Status
Not open for further replies.

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Not looking for anything specific or special here other than denominations and breakdown. Any cards mold set would do NCC etc.

Needing something starting with a dime or nickel. Nickel, quarter, dollar, fiver etc would work but I could work with dime, quarter etc.

Need it to be big enough for 1 full table. Wanting something to use for family gatherings or friendly social games.

Not looking to spend a fortune but I'm not unreasonable. Hit me up with what you have and maybe we can work a deal!

I don't have what you are looking for, but just a word of advice.

A set with nickels, would use quarters as the next denom.
A set with dimes, would use 50c as the next denom.

A set with dimes and quarters would make to bets that require very specific chips to match the bet, or to make change, which would make the game frustrating for most.

I don't have what you are looking for, but just a word of advice.

A set with nickels, would use quarters as the next denom.
A set with dimes, would use 50c as the next denom.

A set with dimes and quarters would make to bets that require very specific chips to match the bet, or to make change, which would make the game frustrating for most.
It's not really that big a deal. I have a set that is exactly that. dimes, quarters, dollars and fives. It's not ideal, and I would rather the set had nickels. But it doesn't and I like the chips. I've put it in play a couple times, and there were no issues. We play dime small blind / quarter big blind.

It not that hard to make change, want to make change for call a 20c bet, use 2 quarter and get 3 dime back

If the players is having trouble making simple calculation; they likely will have more troubles reading hands

It's not that hard, but it is not convenient at all. Imagine playing a $1/$2 game with dollars and snappers.

Yes, it's possible. Would it be fun? Depends on your idea of fun.

It's not that hard, but it is not convenient at all. Imagine playing a $1/$2 game with dollars and snappers.

Yes, it's possible. Would it be fun? Depends on your idea of fun.
That's not an equivalent analogy. It would be like playing a $2 / $5 game with $2s and $5s, and no $1s. So I don't see the issue. I promise you, the chips did not take away from the fun of playing one bit. Not a single person even mentioned that it was awkward or an odd setup.

That's not an equivalent analogy. It would be like playing a $2 / $5 game with $2s and $5s, and no $1s. So I don't see the issue. I promise you, the chips did not take away from the fun of playing one bit. Not a single person even mentioned that it was awkward or an odd setup.
2 players see the flop.

Bet $7.

Call with two $5 chips. There is $10 in the pot, Make change.

Yes, it depends on the group. Lots of people play games with dice chips or worse. And never complain. Doesn't make it ideal or optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom