Making My race track less slippery? (1 Viewer)

Badgerkc133

Reaction score
I recently made my own poker table which features a wooden race track, and was treated with polyurethane with a couple layers of polish. After playing on it, it was clear that lifting your cards off of the race track was really difficult.

I’m wondering if there are any methods or products that could be used to make the wood more grippy and easier to play on?

Including some pictures for visual reference. And thanks in advance for anyone commenting!

Attachments

• 193922F2-2037-4ACB-99FC-E83CC402EFE4.jpeg
    193922F2-2037-4ACB-99FC-E83CC402EFE4.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 2101C511-BE8E-4235-9478-E3594E1D8DF2.jpeg
    2101C511-BE8E-4235-9478-E3594E1D8DF2.jpeg
    942.7 KB · Views: 107
I recently made my own poker table which features a wooden race track, and was treated with polyurethane with a couple layers of polish. After playing on it, it was clear that lifting your cards off of the race track was really difficult.

I’m wondering if there are any methods or products that could be used to make the wood more grippy and easier to play on?

Including some pictures for visual reference. And thanks in advance for anyone commenting!
If there’s any way to raise the racetrack or lower the felt so they are nearly flush it would solve your problem.

If there is still some grain you could rub the Wood with some steel wool for some texture. Tru-Oil is a gun stock finish that you can buy at any gun or guitar store that could be applied and then buffed with steel wool and then a smooth rag progressively with layers that will provide some tack and texture also. This assumes it is actually wood and not vineer.

If there is still some grain you could rub the Wood with some steel wool for some texture. Tru-Oil is a gun stock finish that you can buy at any gun or guitar store that could be applied and then buffed with steel wool and then a smooth rag progressively with layers that will provide some tack and texture also. This assumes it is actually wood and not vineer.
Yes, it is authentic wood. I’ll look into this. Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom