Negreanu's Roid Rage (1 Viewer)

SiouxperStack

Full House
Reaction score
3067146-1612976181-image.jpg

I didn't catch his tirade live but I watched the replay and I'll say it's unbecoming of a poker ambassador but expected when you are as tough as Daniel Negreanu is. Now twitter is doing what it does best and attempting to get Negreanu canceled.
If you have no clue what I'm talking about it's this...
https://www.cardschat.com/news/daniel-negreanu-tirade-poker-92470/
Doug Polk's tweet is pretty great
Wait.... I kind of need to hear option D

A couple angles on this I think:

(1) This is conduct that reflects poorly on a "poker ambassador"? Do they know who they're even trying to market to? Trying to think of a meaningful market segment that would actually get mad about this. Someone insulted his wife on stream and he went off. He looked like a tool doing it because he's about 5% as eloquent as he thinks he is and because he would likely get his shit pushed in if he tried to fight back against someone actually looking to fight him. But none of that will matter as much to most demographics as the fact that he defended his wife's "honor" (also silly imo, but whatever).

Whether what he said is inherently good/bad/right/wrong is beside the point most people seem to want to make. It's not bad for poker as a "brand" that he said it. Just argue about whether it's bad if you care instead of pretending you're just worried about the sensitive ears of the "poker community."

(2) I'm 100% for Deeb and Polk making fun of Negreanu, but we all know that they're doing it because they (rightfully imo) hate Daniel, not because they are seriously concerned about Twitch terms of service.

A couple angles on this I think:

(1) This is conduct that reflects poorly on a "poker ambassador"? Do they know who they're even trying to market to? Trying to think of a meaningful market segment that would actually get mad about this. Someone insulted his wife on stream and he went off. He looked like a tool doing it because he's about 5% as eloquent as he thinks he is and because he would likely get his shit pushed in if he tried to fight back against someone actually looking to fight him. But none of that will matter as much to most demographics as the fact that he defended his wife's "honor" (also silly imo, but whatever).

Whether what he said is inherently good/bad/right/wrong is beside the point most people seem to want to make. It's not bad for poker as a "brand" that he said it. Just argue about whether it's bad if you care instead of pretending you're just worried about the sensitive ears of the "poker community."

(2) I'm 100% for Deeb and Polk making fun of Negreanu, but we all know that they're doing it because they (rightfully imo) hate Daniel, not because they are seriously concerned about Twitch terms of service.
I agree with you. I feel a lot of the attacks on Negreanu are just people virtue signaling. Calling his rant homophobic is a bit of a stretch. Deeb is calling for him to be banned though..I don't agree with that.

Right. I don't find it very offensive but there is an uproar about it.
So I read somewhere in the article that another player made a comment directed at his wife and that sparked his response. Without knowing what the comment was ita hard to judge, but I don't really blame him for his loss of control. Some people take their S.O. very seriously so a stab at their partner can be very upsetting

Also, I've probably heard worse at @Seeking Alpha Social Club's game lol

I think it says a lot about Doug Polk that he recently announced his final poker vlog, only to post this...

Screenshot_20200726_022524.jpg

His obsession with Negreanu — and his subsequent downfall, it would seem — is embarrassing. Polk is nothing more than a troll and, in a world where the actions of trolls and online bullies have real consequences, I don't blame Negreanu for losing his shit if someone did indeed insult his wife.

For example, I wonder if the people trying to get Negreanu cancelled had their significant others insulted in a restaurant, whether they would just sit there and do nothing — or lose their shit and go on the offensive?

Just because something happens online, it doesn't make it any less real. The people virtue signalling and scolding Negreanu behind the safety of their own keyboards would do well to remember that.

I think it says a lot about Doug Polk that he recently announced his final poker vlog, only to post this...

View attachment 497974

His obsession with Negreanu — and his subsequent downfall, it would seem — is embarrassing. Polk is nothing more than a troll and, in a world where the actions of trolls and online bullies have real consequences, I don't blame Negreanu for losing his shit if someone did indeed insult his wife.

For example, I wonder if the people trying to get Negreanu cancelled had their significant others insulted in a restaurant, whether they would just sit there and do nothing — or lose their shit and go on the offensive?

Just because something happens online, it doesn't make it any less real. The people virtue signalling and scolding Negreanu behind the safety of their own keyboards would do well to remember that.
Right?
His grudge against Daniel has never been about anything other than jealousy as far as I can tell - jealous that Daniel is more successful than him and jealous that Daniel is well liked. You'd think the quitter would be embarrassed to crawl out of his hole to take shots at a guy who continues to succeed at a game that he can't handle. I think it's pretty clear that Doug has some mental health issues and I'm not comfortable taking shots at a guy who was forced out of wildly successful career because of anxiety, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. When he continues to troll Daniel, he just exposes himself as pitiable.

Right?
His grudge against Daniel has never been about anything other than jealousy as far as I can tell - jealous that Daniel is more successful than him and jealous that Daniel is well liked. You'd think the quitter would be embarrassed to crawl out of his hole to take shots at a guy who continues to succeed at a game that he can't handle. I think it's pretty clear that Doug has some mental health issues and I'm not comfortable taking shots at a guy who was forced out of wildly successful career because of anxiety, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. When he continues to troll Daniel, he just exposes himself as pitiable.
Could not have put it better myself.

As someone who's suffered from crippling anxiety in the past, I find it really irresponsible — and downright disgraceful, quite frankly — of fellow sufferers like Polk to troll and behave in a manner online that could lead to and cause severe anxiety for somebody else.

Last edited:

View attachment 497974

Excuse me, but I thought we were piling on Negreanu here! :cool

Anything show what "Fucking Thomas Strata" actually said?

Someone talked crap about his wife and he told them to go fuck themselves?! Where I grew up you would be ostracized if you didn’t respond like that,

“Now Twitter is... “ or “Now people on Twitter...” should never be a newsworthy anecdote, let alone basis for a news story.

View attachment 497974

I kind of enjoy Polk exposing Daniel. It really all started with the “rake is good for the game” bs.

Excuse me, but I thought we were piling on Negreanu here! :cool

Anything show what "Fucking Thomas Strata" actually said?
I just read a tweet where Matt Glanz was bashing him and Daniel replied, good-naturedly, that is was about his wife.
I don't really care what was actually said. Daniel opens himself up to this kind of shit so he should be able to handle it, and he usually does. I'm not gonna bash the guy for defending his wife, and we all lose our tempers sometimes. Not a great look for him, but it happens.

I kind of enjoy Polk exposing Daniel. It really all started with the “rake is good for the game” bs.
The "rake is good" thing wasn't a great look for Daniel. I think Doug was doing good work in questioning it. The level to which he took it was childish, and the fact that he continues to be obsessed with Daniel is just weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom