Need help! Apache 43mm Line Ups (1 Viewer)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Final colors are in and I need help designing two sets
- one cash: frac / 1 / 5 / 20 or 25 with no need for a $100
- one tournament: high roller 25k / 100k / 500k / 1m

Preferences:
Cash - cali or traditional is fine, do not want to use the standard .25 / 1 / 100 in the set
Tourney - more spotting the better I think.... but I'm not opposed to using the 25 / 25,000 either
— great to use the pink/orange/yellowhs25k colors somewhere too

roayl-chip-with-label-update-s05141901-jpg.287911

update-color-for-pink-chip-s0515-jpg.287910

Last edited:
If you wanna go Aria tribute then:

That's almost exactly what I pre-ordered except I chose the orange chip instead of yellow. If the improved yellow was available when I ordered, I would probably have done this exact lineup.

Without even giving it one ounce of thought yet.....

... all three lineups suggested ^above^ are s.o.l.i.d. That's a pretty good indicator of a really well-designed set, and doesn't even take into account some of the other great chip choices available that weren't included above.

You almost can't go wrong, no matter how you decide to configure it.

Without even giving it one ounce of thought yet.....

... all three lineups suggested ^above^ are s.o.l.i.d. That's a pretty good indicator of a really well-designed set, and doesn't even take into account some of the other great chip choices available that weren't included above.

You almost can't go wrong, no matter how you decide to configure it.
That’s what makes this so hard though! They’re all so good!

In all seriousness (this is not another humorous MOAR chips post) I think you should work all ten chips into your sets. Add a $100 in the cash set and add either a 5k or a 5m in the tournament set. They're all spectacular!

Even if the $100 doesn't get used, it will look fantastic in the rack!

If you remove the 'k', your tournament set is exactly like a T25 base set, and they usually use denoms up to T5000, so adding a 5m makes sense. Or, start earlier with a 5k.

And most importantly: MOAR chips!! :LOL: :laugh:

Green frac, white $1, red $5, yellow $20

blurple 25k, pink 100k, orange 500k, light blue 1mil, gray 5mil.

I am in the same scramble right now... I pre-ordered a nice set, but a few colors are looking far better than anticipated. May just have to buy moar and make label decisions at a later date.

Off topic - I understand that buying CC in one-shot is good for color consistency, but is there a risk of inventory running out? Have there been CC that stop being made?

On topic - Liking the lineup from @BSteck

In all seriousness (this is not another humorous MOAR chips post) I think you should work all ten chips into your sets. Add a $100 in the cash set and add either a 5k or a 5m in the tournament set. They're all spectacular!

Even if the $100 doesn't get used, it will look fantastic in the rack!

If you remove the 'k', your tournament set is exactly like a T25 base set, and they usually use denoms up to T5000, so adding a 5m makes sense. Or, start earlier with a 5k.

And most importantly: MOAR chips!! :LOL: :laugh:
I love moar chips but rather have more chips of a denomination I'll use instead of that Xth denom I won't/

Not adding a 5M for a few reasons:
- easier to quickly estimate each players total chips if the top/most prevalent chip on the table is a 1X denom (1, 1k, 1m) - yep I'm that lazy
- adding a 5m chip would mean less 1m chips on the table (might get like 200-300 of them - cause MOAR CHIPS!) or at the least make the lowest denom that much more useless
- might even stick to 4 denoms since this will be a travel STT set meaning few colors ups necessary

Always glad to hear more opinions and the list above is 100% my personal preference. No right or wrong imo.

Off topic - I understand that buying CC in one-shot is good for color consistency, but is there a risk of inventory running out? Have there been CC that stop being made?
Bottom line? Any china clay purchase is a crap shoot.

Even ordering chips all at one time (like in the current not-a-group buy) entails some risk. Past issues include:
  • an initial group order that was so large that it required two separate factory production runs, and not all chips in both runs were identical (and no guarantee that all of your orded chips would be from the same time run)
  • earlier-produced chips in a run were different than later-produced chips in the same run, in either quality, dimensions (diameter and/or thickness), or color, but all chips were delivered at the same time (so receiving a mix was certainly possible, and did happen)
  • molds wear out, and equipmemt variances can change (or not be adequately checked or kept accurate), causing dimensional changes and changes to appearance
  • material changes (either on-the-fly or by design to save manufacturing costs) can alter the look and/or feel and durability of production chips vs prototypes
Safest approach is to order all you'll ever need at one time, but even that isn't totally safe, historically-speaking.

Generally, the factory only produces chips when it receives an order...... and there is no guarantee that future orders for any cc design will be submitted.

The are many more 'obsolete' designs of cc chips no longer being produced than there are designs of currently-offered cc chip lines.

Just started playing around with this.

.25/.50 ~ .50/1 (Following Cali standards from what I read)

T500 base (No idea what makes a good tournament set, colors seem fun)

figuring the grey 100 and red 100k will rarely see the felt. but grabbing a roll of each just in case...

Not adding a 5M for a few reasons:
- easier to quickly estimate each players total chips if the top/most prevalent chip on the table is a 1X denom (1, 1k, 1m) - yep I'm that lazy
Fair enough. What starting stacks are you considering? T10m with 12/12/5/6? For 10 person STT (freezout) that should end around level 2m/4m, at which point all other chips should be colored up and you'll have 100 of the 1m chips of the table (few more if you round up on color-ups), and that is perfectly workable.
T20m with 12/12/5/16 and you'll have 200 1m at the end, which might be a tad much, but still works.

- adding a 5m chip would mean less 1m chips on the table (might get like 200-300 of them - cause MOAR CHIPS!) or at the least make the lowest denom that much more useless
- might even stick to 4 denoms since this will be a travel STT set meaning few colors ups necessary
IMO, the lower denoms get more useless by having starting stacks with high value, not necessarily high value chips.
Example: Comparing a T20m with 12/12/5/16 and a T20m with 12/12/5/11/1 (adding a 5m chip), the lower chips aren't more useless in the second, the only difference is less T1m.

The number of color-ups necessary is determined by the structure and the amount of lower denom chips, not by the amount of denoms. Adding a T5m doesn't mean more color-ups.

To be clear, I'm all for capping at T1m and having lots of them, just make sure you think about the structure, color ups etc, so it works as intended. :)

I've got a cash set of 600 chips on pre-ordered, however since the new chip colors are finalized for production, I'm really loving them and wanting to add a .25 chip just because I want more colors in my set, possible the stock .25 chip or completely changing it up. We play $1/$1 cash game after our tournament on one table, up to 10 seats. Possibly all 5 chips in play at once, .50SB, $1BB, $2 Permanent Straddle.

Current pre order is.... labeled stock denominations below - however "if" Apache is going to sale full sheets of labeled denominations from china - then I'm thinking of changing up my order. I really don't want to order from a 3rd party, too impatient to wait on that, plus theres more $$$ to do so.

I just bought 1300 Majestic chips last week for a T10,000 tournament set, for 30 seats, re-buys and colors ups - my labels for my orange 5K chips will be here Monday - that being said I've never applied labels to a chip, I only ordered 100 labels for 50 chips, I realized after they shipped, I should have gotten more for mess ups. We'll see how this goes this week.

That being said, I'm 50/50 on the decision of relabeling 500 + chips plus the added cost. I need to make a decision soon because the prices of the Royals are supposed to go up in the next week or so.

Current Pre-Order

200 - .25 **Possible Addition**
300 - $1
200 - $5 ** I LOVE THE $5, not going to change this chip or denomination.
75 - $25 ** This purple looks different from when a member took his own pic of the sample to share to the group - I like that color purple vs the approved one.
25 - $100

Please let me know what cash set you like the best, I'll label them #1, #2 and so on for options.

Thanks for the feedback, hope this helps others with there cash set as well - so many awesome colored chips - I REALLY WANT THAT HOT PINK CHIP IN PLAY!!

Options #1 **Stock**

Options #2

Option #3

Option #4

Option #5

Option #6 **Pushing the colors here....

Option #7 **Pushing it here....

Options #8 **too many options!! lol

Last edited:
I've got a cash set of 600 chips on pre-ordered, however since the new chip colors are finalized for production, I'm really loving them and wanting to add a .25 chip just because I want more colors in my set, possible the stock .25 chip or completely changing it up. We play $1/$1 cash game after our tournament on one table, up to 10 seats. Possibly all 5 chips in play at once, .50SB, $1BB, $2 Permanent Straddle.

Current pre order is.... labeled stock denominations below - however "if" Apache is going to sale full sheets of labeled denominations from china - then I'm thinking of changing up my order. I really don't want to order from a 3rd party, too impatient to wait on that, plus theres more $$$ to do so.

I just bought 1300 Majestic chips last week for a T10,000 tournament set, for 30 seats, re-buys and colors ups - my labels for my orange 5K chips will be here Monday - that being said I've never applied labels to a chip, I only ordered 100 labels for 50 chips, I realized after they shipped, I should have gotten more for mess ups. We'll see how this goes this week.

That being said, I'm 50/50 on the decision of relabeling 500 + chips plus the added cost. I need to make a decision soon because the prices of the Royals are supposed to go up in the next week or so.

Current Pre-Order

300 - $1
75 - $25 ** This purple looks different from when a member took his own pic of the sample to share to the group - I like that color purple vs the approved one.
25 - $100

View attachment 289103

Please let me know what cash set you like the best, I'll label them #1, #2 and so on for options.

Thanks for the feedback, hope this helps others with there cash set as well - so many awesome colored chips - I REALLY WANT THAT HOT PINK CHIP IN PLAY!!

Options #1 **Stock**

View attachment 289106

Options #2

View attachment 289107

Option #3

View attachment 289114

Option #4

View attachment 289108

Option #5

View attachment 289111

View attachment 289117

View attachment 289119

View attachment 289124
Would you use a snapper? Or a $2 chip? That would give more options too.

Current Pre-Order

300 - $1
25 - $100

View attachment 289103

Options #1 **Stock**

View attachment 289106

Options #2

View attachment 289107

Option #3

View attachment 289114

Option #4

View attachment 289108

Option #5

View attachment 289111

View attachment 289117

View attachment 289119

View attachment 289124
Pink .25
Blurple $1
Red $5
Yellow or White $20
Gray $100

I am not really a fan of the black chip. Use it if you like it.

If you can get use from a snapper or $2 chip, you would have a lot more options for chips that will get in play. I would make sure that your favorite colors get in play the most. You are right...so many good options in this set.

Pink .25
Blurple $1
Red $5
Yellow or White $20
Gray $100

I am not really a fan of the black chip. Use it if you like it.

If you can get use from a snapper or $2 chip, you would have a lot more options for chips that will get in play. I would make sure that your favorite colors get in play the most. You are right...so many good options in this set.
I'm not familiar with a snapper, do you mean a $2 denomination chip? If that's the case, then no - we would use 2 $1 chips for the straddle.

Yeah, thats the problem - too many options - I always seem to leave out a chip I like, or the color combos seem forced in to the set - i'm still playing with more options. I know I'm going to use the red $5, everything else could be up in the air - my tables have black felt too - so that's a factor as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not familiar with a snapper, do you mean a $2 denomination chip? If that's the case, then no - we would use 2 $1 chips for the straddle.

Yeah, thats the problem - too many options - I always seem to leave out a chip I like, or the color combos seem forced in to the set - i'm still playing with more options. I know I'm going to use the red $5, everything else could be up in the air - my tables have black felt too - so that's a factor as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
Snapper is $2.50. They were commonly used on blackjack tables, but less common now. Could be used in a $5/$10 limit game with $2.50/$5 blinds. If so, pink snapper is common.

Option 8 is my favorite. You’re using all the best chips in the lineup with that one. Personally, I’ve ordered 100 each of the pink, flag, melon and blurple chips for my high roller tourney set with 50 grey and 50 black for extras. I did have 100 orange but as soon as I saw the pink I swapped them. The pink is nutz!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom