New Look For Classifieds (1 Viewer)

chippitydoodah

Full House
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Very cool new look. Love it.
Screenshot_20240222_195426_Chrome.jpg

Give it some time. New web format rollouts are never well liked. Not saying it’s better but gotta give it time.

Having pictures is really a plus. like it.
But the space beetween lines makes it really more difficult to read quickly thru the page.
May be reducing the shown picture size (plus shwoing a bigger picture when roll the mouse over the image) make the lines closer and easier to read ?

My 2 cents.

May be reducing the shown picture size (plus shwoing a bigger picture when roll the mouse over the image) make the lines closer and easier to read ?
I Made some local tests and may be moving the image on the right will help reading/scanning the page..

This way we have our eye looking at info the way our brain works : Reading text first then seing image in second.
Better cognitive habits.

I Made some local tests and may be moving the image on the right will help reading/scanning the page..

This way we have our eye looking at info the way our brain works : Reading text first then seing image in second.
Better cognitive habits.
It is this on mobile or desktop? Also, eBay's layout is similar.

Screenshot_20240301-182538.pngScreenshot_20240301-182608.png

It is this on mobile
Computer.

Also, eBay's layout is similar
I know.

But my "feeling" is that you have a different use case :

- eBay => search => get a LOT of noise before finding.
- PCF => scanning rapidly if something is of interest for me (and images are a real plus). This is more needed, considering the speed new responses/items are added.

Nota : On your new layout, may be, after the image, then start the line with the text and not the tag. put the tag below for exemple.
This could be better for reading if you keep this layout.

[EDIT] I really think the "problem" is I start reading tag before what is it about.
My brain needs more this reading workflow : image for catch my attention => description to get/understand what is it about => tag to add information
In this order.

And you can see this what eBay does. "pre owned", "new", etc... are on second line (like a tag)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom