New Member Buys In (1 Viewer)

Luckless

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey folks.

Finally decided to register after lurking for a while. The advice on the forums here has been tremendous. Awesome group.

Planning on investing in some real chips for a small regular home tourney game once we are able to better manage the Covid. While I would love to say it's THCs or nothing.... I think a set of decent china clays (Milanos or Majestics) will be my entry while stalking a good deal on some real clays. The classifieds here are the plan once I meet the criteria.

By way of introduction, I'm luckless - at least when it comes to cards. I've had aces cracked more time than I've won with them, and I know this because how rare it's been for me to get them. I can go more hands without being dealt something that has a face than anyone I know. Conversely, I've got a buddy who just swims in luck. Last visit to Vegas he won a tourney at Binion's by knocking out the final table with an unbelievable string - Aces, Aces, Aces, Kings, Aces. Last guy just got up and left before the flop when he turned over the last set. Happens all the time. Compared to him, I'm luckless.

With that, glad to be here.

Luckless

Welcome! Sounds like you have a great chipping game plan! Also @Ben8257 will say the same thing about Aces and his luck with cards! Lol

Last edited:
Welcome @Luckless I couldn't agree more man!! I have had Kings treat me well! But aces are a shove and hope or damn near fold for me! I still enjoy the game though!

Also I suggest playing Pineapple instead of just Hold em. You would be amazed at the increase in action! We do not play holdem in our game anymore and it is not uncommon even with a large pre flop raise to have every single player call!

If you are tired of looking at J3, Q4 and duce nine off! Switch it up and play Pineapple, makes the game a lot more interesting!

Best of luck on your chipping journey sir!
Fellow Chipper Ben

Welcome @Luckless I couldn't agree more man!! I have had Kings treat me well! But aces are a shove and hope or damn near fold for me! I still enjoy the game though!

Also I suggest playing Pineapple instead of just Hold em. You would be amazed at the increase in action! We do not play holdem in our game anymore and it is not uncommon even with a large pre flop raise to have every single player call!

If you are tired of looking at J3, Q4 and duce nine off! Switch it up and play Pineapple, makes the game a lot more interesting!

Best of luck on your chipping journey sir!
Fellow Chipper Ben
I’ll definitely have to take another look at pineapple. Thanks for the suggestion.

Luckless

Welcome. PLease let me know when your friend is visiting Vegas next. I dont want to be anywhere near him, LOL
On the flip side, when he hits the craps table I just mimic him and decline the dice. He’s that guy that goes on streaks If 35+ throws, and often. other players tip him when he leaves.

Luckless

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom