Tourney Multi-day tournaments (2 Viewers)

rackemup2123

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience running a home-game multi-day tournament? That might be far too ambitious for a home game, but if someone has a dedicated group of players and the desire to stretch out a game over a couple days, it could be an interesting/fun idea. Curious if the community has had any success here and if so how the event was structured.

Side note, I greatly appreciate those who have replied to my limited posts so far. Brand new to the community and you have made me feel welcome despite my limited knowledge thus far. Thank you.

Does anyone have any experience running a home-game multi-day tournament? That might be far too ambitious for a home game, but if someone has a dedicated group of players and the desire to stretch out a game over a couple days, it could be an interesting/fun idea. Curious if the community has had any success here and if so how the event was structured.

Side note, I greatly appreciate those who have replied to my limited posts so far. Brand new to the community and you have made me feel welcome despite my limited knowledge thus far. Thank you.
I'm planning one for November. Twelve 30 min levels plus breaks the first day. Play down to a winner on day 2. Never run one before.

Too many schedule conflicts for most as is. You'll have a near impossible time finding a pair fo dates that works.

My guys maxed out on our 6-7 hour league championship.

I tried to set one up once but the players weren't interested. YMMV.
Yeah, this was my concern as well. My plan is to have a second tourney each of the two days to entice players to come for the whole weekend. Sort of like a meetup. Also, I'd only do this once per year to make it more special.

I’ve done this as the final table of a series. 8 player weekly tournament. We play with rebuys for 2 hours and the game always comes in at around 3.5 to 4 hours. So for the big bonus money final table we go from T5 to T25 base, bigger stacks plus bonuses for points. Because our games are usually no longer than 4 hours, day 1 runs for 4 hours. It lets us get in a much longer tournament without changing anyones usual schedule. Then we color up, optional top up, bag up, and come back the next week to decide a winner.

I’ve also had an idea for a 3 day tournament but people couldn’t understand the concept and I just scrapped it. Basically there would be 2 “heats” before the final table. Everyone pays a buy in and gets 3,000 chips. No rebuys. T5 base, 9x25 minute levels (4 hours including a break) starting at 5/10 and ending at 60/120. Mark down everyone’s chip total and start over for heat 2 in the next session by paying another buy in, redrawing seats, and starting with 3,000 chips again. After both heats you add up each players chips and that’s what they go to the final table with. Everyone also pays another buy in and gets a 4,000 chip bonus so even if you busted out of both heats you still have 25+ bigs at the final table. Final table starts at 75/150 with the 5s colored up from the game. Reason for paying 3 separate buy ins would be because some low stakes blue collar creatures of habit don’t always have anything extra to pay upfront but that can be handled differently with different people. My payouts would have been 60% for 1st, 25% 2nd and 15% 3rd with deals in play if the players chose to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom