For Sale Mirage ceramic tribute no mold 800 chips $220 meet in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Up for sale 800 Mirage no mold textured chip set.

Racks not included

Will only take cash and meet in Vegas for the chip convention next week. Claim in post and message me to set up the meeting.

200 $1
300 $5
200 $25
100 $100

1000001610.jpg

1000001609.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001609.jpg
    1000001609.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 59
Some problems with this ad:
  • For Sale ads are required to have a price listed.
  • Pretty confident these are NOT "Mirage" chips. They look like replica ceramics from China.
  • Not sure about the "only meet in person" clause. Never seen that here before. Maybe it's okay.
Please re-think or repost this ad in a way that is more accurate and follows forum guidelines.

Some problems with this ad:
  • For Sale ads are required to have a price listed.
  • Pretty confident these are NOT "Mirage" chips. They look like replica ceramics from China.
  • Not sure about the "only meet in person" clause. Never seen that here before. Maybe it's okay.
Please re-think or repost this ad in a way that is more accurate and follows forum guidelines.
I listed a price in the title

I specifically said they are Mirage no mold textured

I'm not seeing what I need to do different here? Many listings on this forum just say card mold or no mold and nothing about China at all.

I listed a price in the title

I specifically said they are Mirage no mold textured

I'm not seeing what I need to do different here? Many listings on this forum just say card mold or no mold and nothing about China at all.
You need to clearly state that they are replica chips. And yes, yours is not the only poorly written ad on PCF. There are way too many of them.

Kind of like selling a car and leaving out that it doesnt have a clean title. Not exactly wrong but not exactly being up front and thorough either. Then when you throw in “meeting at the chip convention” it gives even more authenticity to a chip that doesnt really deserve it….may have all been inadvertent but it should almost be required on here to list whether or not the chip is a china clay. To me the ad seems purposefully misleading when you ltake the time to list “no mold textured” chip but forget the” china clay” part that would actually help fully describe it. and is probably the most important part to mention.

Kind of like selling a car and leaving out that it doesnt have a clean title. Not exactly wrong but not exactly being up front and thorough either. Then when you throw in “meeting at the chip convention” it gives even more authenticity to a chip that doesnt really deserve it….may have all been inadvertent but it should almost be required on here to list whether or not the chip is a china clay. To me the ad seems purposefully misleading when you ltake the time to list “no mold textured” chip but forget the” china clay” part that would actually help fully describe it. and is probably the most important part to mention.
Well its not a china clay chip at all, so adding that would be useless. It's a tina ceramic textured no mold. He literally said everything except tina.

I didn't see anything wrong with the listing. Meeting in person seems like a great way to not get scammed all around. The buyer gets to see in person what they're buying, and no one has to worry about problems with shipping or payment.

Free bump. Glws

I think we have more than cleared up any confusion with the conversation we just had.

I am not certain why I was singled out on this
Honestly im into this a few years now and my first thought was that these were probably china clays but i have not spent a lot of time looking at china clays and with the wording you used and then mentioning the chip convention as a meeting place i thought they might be real deal (yes i was going to still check) but occasionally there will be someone dumping good chips and there is no good reason ever NOT to mention the word china clay if in fact you are selling china clays and i think everyone on this site knows that and i think you should have been called out on it. Not to say you might not be a great person but if you sell china clays that should ALWAYS be the lead in and also probably the first words in the listing title.

Honestly im into this a few years now and my first thought was that these were probably china clays but i have not spent a lot of time looking at china clays and with the wording you used and then mentioning the chip convention as a meeting place i thought they might be real deal (yes i was going to still check) but occasionally there will be someone dumping good chips and there is no good reason ever NOT to mention the word china clay if in fact you are selling china clays and i think everyone on this site knows that and i think you should have been called out on it. Not to say you might not be a great person but if you sell china clays that should ALWAYS be the lead in and also probably the first words in the listing title.
There you go - its a CERAMIC - then that should be the lead in

But these aren't China clays. And hardly anyone adds china to a no mold or card mold listing. In fact I doubt you'd even find one on here.

I can relist I'm just saying I did nothing different than many other posts and I am being singled out for whatever reason

I believe the proper response that has been developed here at PCF is “buyer beware, and if you buy these thinking they are the real thing then that’s on you dumbass”. I’m not paraphrasing, I think that’s the response word for word.

Reactions: JWC
There you go - its a CERAMIC - then that should be the lead in
The phrase "textured no mold" is indicating exactly what it is.

The price is indicating exactly what it is. The pictures show clearly what it is. Not sure what the problem is?

You think he's listing an 800ct of actual Mirage chips for $220??? $0.27per??

Use common sense.

Although it’s not necessary IMO, I’d just add Ceramic to the title and the OP, and I think you’re fine.

Also seems unnecessary to single out this one listing when lots of others use vague descriptions of the Tina chips.

I think we have more than cleared up any confusion with the conversation we just had.

I am not certain why I was singled out on this
You aren't being singled out. Don't be so sensitive. As someone who is a big fan of replica chips and own thousands of Tina's cards mold chips, I was simply offering some helpful advice before the real wolves on here come after you.

You aren't being singled out. Don't be so sensitive. As someone who is a big fan of replica chips and own thousands of Tina's cards mold chips, I was simply offering some helpful advice before the real wolves on here come after you.
I appreciate all the extra bumps

Pickup Only cash only option is weird for here since price isn't anything crazy and isn't anything crazy to package up. Don't have scammers on here just charge like $25 more and add shipping.

Pickup Only cash only option is weird for here since price isn't anything crazy and isn't anything crazy to package up. Don't have scammers on here just charge like $25 more and add shipping.
I don't want to put any more on my PayPal so cash is preferred

I'd have no problem shipping first to a quality member and doing a money order.

Cash in person is just easier and since many on here might be in Vegas next week why not.

You aren't being singled out. Don't be so sensitive.
lol okay man, you're right he is not being singled out and this is very hinged behavior:

He's
lol okay man, you're right he is not being singled out and this is very hinged behavior:
He's not being singled out, because I and others often comment on for sale adds that are less than clear or don't follow forum rules. I did miss that he listed the price in the title, but I still think it's best practices to put it in the body of the post also, as well as to make it as clear as possible when selling tribute and replica chips.

Yes, any experienced chipper would know instantly as I did that these are not genuine Mirage chips. And clearly this particular ad made no attempt to deceive anyone. But the guidelines aren't there to protect experienced chippers. They are there to protect new and inexperienced chippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom