Nanuk 910 = 400 chip perfection (2 Viewers)

8 Justin racks + Nanuk 910 = stupid easy storage

Just remove the all of the pick and pluck in one go, leaving just the border, bottom, and top foams. Fits 8 racks. It's a bit snug when you close it, but I like that - nothing moves. The middle gap makes getting racks in and out easy. You can squeeze in a couple decks in tuck boxes in the middle, but I would not recommend it.

1704679103836.png

The Nanuk case is great bang for the buck too. You can find them on Amazon warehouse deals from time to time and they look practically new.

The case has enough build to be secure and protective but not overbuilt to where they are heavier than needed like the Harbor Freight cases. The latch system is a big advantage as it has a lever you need to press before you can open the latch. No worries about chips getting spilled out of the case because a latch isn't secure.

And for the larger cases you can upgrade to locking latches.

IMG_4390.jpeg

Pelican used to be the gold standard (I have one for my camera gear) but they’ve just stood still and have been overtaken by Nanuk who has a better product and cheap but just as strong clones.

Why don't you like the pelican cases? What size/ model is that pelican case there?
Pelican cases are also very nice, but just expensive compared to the others. It's like the Yeti cup vs all the other brands which are just as good for a less of the cost.

The Nanuk case is great bang for the buck too. You can find them on Amazon warehouse deals from time to time and they look practically new.

The case has enough build to be secure and protective but not overbuilt to where they are heavier than needed like the Harbor Freight cases. The latch system is a big advantage as it has a lever you need to press before you can open the latch. No worries about chips getting spilled out of the case because a latch isn't secure.

+1. Latching system on Nanuk is superior to that of Pelican. I know many won’t encounter this but if you have to, Nanuk’s customer service is also miles ahead of Pelican. Amazing staff who try their best to keep a customer happy.

And for the larger cases you can upgrade to locking latches.

View attachment 1295397

Pelican used to be the gold standard (I have one for my camera gear) but they’ve just stood still and have been overtaken by Nanuk who has a better product and cheap but just as strong clones.

Their lock that their sell is also a solid one. Made very well.

Should I do two nanuk 910 for my 800 chip JD’s set or another one Apache 3800 like my China clays?

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5079.jpeg
    IMG_5079.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 40
Should I do two nanuk 910 for my 800 chip JD’s set or another one Apache 3800 like my China clays?

Take the dive and get a Nanuk 935. Couple reasons, it’s worth every penny of the $200 you’ll spend on it, especially when you consider you’re transporting a $3k set. The other reason is the wheels. You’ll be thankful you can wheel it around and not carry 35-40lbs with just your arm.

I have the smaller Nanuk 909. It holds my GoPro and accessories. Probably could fit 300 chips in it.

PXL_20240322_131558896.jpg

PXL_20240322_131621994.jpg

This kind of cases makes sense partly because of the protective foam.
Without the foam, why spend an arm and a leg?
Nanuk 910 with its deserved foam can house 4 racks maximum (400 chips).

That’s brave man. I’ve seen people doing this. I’m considering a case for Paulsons and think I may need some protection on top. Idk I should just buy one and test it.

Nanuk 910 holds 800 chips, with the original foam on top, bottom, and sides if you use Justin racks. Tight, but fits and is rock solid. No bravery needed. :)
Seriously, it is a no brainer solution for me. I think folks are convinced it won't fit, so don't try. But they fit. The racks are stacked four on top of four below. If you are thinking of 2 Nanuk 910s, just start with one. If you don't like it with 800 chips, then get a second.

1711159162905.png

Nanuk 910 holds 800 chips, with the original foam on top, bottom, and sides if you use Justin racks. Tight, but fits and is rock solid. No bravery needed. :)
Seriously, it is a no brainer solution for me. I think folks are convinced it won't fit, so don't try. But they fit. The racks are stacked four on top of four below. If you are thinking of 2 Nanuk 910s, just start with one. If you don't like it with 800 chips, then get a second.

View attachment 1297635

Here, a quick video I just shot. I can manage it with one hand, with only a little bit of fumbling. You can see the foam in the lid, bottom, and sides.
nanuk 910 + 800 chips.gif

Also check warehouse deals! Prices there will also go up and down and sometimes there's sales on top of the already discounted prices.

Nanuk 915 case for 57.28 - used like new condition

Current price for a new one in the same color is $115.

Orange and red with the foam are 87.96 right now.

I will add what I want to my saved cart and check on it periodically to see if the price drops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom