Tourney Monopoly Tourney (1 Viewer)

Azcat

Pair
Reaction score
Did this last April. Everyone had a great time so I decided to do it again. We played like 6 straight games last time.

If you play by the official rules, the games don’t last long at all. Like a little over an hour.

I only got 3 players (regular cash players) plus myself to play this time around. Everyone was ok with playing a minimum of 2 games of Monopoly with $40 buy-in’s in each game and with the winner taking all. Then @mike32 said he was in for both games of Monopoly if we played dealers choice cards afterwards. The degenerates all quickly agreed. Didn’t need to twist my arm. So Monopoly to warm-up and then dealers choice cards 5-handed. Some nice options for games 5-handed.

1FA1FFE5-F8D1-4235-9449-229B8283D8F9.jpeg

What he's saying is use chips in place of the paper Monopoly money.

I meant use chips *for* Monopoly....

Oh, duh. Good idea!

All my peeps have the cash sets. I'll look into who has the proper breakdown. However, the Monopoly cash you see on the table is special. It's not normal Monopoly money. It's from my "Detroit Edition" game. It's Comerica Bank Monopoly money. So kinda, sorta special. :sneaky:

thumbnail.jpg

Oh, duh. Good idea!

All my peeps have the cash sets. I'll look into who has the proper breakdown. However, the Monopoly cash you see on the table is special. It's not normal Monopoly money. It's from my "Detroit Edition" game. It's Comerica Bank Monopoly money. So kinda, sorta special. :sneaky:

View attachment 164009
Sounds like a great theme for your next custom set -- Comerica Bank Detroit Edition Monopoly chips. They will be sorta special, too. :)(y) :thumbsup:

Monopoly with poker chips is the nuts. Easily speeds up the game by 50%. You could use the monopoly 500 bills and just find a chip set with 1-5-25-100 for all other denoms.

Chips really would speed up Monopoly. But what normally lengthens the game are some silly home rules (like tax in the middle, which is won by the player who hits free parking, and others).

But I would never play Monopoly with poker chips. Other than in poker it is not required by the official Monopoly rules nor the Official Tournament Rules to disclose to opponents how much cash you have.

So its much better to have one stack of money bills in your hand than easy-to-count chips stacks in front of you. On the contrary: dirty bill stacks are recommended, with a 500 bill under your 1s coming out as a rabbit out of the hat during an auction...

Last edited:
Then dad asks where that 500 came from, then your brother accuses you of pinching it from the bank while making change. Then dad says to knock it off, but you punch your brother for calling you a thief. You meant to catch him on the shoulder but you nick his nose when he flinches and now it's bleeding. Your dad yells at you and smacks you for making your bother bleed. You're crying while your brother is wailing and mom is trying to get the nose bleed the stop and dad just starts putting away the board. You were ahead too...

Last edited:
Sure, I have always played official rules since I entered a tournament at age 11.

But as for the disclosure of counts electronic banking Monopoly and computer forms of Monopoly do this for you so I would find using poker chips an acceptable variant in this vain.

Plus, huge upside in time saving may overwhelm what advantages are lost by having mystery cash stacks.

Then dad asks where that 500 came from, then your brother accuses you of pinching it from the bank while making change. Then dad says to knock it off, but you punch your brother for calling you a thief. You meant to catch him on the shoulder but you nick his nose when he flinches and now it's bleeding. Your dad yells at you and smacks you for making your bother bleed. You're crying while your brother is wailing and mom is trying to get the nose bleed the stop and dad just starts putting away the board. You were ahead too...

Lol, that is true, it always depends who you are playing with (or against).

It was at this time, that I realised that Wedge is my big brother.

...and you did to pinch that 500 from the bank - I saw you :rage:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom