My new THC mixed set (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This is just the beginning. Three racks is hardly a set. But since my games are most typically 6 handed, it’s actually playable.
But this is just the beginning. It will definitely grow, and probably change, but here’s what I’ve got so far.
A080A4F2-A4B2-4160-9AE2-0BCF8134E9FE.jpeg
D952FD67-8C5B-48D2-A5E9-001A8EAEFF3A.jpeg

The original idea, which started with the Aztars, was a mixed THC shaped inlay set. When I added the PCA’s and threw in the crystal palace quarters, my thinking was
A - maybe this should be a red white and blue set
B - damn, since the $1’s and $5’s are both hub inlays, I guess I need $20’s or $25’s that are hubs too.
So I’m not there yet. And as far as the red white and blue goes (black $20’s don’t violate that in my book) I’m not sure I need it. I kinda feel like I’d like to see more color.
C727215A-2B26-4F84-B1B1-C10C2A4716FE.jpeg

So here’s some other ideas. I can’t use the shy clown because it doesn’t have a shaped inlay, but I do like that shade of green. Even though the golden gate frac doesn’t “go” with these colors, I kind of like it. And as much as I love my crystal palace fracs, Im thinking this set needs fracs in better condition.
but here’s where it all starts!
108D2C65-98A9-4133-BD34-B13083B431A6.jpeg

Pink RRP fracs ftw. And CC hub-inlay $20s.
I dunno. I've always resisted pink fracs with red fives. If I'm only going to have 4 chips in play (and mostly three, to be honest) do I really want a pink AND a red?
I suppose I should buy one and see how it looks. But that's not soaring to the top of my list right now.
And you gotta help me out Dave - I did a search for CC, but that mostly yields China Clay. I thought Circus Circus, but couldn't find a hub $20

Oh yeah, capitol city hub $20 would be perfect - I've been keeping my eyes open for those.

This is a great set. I definitely prefer a green $25 chip in this lineup. I dont think the HP chips plays too well against the fiver. Great chips though!

Oh people are going to HATE this. I should. But I don’t. Because the chip is from Mass (not MA, no no, It’s old school Mass.) and I love it’s inlay. So it’s a stupid stupid $10, so what? Not many $20s or $25’s ever hit the felt in my quarters game anyway. This way, twice as many get in play.
It’s pretty much playable now, since I’m usually playing 5 or 6 handed. But I really should track down another rack of ones.
C70889AF-934C-4F59-806C-2451357B81F5.jpeg

BBE2071B-4785-43FA-8A30-CA7C8DEFB9E1.jpeg
097AECCD-147B-42A5-A574-5087A8B7A863.jpeg

Oh and don’t forget this oddball. I really wish I didn’t go faux shaped on this. If I replace these inlays again, they’ll probably be the most expensive chips I own.
0DC9C90B-6896-41A1-8471-EA73718D9F3F.jpeg

Oh people are going to HATE this. I should. But I don’t. Because the chip is from Mass (not MA, no no, It’s old school Mass.) and I love it’s inlay. So it’s a stupid stupid $10, so what? Not many $20s or $25’s ever hit the felt in my quarters game anyway. This way, twice as many get in play.
It’s pretty much playable now, since I’m usually playing 5 or 6 handed. But I really should track down another rack of ones.
View attachment 494988
View attachment 494983View attachment 494984

Oh and don’t forget this oddball. I really wish I didn’t go faux shaped on this. If I replace these inlays again, they’ll probably be the most expensive chips I own.
View attachment 494990

Love the Happy Knights.

What were those black chips originally?

By the way, the ND Athenian Owl "hundo" has ended up playing as 10E anyway, either in the abscence of the 20E chip, or indeed as 100 dimes in games where we play the denoms as dimes.
Only in the very occasional .50/1E game do the 20Es come in any meaningful numbers (and the ND hundos just don't see the felt).

Progress!
I know the ten dollar chip is stupid, but I love it. And know what else is stupid? The $1.75 chip. Because when me and my buddies play poker, WE’RE stupid.
The set is fully playable at this point, for an 8-max .25/.50 game. But I’m sure I’ll look to keep expanding.
I love the PCA $5, but maybe I need to look for some $5s that have a different shaped inlay. But then I’d have to dump the $10s for a $25 with a different shape. . I actually have some (see Foxwoods below) but they need some work and I kinda like the idea of the tens. This game never needed $20’s or $25’s anyway, but sometimes I’d get a couple out on the table for fun. With a $10, I can get twice as many out there - more fun!
222BA629-68A7-44FF-9DAC-CAA3BD0E9F3D.jpeg
EBD3AC1C-D66E-41A6-AE51-D3D9E78DAF7B.jpeg
93EA2C5A-4DA2-4248-892A-C6F82752971A.jpeg

By the way, if you notice the 500 case I have them in now - looks like a Paulson case from the outside, honestly. But it's black, I'm not sure if it is or it isn't, but on the inside, it's got a flimsy feeling plastic liner and as you can see, holds 52 mint paulsons per row.
The whole appeal to the paulson cases (to me) is based on the exact fit for the chips.
I believe I've got a "good" one coming, to replace this.
Anybody know what larger sizes they came in?

By the way, if you notice the 500 case I have them in now - looks like a Paulson case from the outside, honestly. But it's black, I'm not sure if it is or it isn't, but on the inside, it's got a flimsy feeling plastic liner and as you can see, holds 52 mint paulsons per row.
The whole appeal to the paulson cases (to me) is based on the exact fit for the chips.
I believe I've got a "good" one coming, to replace this.
Anybody know what larger sizes they came in?
I know you dislike cases requiring racks and being overkill in terms of protection.
When it comes to classic cases, the sturdier are the Versa Deluxe.
With the 1,000 ct out of the question (too heavy and no wheels), it all boils down to the 500ct version, which can carry 53 mint Paulsons per row (so 530 without further patents).
If you take out the stupid "card deck storage" dividers (with bare hands), you can have either 12 rows (using some divider foam) or 4 soft tubes x27 Paulson chips each in the former card deck and dice:rolleyes: space.
End result is a capacity of 638-640 mint Paulsons per case.

I know you dislike cases requiring racks and being overkill in terms of protection.
When it comes to classic cases, the sturdier are the Versa Deluxe.
With the 1,000 ct out of the question (too heavy and no wheels), it all boils down to the 500ct version, which can carry 53 mint Paulsons per row (so 530 without further patents).
If you take out the stupid "card deck storage" dividers (with bare hands), you can have either 12 rows (using some divider foam) or 4 soft tubes x27 Paulson chips each in the former card deck and dice:rolleyes: space.
End result is a capacity of 638-640 mint Paulsons per case.
If I was going to recommend a case to somebody else, it would be a versa. But for me, I’ve got plenty of cases. I’m just Interested in some old school cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom