Cash Game Micro cash chip breakdown and denominations (1 Viewer)

PartyClown

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hoping to get some guidance as I’m planning on placing a semi-custom DDLM set from brpropoker soon.

Right now our games are 0.05/.10 but I would like to have room to grow to .25/.25 and possibly .25/.50. Players range from 6-8 but if possible be able to cover up to a full table.

I’m looking to do around 600 chips, the breakdown I have set right now is:
.05-100
.25-200
1-200
5-80
25-25
I am no where near set on these number so I am open to making changes, just wanting to get something other than my dice chips.

Also if anyone wants to chime in on my very, very odd color progression please do (figure might as well go for it since doing custom anyway). Mostly looking for comments on any possible dirty stacks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 106
The breakdown looks ok to me, I’ll let other more knowledgeable cash game players confirm or disagree. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I did the yellow nickel for my set as well:
10D030EB-7363-43A5-8C7C-5B63525B30CF.jpeg

Also, since it’s a cash game and you’re doing semi-custom, I recommend using $20 chips instead of $25…it makes buying chips with $20 bills much easier.

Oh, and be sure to get a few extras of each denomination, in case one chips, breaks or goes missing.

The breakdown looks ok to me, I’ll let other more knowledgeable cash game players confirm or disagree. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I did the yellow nickel for my set as well:
View attachment 1019976

Also, since it’s a cash game and you’re doing semi-custom, I recommend using $20 chips instead of $25…it makes buying chips with $20 bills much easier.

Oh, and be sure to get a few extras of each denomination, in case one chips, breaks or goes missing.
Oh that is a really good point! I hadn’t even thought about the ease of buying in with a $20 bill. Also that .05 looks real good.
if you want to eventually spread 0.25/0.50, definitely gonna need 200-300x $5's.
Alright I’ll see if I can add more $5 to the set, do you think I need more $25s as well?

So typically for a $.25/$.50 we want
100 - $.25
200 - $1
200 - $5
80 - $20
20 - $100
It would be extremely rare to break that bank of $3,825 ...

If it was me, these chips are relatively cheap so if you add a rack of nickles and willing to go to 700 chips then you will be able to cover all 3 stakes mentioned in the OP.

BR Pro blanks are absolutely fantastic, I went for the Super Poker World chips that @rjdev7 designed and actually added on a couple times because I love them so much. I even went down to the penny, no idea I'd I ever get them in play, but have them! I built my set to cover two tables at multiple stakes
20220511_155034.jpg

I highly recommend their chips if budget minded, these are still acceptable with veteran chippers and honestly they feel amazing!

Good luck with the purchase!

Fellow chipper Ben

Hi everyone, hoping to get some guidance as I’m planning on placing a semi-custom DDLM set from brpropoker soon.

Right now our games are 0.05/.10 but I would like to have room to grow to .25/.25 and possibly .25/.50. Players range from 6-8 but if possible be able to cover up to a full table.

I’m looking to do around 600 chips, the breakdown I have set right now is:
.05-100
.25-200
1-200
5-80
25-25
I am no where near set on these number so I am open to making changes, just wanting to get something other than my dice chips.

Also if anyone wants to chime in on my very, very odd color progression please do (figure might as well go for it since doing custom anyway). Mostly looking for comments on any possible dirty stacks.

You ought NOT do a white 5, white should ONLY be used for 1s and 100s. Can you? of course, but you'll find it confuses a lot of players, I've found it tripping myself up when used as a non 1 or 100.

I would suggest an orange 5.

My preference would be
60 x .5
60 x .25
200 x 1
200 x 5
60 x 20
20 x 100

You ought NOT do a white 5, white should ONLY be used for 1s and 100s. Can you? of course, but you'll find it confuses a lot of players, I've found it tripping myself up when used as a non 1 or 100.

I would suggest an orange 5.

My preference would be
60 x .5
60 x .25
200 x 1
200 x 5
60 x 20
20 x 100
I will take that under advisement about the white chip. Most of my decision making on denomination progression has been weighing artwork vs color, and I don’t particularly care for the orange chips artwork.

But I will revisit it and see how it looks if I move the white to the $1, I guess I could always cut out the white chip as well.
100 - $.25
200 - $1
200 - $5
80 - $20
20 - $100

If it was me, these chips are relatively cheap so if you add a rack of nickles and willing to go to 700 chips then you will be able to cover all 3 stakes mentioned in the OP.

BR Pro blanks are absolutely fantastic, I went for the Super Poker World chips that @rjdev7 designed and actually added on a couple times because I love them so much. I even went down to the penny, no idea I'd I ever get them in play, but have them! I built my set to cover two tables at multiple stakes
View attachment 1020005
I highly recommend their chips if budget minded, these are still acceptable with veteran chippers and honestly they feel amazing!

Good luck with the purchase!

Fellow chipper Ben
That set is absolutely gorgeous. I am extremely jealous of it! I plan on getting in on one if there is another group buy of them.

There's a different range of workhorse chips between 0.05/0.10 and 0.25/0.50. Make sure you have 2 racks each of $0.25, $1, and $5. 1 rack of nickels and 1 rack of $20/25 should be enough to balance out most games.
Let us know if your stakes ever climb to $2/$5 or $5/$10 pr higher, cuz then you'll need MOAR CHIPES!

I learned over time that you don't need as much of the lower denoms as you might think, they just end up flooding the table and no one (at least none of my players anyway) uses them throughout the night.

We play 0.25/0.50 often and I used to give players an entire barrel of 0.25s in their starting stack and that was overkill, I now only give 12x0.25 ($3).

You could get away with this for an even 500 chips (supports up to 9 players for 0.25/0.50 blinds with $50 buy in):
0.25 x 125
$1 x 200
$5 x 150
$25 x 25 (may not even need these at all)
$100 x 0 (at your stakes you'll probably never need these)

Starting stack might be like this:
0.25 x 12 = $3
$1 x 22 = $22
$5 x 5 = $25 (or less of this if you buy in less than $50)

Maybe if your friends are all new to the game they prefer betting in the lowest denoms, which was the same when I first introduced poker to my friends, but now they're all comfortable using the workhorse chips ($1) as they've learned to raise or bet larger. I think your friends will also adapt over time.

I would also personally skip the micro stakes 5c/10c games if you believe you'll move to 0.25/0.50 soon, the semi-custom chips you'll buy would cost more than the micro stakes you play at! But that's just my preference.

You could get away with this for an even 500 chips (supports up to 9 players for 0.25/0.50 blinds with $50 buy in):
0.25 x 125
$1 x 200
$5 x 150
$25 x 25 (may not even need these at all)
$100 x 0 (at your stakes you'll probably never need these)
If I did my math right, for 9 players, this would allow each player an initial $50 buy-in and 2.6 more rebuys. So given the betting structure, will you and each of your players be needing more than 2.6 rebuys?

I’ve seen some posts that recommend planning on a table of 10 with 5 total buy-ins. But would that vary if it were micro stakes vs small/mid stakes?

Thoughts on what you should plan for?

100 - $.25
200 - $1
200 - $5
80 - $20
20 - $100
Agree! That’s a good bank for 10 people with at least five $50 buy-ins for each person.

It took me a while to make the connection between the size of bank needed to support x-number of players. From there, I breakdown all my chips into an initial buy-in and the rest into rebuys. Is this how you determine the total chips needed?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom