knew that the hobby shop I was getting them from was known for higher quality items.

Reading up now about cash games (we would be playing for fun with family members so not high stakes) and tournament games, I am confused if I actually have the required denominations.

Attachments

• IMG_8790.png
    IMG_8790.png
    818.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8791.png
    IMG_8791.png
    918.2 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the party! I am hunting some Curaçao chips, and could use some local help if you are interested. What are your chip counts and what stakes are you looking to play?

Welcome to the party! I am hunting some Curaçao chips, and could use some local help if you are interested. What are your chip counts and what stakes are you looking to play?
Well to be honest I am not very familiar yet with setup principles, reading up on that. Fact of the matter is we just want to have some fun with family members so probably buy in with max Naf. 50 and be able to play for a couple of hours with about 8 people. I am currently leaning to 25c blinds, but do not have that denomination…

What i currently have is:
322 x $1
195 x $5
194 x $10
186 x $25
71 x $100

I have odd quantities because i bought the 750pc box set and then the shop had leftover chips and I bought those separately has well.

Hello and welcome!

I am confused if I actually have the required denominations.

One easy way many of us play low limit family cash games is to just cut the denominations by 10 or 100. Ex: I play with my wife and kids often with a set with traditional dollar denominations like yours where we use the $1 as 1c, $5 as 5c, etc. It doesn’t take much for people to wrap their heads around it, I promise!

Hello and welcome!

One easy way many of us play low limit family cash games is to just cut the denominations by 10 or 100. Ex: I play with my wife and kids often with a set with traditional dollar denominations like yours where we use the $1 as 1c, $5 as 5c, etc. It doesn’t take much for people to wrap their heads around it, I promise!
Was considering to avoid too low stakes that lead to people not caring about their plays. How do you experience this?

Was considering to avoid too low stakes that lead to people not caring about their plays. How do you experience this?

Entirely depends on the group.

With my wife and two younger kids, playing with $5 or $10 buyins is enough to make everyone care. When we played for free, it was a raise-and-call-fest. Make a 12yr old put $5 up and the dynamics change entirely!!

I have multiple groups of friends where a $20 buyin does the same (we all could afford to play for and/or lose far more, but we’re there for fun and $20 buyins seem to work). With others, we play typical $1/$2. I’m sure there are people who would argue that a few grand a person doesn’t keep anyone honest!

Just start with something that feels right and adjust if need be!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom