Matsui racks round 2 (1 Viewer)

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
There's been a very high demand for more Matsui racks, so I will go ahead with another order providing there's enough interest. Normally I would just go ahead and pull the trigger, but since Apache is selling some 43mm racks for $3/ea, I wonder if there's enough interest in more Matsui racks which are $5 each and have to ship from Canada. So, post your interest and if there's more than 500 racks ordered, I'll go ahead and put in an order.

Please note that when I receive the racks from Matsui, that I will be taking my time with the redistribution. Last time I rushed it a little wanting to get them out to everyone as fast as possible and ended up making some mistakes and mixing up some orders. Birdcages that fit 10 Matsui racks may or may not be offered, Canada Post / USPS treat the boxes like soccer balls,, then don't provide any coverage since apparently Canada Post considers them "fragile items" which they do not insure. Other shippers like DHL can ship them, but it costs more.

$5 USD per rack, + shipping anywhere in the world.

For someone that is new to these matters, what is so special about Matsui racks? Are they clearly better than regular racks, and why?

Put me down for 20 please, thanks. Depending on price I might ship with DHL?

For someone that is new to these matters, what is so special about Matsui racks? Are they clearly better than regular racks, and why?
They stack and fully encase the chip, so some people prefer them for long term storage or the aesthetics of displaying it. Identical tray and lid. It also holds 39 and 43mm chips, though 39 mm chips can roll back and forth.

It is universally recognized as a thinner rack that doesn’t travel/move as safely as conventional racks, but displays chips very well.

In for at least 20

I need to hedge my bets with Apache's offering; they could be inferior in some way, and then I'd be quite the sad bear that I missed a Matsui offering. I'll probably increase this, but for now, 20.

Last edited:
Have you any idea what the shipping would be for racks to Sweden? Just a rough estimate would do.
Please PM me your city and postal code and I'll get you a quote. Just the country isn't enough to get an estimate. Thx.

For the last buy, I just grabbed whatever box would fit the racks ordered, then quote it out since we don't have flat rate boxes that go to the US. I did try to arrange the racks so that they would be most optimized in the box I chose, but I didn't factor in the dimensions to get the cheapest possible rate. That would just take too long and I re-use old boxes for shipping because I'm an avid recycler. It might look cheap, but a box is a box, no need to waste.

Any chance at the larger matsui racks?

Depends on shipping. The regular sized racks come in pre-packaged giant boxes, so adding on anything else would require another box which might put the order over the 1 CBM shipping quota. Let me know how many you want and I can ask. I might be getting a few more things from Matsui myself, such as some custom plaques.

Depends on shipping. The regular sized racks come in pre-packaged giant boxes, so adding on anything else would require another box which might put the order over the 1 CBM shipping quota. Let me know how many you want and I can ask. I might be getting a few more things from Matsui myself, such as some custom plaques.

I'd love some of the larger racks too. I need to count how many I'd need, but I think it's only about 4 or 5.

Well we're only at 230 orders so far, not even halfway yet. Might be a while before we get up to the 500 mark if we do at all especially with Apache's racks which are cheaper.

If I can't get enough numbers for the order, then I might just bail on it and then buy a bunch of Apache's for the Canadian contingent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom