My first cash game set...filling in the gaps (1 Viewer)

Strike1st

Straight
Reaction score
I decided on China Clays for a cash set...then decided on Milanos...then the CPS came out...oops.

Anyway I've been trying to be a cheap s.o.b. and build a set of Milanos. We play .25/.50 NLHE with up to 10 players $20 to $40 buy in.

So quarters have been impossible to get...and I'm still push my classified but I think I just scored 100 of them. Here is my current break down if the quarter chips come in:

.25 - 100
$1 - 175
$5 - 100

I currently plan on adding 50 more quarters, 25 more $1 and 50 $25

If quarters never resurface or nobody wants to part with any I'll fill in with .50 cent chips.

Am I close? Advice would be appreciated.

Chris

I love the blue $10s, I might do that instead of $25s for a cash game. Sounds like you have the right breakdown planned.

We do 60 buy in for my .25/.50 cash games. Here is my preferred breakdown for 10 players

starting stack

12 x .25
17 x 1
8 x 5

Chipset with extra's

130 x .25

200 x 1

100 x 5

rebuys you can either just buy more 5's. or roll with a couple of barrels of either 20.00 or 25.00 chips.

B

You could also buy blanks and label them as quarters. I was never a big fan of the brown chip, but that's only my preference.

I also think the $10 chips would be awesome and would make cashing out easier because people generally buy in with twenties. I personally would buy one more rack of $5s and then a rack of $10s for a nice 600 piece set.

Again, this is just how I would do it. The Milanos are sweet China clays for sure. It was my first set.

Good luck with the hunt!

For me 100 quarters and 200 each of ones and fives. Throw in a barrel of $25 and I can handle our full table of 25/50 $60 buyin with lots of rebuys easily. This breakdown would not work for Bergs game however!

For me 100 quarters and 200 each of ones and fives. Throw in a barrel of $25 and I can handle our full table of 25/50 $60 buyin with lots of rebuys easily. This breakdown would not work for Bergs game however!

I think the folks at the NH/MA game would pick their teeth with most of our cash game chips.

I host and play a .25/.50 NL game. I am more comfortable with minimum 300 $1 chips. They are the workhorse in that particular game.
Good Luck

Think of the biggest bank you have ever needed double it (Just in case) then get the chip bank to match

100x25c is fine 25c50c NLH in really they only get used for blinds

If your starting buy in stays between $20-40

You can't go wrong with 300-500 $1s

My 10c20c Cash set ($2000 Bank)

Poker Cash 8x6.jpg

I also think the $10 chips would be awesome and would make cashing out easier because people generally buy in with twenties.

I don't see how... people don't end the night with an even number of chips, if you've been playing poker. If you're allowing $20 re-buys, it might make buying them in easier.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Fun mixed cash set, Craig D, and I highly approve using the $20 plaques in a low-stakes cash game. Lots of fun, and brings a touch of class. Where'd you get the metal Franklins? Loving those!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Ooooh, these would be sweet, if they were just a little bit bigger...

http://www.silver.com/1-oz-100-banknote-copper-bars/
100-banknote-front-new.jpg

$1.34 each, but only [FONT=open_sansregular]1 7/8″ by 1 1/8″ by 1/8″...[/FONT]

Last edited:
I currently have:

120 - quarters (looking for 30 more)
300 - $1's
200 - $5's (100 of these are on the way from Trihonda)
And I'm getting ready to order 100 - $10's or 100 - $25's or 50 - $10's and 50 - $25's

Ya ' ll suck, You're bad Influences and now I need to find a chips anonymous meeting.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom