My Man Cave Remodel (3 Viewers)

what kind of carpet is the new one?

Here are the carpet specs. The good thing is that it was available in 15' width.

100% Anso BCF nylon cut pile
Lifetime stain warranty; 20-year wear warranty; 20-year texture retention warranty
Protected by Shaw R2x Stain and Soil resistance system

We like like much better than the first choice. It feels nice on the feet. :)

Thanks. Could not of done it without the help of my dad.

you did a great job tommy. I hope to see a second table in there someday.

you did a great job tommy. I hope to see a second table in there someday.

I plan to get one for tourneys. Something inexpensive that has folding legs so I can store it away.

Awesome !!! very good job

Thanks. Just a little more to do, plumbing and a few touch-ups. (damn carpet installers and their baseboard tool)

Fyi, for anyone looking for carpeting, Lowes has a stainmaster nylon carpet with 42oz face weight for only 1.99 a sq ft. The only catch is that the price is so low because it is one of two nylon carpets that they stock in the store, and they only have it in one color (a nice, slightly variegated beige). My wife and I are finishing our basement atm and this stuff is at least a buck cheaper than all of the other stuff which they have to special order, and it is WAYYYY better than the polyester crap that you'll normally find in that price range.

That is a great deal! 100% nylon is the way to go! Stay away from olefin type carpets.

just got through the whole thread watching every photo precisely and I'm totally blown away! That's indeed an AWESOME Man Cave!! I'm green with envy!

Testing out my new camera....

base1.jpg
Need to get 2 tables for the corners.

base2.jpg
Will probably get a narrow table for behind the couch.

base3.jpg

base4.jpg
Going to put something at the bottom of the steps. Just not sure what yet. Maybe a neon sign. Looks bare IMO.
I haven't put the metal railing back yet either. Going to send it out to get blasted and powered coated matte black.

base5.jpg

base6.jpg
Repairing damage on new wall. :( A piece of metal shelving put 3 gashes in the drywall after I accidentally tripped over it.

base7.jpg
Plenty of space for 1 maybe 2 more tables. :)

base8.jpg
Still have the carpet sliders under the legs of the credenza. :eek:
Those things are great by the way.

Very nice sir! like in real estate. They said, you invest in a basement you will get back about 80% of the value back.

102% you ask? that's is for another threat.

Thanks for sharing your photos

Any they aired it two times back to back. :rolleyes:

My other two chairs came in today. Thanks Dennis!

chairs.jpg

Wow...I can't remember the last time I stared at a table and some chairs when there were chips in the pic as well...and that's no offense to the chips. Damn nice setup you got there.

Now just add some color to those walls will ya? Or throw something on them.

Thanks all!

Wow...I can't remember the last time I stared at a table and some chairs when there were chips in the pic as well...and that's no offense to the chips. Damn nice setup you got there.

Now just add some color to those walls will ya? Or throw something on them.

LOL...I have a few things up now.

base5.jpg

Time to get this thread going again. The plumbing for the wet bar and bathroom still need to be done. Getting the area ready.
I need about 50 feet of copper for the water lines. :eek:

plumbing1.png

In case this thread is new to you, I have to use an upflush system because my sewer line is about 2ft above my basement floor.
RED = venting
GREEN = drain

plumbing3.png

plumbing2.png

We are moving the hot water heater back to where is was originally. When this goes, I'm getting the tankless one that hangs on the wall. :) I'm going to repaint the floor this weekend.

I am building a shitter in the basement this summer as well and will prob. need something similar (some kind of pump I would imagine). Let us know how it goes. Good luck. Make sure there are no leaks in those pipes :D.

I used to have an upflush for a basement bathroom/sink, too. Never had a problem (luckily.)

To get below the grade of the drain in the shower, the sump had to be dug into a well in the concrete floor. Yours looks to be much easier to service!

I am building a shitter in the basement this summer as well and will prob. need something similar (some kind of pump I would imagine). Let us know how it goes. Good luck. Make sure there are no leaks in those pipes :D.

LOL...that would be a shitty mess. :D

I used to have an upflush for a basement bathroom/sink, too. Never had a problem (luckily.)

To get below the grade of the drain in the shower, the sump had to be dug into a well in the concrete floor. Yours looks to be much easier to service!

We raised the shower base just enough to get a 2" trap under it. We are going to get as much of the plumbing inside the wall then drywall it when we done and make some access panels. (or just not tape the drywall and just make the entire wall an access panel.)

20140308_233303.jpg

3/9/14

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom