My ASM custom solid set (1 Viewer)

1000 chips?! insane they didn't want to reunite them..... show's the dollar hunger
1,000 miscellaneous chips that were returns. They were multiple customers. I’ll try to copy the seller’s reply.

Here was the seller’s reply:
Before ASM was sold the last time we were contacted by them about their remaining product inventory. We purchased mainly cases, cards, accessories and a few 1000 mixed chips. Everything was received as a bulk lot and the chips appeared to be a mixture of their blanks, chips meant for the home market and defects. We were not informed about any customer chips in the lot and it seems that the previous owners of ASM didn't dispose of them properly. As we had no knowledge of this, we are sorry that they were listed online. We have already shut them down everywhere and will not offer them for sale any longer.

Grab some popcorn and a strong drink. This is a long thread. Unfortunately, most of the pics are dead...I think you needed to see it to believe it.

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/asm-end-of-the-quality-clay-chips-era.85022/

I just skimmed the first few pages. Looks like he was some a hole who was a partner in the purchase of ASM. Luckily that was way after my time. When I ordered the people there were super nice and helpful. I bought 500 and then added another 500 about 18 months later. The first order took about two months I think but the second took about 5-6. They were very apologetic and sent me over 100 random extras.

Before ASM was sold the last time we were contacted by them about their remaining product inventory. We purchased mainly cases, cards, accessories and a few 1000 mixed chips. Everything was received as a bulk lot and the chips appeared to be a mixture of their blanks, chips meant for the home market and defects. We were not informed about any customer chips in the lot and it seems that the previous owners of ASM didn't dispose of them properly. As we had no knowledge of this, we are sorry that they were listed online. We have already shut them down everywhere and will not offer them for sale any longer.
IMO, this is totally believable.

Yeah, that's Spinetti's, have been very good pulling auctions when the chips are identified as previous ASM customer orders -- and often allowing the old customers to purchase the chips at their cost if desired. I'd contact Mikko if you're interested.

A piece of human garbage of epic proportions, Donald R. (Red) Ott, also known as DR Ott, kept many of the ASM's assets after he 1) purchased the company, 2) moved it to Las Vegas, 3) renamed it to Anerican Standard Molding (previously Atlantic), 4) promptly ran it into the ground via shoddy workmanship and even worse customer no-service, 5) eventually closed the doors (while owing many chippers orders with no refunds issued), and 6) eventually sold the equipment to Spragg & his associates (who moved it back to Maine and started CPC, with Jim Blanchard once again making chips. Jim B had started the original ASM after buying the Burt Co. assets after they closed -- prior, he was the Production Manager for Burt Co.

Ott then started selling chips -- mostly customer order returns (from both old chip orders and those he poorly made in Vegas ) -- on Craigslist (!), and also sold a bunch of ASM stuff (including chips) to Spinetti's (who had no reason to believe that everything purchased couldn't be resold). Some items he later sold online 'should' have been included in the Spragg sale (like chip mold cups, etc.) and were luckily purchased by chippers here (who returned them to the rightful owners).

The list of misdeeds spewed forth by this poor excuse of a man is long and nasty.

Here's my old Roman mold set...

image.jpg

In light of this development, we are asking anyone who had custom chips made by ASM to please reach out to us if they feel there may be some extra chips out there from their past order. We are happy to return chips at cost to customers if it can be proven it was their custom chip order. This morning we gathered a few other ASM chips you can see in the picture below that could have been from other customer orders. If these belong to anyone, please let us know.

We are not interested, nor would we ever sell anyone's personal home game chips intentionally. We thank you for your attention to this matter.

IMG_2834.jpg

In light of this development, we are asking anyone who had custom chips made by ASM to please reach out to us if they feel there may be some extra chips out there from their past order. We are happy to return chips at cost to customers if it can be proven it was their custom chip order. This morning we gathered a few other ASM chips you can see in the picture below that could have been from other customer orders. If these belong to anyone, please let us know.

We are not interested, nor would we ever sell anyone's personal home game chips intentionally. We thank you for your attention to this matter.

View attachment 271316
Haven't done business with you all yet, but this is a big vote of confidence. Good work.

View attachment 271316
A classy move for sure. Thanks for having the community's back, and I've sent you a PM about my ASM chips as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom