Matsui Zen (2 Viewers)

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
So I want to preface all this by saying that I didn't think this was possible. When I first joined the other big blue forum I saw a group buy for Matsui Zens dating all the way back to 2006 when it was first conceptualized. I had only started the chip scene last October, and all I wanted was Zens.

It was only when I started inquiring about purchasing them second hand did I realize how hard, and how expensive it was to do so. I was convinced by my wife and a few friends to drop the dream and try to build my own custom set with CPC. Forum people also agreed; they said that Matsui chips were too slippery, hard to handle, and were overall poor caliber of playing chips.

Still I wanted them, but I decided to let the dream go.

Over the last few months a few strings of miracles happen. I noticed an eBay auction of Zen plaques going for sale. I contacted the seller who was part of the original GB and he was willing to release all of his remaining set (500 chips). I posted a note in the forums consistently over the last month and I was approached by two other people selling bits and pieces, odds and ends of a set. Over the last weekend, I purchased 10 plaques from a PCFer and finally completed the set.

Only in PCF and with chipper enthusiasts like you can a dream like this be realized. I know people hate Matsui, but I loved them. I spent way too much on these chips, but they ARE a dream realized.

I do want to thank a few people for helping me put these together. Without you guys holding on to them for nearly a decade I wouldn't have had a chance.

Fish72s
Bobb59
Liftapint
Dwight87

PS: My dream isn't finished. There are a few more surprises in store that involve ... chanman and possible J5. Who knows what the future holds?

20150731_130345.jpg
20150731_130359.jpg
20150731_130430.jpg

excellent set and good job persevering to put together your dream set! Matsui makes some of the most beautiful chips out there imo.

My first MTT set. I loved them, I had more than 1200 chips, I can tell you that the chips Bobb59 sold you came from my set. It took me almost 3 years to build it. I sold it to buy a BCC GCOP set.

Enjoy !

Very pretty set! Not my personal cup of tea, but I do appreciate them for what they are. Matsui makes some damn fine-looking products (chips and plaques), and the Zen artwork is top-notch.

Nice to see a dream come true -- kudos and congrats!

Congrats!

That feeling sounds too familiar. I’m pretty sure a other collectors have had that feeling before… the dream set, finally achieved.

For myself, ever since I handled and shuffled a barrel of the original Paulson Indian Chiefs ($500 Geronimos), purchased on eBay on a whim, I knew that I wanted it. I just loved that giant inlay.

It took me 6-7 years, and I had almost given up, before I finally completed that set earlier this year, and then it was scrounging a few pieces here, a few pieces there. Still looking to add more.

Congrats again. Glad to see the plaques go to a home where they will be highly appreciated and cared for. Best of luck with your awesome set!

Congrats! It always feels great to obtain something you never thought you could. I've always liked these chips. I hope you always run good when you put them in play!

Congrats! The Zens chips and plaques were among the chip sets that I fell in love with when I first joined the chip community back in 2006. Gorgeous chips, and for you, a dream come true. :)

I changed my mind. Can I have my Zen's back.
Just kidding. Glad you like them.

Truth is that if you hadn't bought them CPS would have come and removed them from my custody.
(That's Chip Protective Services if you weren't aware of them.)

I too love Matsuis, but It's a dream I won't pursue unless I stumble upon an insane amount of money. IMO they are 2nd only to TRKS. What they lack in stackability, they make up for in looks and plaques.

If you ever attend a PCF meetup, you absolutely must bring these along.

I too love Matsuis, but It's a dream I won't pursue unless I stumble upon an insane amount of money. IMO they are 2nd only to TRKS. What they lack in stackability, they make up for in looks and plaques.

I would have but I......oh, you aren't talking to me.....

I changed my mind. Can I have my Zen's back.
Just kidding. Glad you like them.

Truth is that if you hadn't bought them CPS would have come and removed them from my custody.
(That's Chip Protective Services if you weren't aware of them.)

Bwaha. My wife tells me I'm too addicted to them, but agrees they're absolutely gorgeous. :p Thanks for selling them to me. You sold them at the most reasonable price as well, which I appreciated.

Thanks man. I most definitely will!

I can't believe how quickly you put this together. I would have thought it would take years to find enough people giving up chips to get a set of zens this nice. Great job!

I played my first game with my Zens last Saturday night with a group of friends and family. I kid you not (as unbelievable as this story might sound), I was dealt a royal flush holding the :ah::kh:, and the flop went :qh::jh::th:.

I've never seen, let alone been dealt a royal before. It was the most awesome feeling.

I played my first game with my Zens last Saturday night with a group of friends and family. I kid you not (as unbelievable as this story might sound), I was dealt a royal flush holding the :ah::kh:, and the flop went :qh::jh::th:.

I've never seen, let alone been dealt a royal before. It was the most awesome feeling.

OK, then, I guess I gotta get me some Zens...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom