Wanted LOTS of Paulson Chips to relabel. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcesUp907

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, I am trying to figure out if building a set of Paulsons is doable to the these specifications. I have been wrapping my head around all kinds of ideas. CPCs, used CPCs, Custom CC, my brain cant handle it anymore lol.

Im looking to accumulate a 3000-4000 piece set. I know this is a lot of chips. I need a lot of chips for a nightly game and more chips equals less wear and tear over the long haul. My goal is build a set that looks Good & Matches that I can relabel to my custom design. I currently have a Classic Paulson set of about 2700 chips that I am looking to sell or repurpose if possible.

Chips that I would like to sell & replace with something different.
~1300 $5 chips - I am not a big fan of the dark red color and they are worn. I would be looking to get 2000+ Red chips that are in good condition to replace $5s.
~340 $1 chips - little more worn than the $5s. I would be looking to get 400 White Chips that are in good condition to replace $1s

The $25s (600) , $100s (300), & $500s (200) chips are in good condition and I can see myself keeping these and relabeling if they were to fit the build/color scheme.
This being said, I would like 200 more $25s & 100 more $100s

Is it possible to find 2000+ newer reds?
Whats your opinion on this idea? Will the colors be easily mixed with different sets?
I am open to other ideas except to ceramics, I own some and they are not what I'm looking for.
Looking for guidance and help!

Thank YOU in ADVANCE!!
B8260201-ACD6-4C3E-AC14-D40E5C592EDA.jpeg

3000+ paulsons is gonna cost you, regardless of what you buy. And you'll have to buy multiple sets to get to where you want. However it should be achievable with time and cash. I would recommend going for one of the newer big chiproom offerings as they all had several hundred thousand chips that were sold to the community here. Horseshoe cleveland, Cinci or Southern Indiana, Jack Detroit or Cinci, Indiana grands... All examples of a sale on PCF with a lot of chips sold and that happened relatively recently.

Another issue is if you go with any of those is the fact that if you keep $25+, you'll end up with different molds and pretty different feel. The classics and modern RHCs are quite different imo. If I were to do this myself, I'd change out all of my classics to end up with a matching set. If you wanna relabel with a personal label I'd still want to go only with the same mold (rhc most likely) but it makes it a bit more flexible to get the chips you want.

Either way if you wanna buy 2000 $5s I'm sure you're gonna have to buy a bunch of different sets and reselling the chips you don't need and you're gonna need a lot of time and money. I don't think you'll be able to find even half of those 5s from one buyer, and I'm 99% sure you won't be able to get only that denom.

I suspect the only way you can get that quantity of Paulson chips is multiple buys of chips from one of the recent Chiproom sales.

IG primary $1. Most are in Excellent to barely used condition. Be easy to find 400 of these at about $200 or less a rack. Here is 300 right here, and I have a rack I'll sell you. 400 chips - done.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ig-primary-racks.99185/

img_20230102_104907-jpg.1051309

The IG grand secondary $5s would also be a good fit with these. Might take a while and will cost more money, but you could probably locate 2000 eventually.

20221219_121514-jpg.1043705

Other recent large chips sales would include Jack Cinci, Horseshoe Indiana and a few others. Just look through all of Jim's recent sale posts and fins what you like. 200 $5 chips won't be easy or fast, but it's doable.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/the-chip-room.21/

I know Ill probably catch a lot of flack for this but this also came to mind. I bought these cheap Monaco chips for a side game, 13.5G and for whatever reason people seem to like them. I could relabel these and they go for about 23cents a piece. Putting me at about 50 cents a piece.

monaco_25c-100000_chips.jpg

3000+ paulsons is gonna cost you, regardless of what you buy. And you'll have to buy multiple sets to get to where you want. However it should be achievable with time and cash. I would recommend going for one of the newer big chiproom offerings as they all had several hundred thousand chips that were sold to the community here. Horseshoe cleveland, Cinci or Southern Indiana, Jack Detroit or Cinci, Indiana grands... All examples of a sale on PCF with a lot of chips sold and that happened relatively recently.

Another issue is if you go with any of those is the fact that if you keep $25+, you'll end up with different molds and pretty different feel. The classics and modern RHCs are quite different imo. If I were to do this myself, I'd change out all of my classics to end up with a matching set. If you wanna relabel with a personal label I'd still want to go only with the same mold (rhc most likely) but it makes it a bit more flexible to get the chips you want.

Either way if you wanna buy 2000 $5s I'm sure you're gonna have to buy a bunch of different sets and reselling the chips you don't need and you're gonna need a lot of time and money. I don't think you'll be able to find even half of those 5s from one buyer, and I'm 99% sure you won't be able to get only that denom.
Its so overwhelming.

I suspect the only way you can get that quantity of Paulson chips is multiple buys of chips from one of the recent Chiproom sales.

IG primary $1. Most are in Excellent to barely used condition. Be easy to find 400 of these at about $200 or less a rack. Here is 300 right here, and I have a rack I'll sell you. 400 chips - done.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ig-primary-racks.99185/

img_20230102_104907-jpg.1051309

The IG grand secondary $5s would also be a good fit with these. Might take a while and will cost more money, but you could probably locate 2000 eventually.

20221219_121514-jpg.1043705

Other recent large chips sales would include Jack Cinci, Horseshoe Indiana and a few others. Just look through all of Jim's recent sale posts and fins what you like. 200 $5 chips won't be easy or fast, but it's doable.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/the-chip-room.21/
These chips are awesome looking. I could easily see these in my set. Marius says classics have a diff feal and would be better to change the whole set :cry:

These chips are awesome looking. I could easily see these in my set. Marius says classics have a diff feal and would be better to change the whole set :cry:
A good advice before you spend several thousand dollars on what you think you want is to get some sample barrels of chips you think might fit. When you have them in hand you'll likely know if it will work for you or not. Finding a barrel or rack of modern RHC $1s or $5 should be easy quick and relatively cheap, and having them in hand will make you realize if you wanna pursue 3000more. And also if you'd be happy with mixing them with the classics high denoms. At least to me the difference in feeling is very evident, but it might not bother you or others. Honestly we are pretty perfectionist over here, so if you have a more practical approach you can probably do good with either of the cheaper options you've mentioned like the injection molded Monaco plastics you posted a picture of above. But before you decide you should also buy a handful of them to see how you like the feel!

The most common starter advice around here is: "get samples", and it seems to be the way to go for you as well. To make it easier for you to know what you want. I absolutely understand the feeling of being overwhelmed..

A good advice before you spend several thousand dollars on what you think you want is to get some sample barrels of chips you think might fit. When you have them in hand you'll likely know if it will work for you or not. Finding a barrel or rack of modern RHC $1s or $5 should be easy quick and relatively cheap, and having them in hand will make you realize if you wanna pursue 3000more. And also if you'd be happy with mixing them with the classics high denoms. At least to me the difference in feeling is very evident, but it might not bother you or others. Honestly we are pretty perfectionist over here, so if you have a more practical approach you can probably do good with either of the cheaper options you've mentioned like the injection molded Monaco plastics you posted a picture of above. But before you decide you should also buy a handful of them to see how you like the feel!

The most common starter advice around here is: "get samples", and it seems to be the way to go for you as well. To make it easier for you to know what you want. I absolutely understand the feeling of being overwhelmed..
Thank you! Samples are key in this process for sure. I already owned some of the Monaco‘s, so I guess I could test out the labeling and see if I like them enough. The one thing I don’t like about buying Paulsons is the fact that not, everyone appreciates them as much as us and sometimes treat the chips like crap or take some home because I think they are cool. I’ll be taking my time in this process.

Personally, I would never mix molds (exception being THC with IHC). Definitely get samples to find out if it’s acceptable to you.

I don’t think it’ll be easy to sell 1300 well (?) used paulson classics

I know Ill probably catch a lot of flack for this but this also came to mind. I bought these cheap Monaco chips for a side game, 13.5G and for whatever reason people seem to like them. I could relabel these and they go for about 23cents a piece. Putting me at about 50 cents a piece.

View attachment 1073394
These Monaco chips, Poker Knights, and Claysmith 12 stripes are all pretty decent sluggos at under 25 cents each. Definitely viable options if you and your group are happy with them. I know there are some cardrooms that use the 12 stripes. Lucky Horseshoes aren't bad either and have surprisingly sharp corners for an injected mold chip. I have some samples I could send you if you want to handle a few.

These Monaco chips, Poker Knights, and Claysmith 12 stripes are all pretty decent sluggos at under 25 cents each. Definitely viable options if you and your group are happy with them. I know there are some cardrooms that use the 12 stripes. Lucky Horseshoes aren't bad either and have surprisingly sharp corners for an injected mold chip. I have some samples I could send you if you want to handle a few.
Thanks for all the help. Ill need a few days to think on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom