Matsui World Poker Series Labels - order / interest (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxB

Full House
Reaction score
So here's my backstory. I always wanted a set of Matsui chips. I had thought about making a set, but they don't come up very often for sale, and doing customs is expensive in small quantities. Then World Poker Series group buy happens, and I order a small amount. Love them when they arrive, and go hunting to make a big set. My tourney set was going to be T100's to T1000's with a handful of T5000's. After getting those, I continue to get more and more including T25's. I love the James Bond swirl T25k's so I get a bunch more of those. Then I get the idea of making a "high rollers" tourney set. That requires T100k's, so the hunt for a relabel chip begins. I dislike the T5's as the blue clashes with all the other colors, so those become the Bounty chips (when I relabel them). Then a miracle .... a Matsui cash set group buy comes up with beautiful white moon $100's.... the perfect T100k. I then dump the rest of my tourney BTPs as they never got used :( and I order $100 Matsui's along with some crazy orange $5 chips for all in's and my set is complete.... sort of. After watching lots of poker on TV and online, I realize I was a much higher roller set. That means T500k's (and maybe T1M). Now I need a chip for that. Seeing pics of the purple $25, that becomes my target. BOOM! group buy #2 with purple $20's ... perfect. So how to finish the set? Labels. I contact J5 since he owns the design and we work out some new labels.... T100k, T500k, Bounty, All In, Rebuy, and seating chips. Here they are (I am thrilled with the results as they came out great):

final_labels.jpg

So the mockups are using what I am going to use (though I may switch the white T100k and purple T500k ... not sure yet). The Horseshoe logo is for the non-denom chips, however since the all-in chip will be played on the table, I had it match the other denoms.

If anyone is interested in ordering labels, now is the time to speak up. Pricing is not set yet but they are labels and won't break the bank (chips not included) :)

Thanks! I'd be down for:

Bounty: 80

Last edited:
my order (# labels .... remember two labels per chip).... sets are (1 to 10) x 2

T100k: 230
T500k: 160
Bounty: 140
Rebuy: 180
All In: 50
seating: 2 sets

I'm assuming these are laminated? If so, my order:
40x Rebuy labels
20x Bounty labels
2 sets of seating chip labels (1-10)

Should total 100 labels.

Is there a thread on replacing these labels? Or do you just apply over the existing?

Is there a thread on replacing these labels? Or do you just apply over the existing?

Someone somewhere posted a picture of the chip with the label removed. There's a little indentation, so possible a thin label will work, but its risky that spinners might happen

Just get a blade or pin under the label and it comes off in one go with no residue left behind to clean. It has such a thick laminate that it's easy to remove but there is not much of a recess for you to label over unless you use un-laminated labels (not even sure if these would work).

IMG_2716.jpg

I am reasonably convinced that you can put an unlaminated label on a Matsui without removing the original label and it will be fine. It ends up exactly flush with the plastic surface.

I would like 40 bounty labels and 1 set of seating labels. Thanks!

Last edited:
I missed this the first go around. Really like the idea of a high roller set. I am I’ll prepared to be involved in this as I was not involved in the cash group buy so I don’t have the chips to put them on. Maybe I can buy some labels with the hope that some come out.

Couple of questions:
  1. Sorry if I missed it, but who will you be ordering labels from?
  2. Dangerous topic - but what are the artwork fees involved. Just trying to get a sense of label cost
  3. Do you have a breakdown of your high roller set? I have gotten reasonably comfortable with @BGinGA approved 1-2 table T10k breakdowns, but my head starts to hurt when I am thinking about higher denim breakdowns
This is a dangerous road to go down, but figured I ask. My guess is I wouldn’t be able to get things lined up in time.

1) Gear will be doing the labels
2) waiting to hear back on the cost .... won't be a lot. Figure regular cost of Gear labels + some for J5 artwork
3) yes, my breakdown is:

High Roller 10 player: 20/16/16 for 1k/5k/25k T500k
20 players: 10/8/8 for T250k
Super High Roller 10 player: 15/17/5 for 5k/25k/100k T1M
Ultra High Roller 10 player: 20/10/7 for 25k/100k/500k T5M

I have 230 T1k chips, 190 T5k chips, 195 T25k chips (hopefully another 20 coming), 115 T100k chips and 100 T500k chips

The label files will be with Gear, so I am pretty sure you will be able to order anytime.

bump .... we are looking into ways to break down cost, but would love to get a total label amount for an initial order. If anyone else is interested, please post on here.

Thanks!

bump .... we are looking into ways to break down cost, but would love to get a total label amount for an initial order. If anyone else is interested, please post on here.

Thanks!
What do you have so far? How much is the cost with the numbers we have now?

we have a good 1200+ labels so far. Cost hasn't been given by J5 yet, but it won't be a ton for the smaller orders (I have the big order). He wants to see around how many in the first wave before setting a price (probably per label).

Also anyone that wants another label design made, let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom