Cancelled Looking to Build: Small Mixed Set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooneypenny

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
PCF -
I’m looking to build a small mixed set and could use sorme perspective and help.

The set, as I see it (.25, $1, and $5) will revolve around the Sam’s Town $1 and/or the Silver Star $1. While I have a soft spot for the hot pink Railroad Pass .25s, the yellow El Cortez .25s could also be lovely. As for the $5, I’m totally open for recos... maybe it’s yellow if I go Railroad, or maybe it’s black if I go Cortez???

Either way, I’m a blank slate and looking for suggestions and quantities across all three denominations. If you have any of the aforementioned chips in minty/minty-adjacent quantity, please PM me and let’s make it worth your time.

Mooneypenny

I got rack of 25cent stardust think they were from group buy

Attachments

• F3A69463-7406-4EFC-9745-8890CFA0A7B2.jpeg
    F3A69463-7406-4EFC-9745-8890CFA0A7B2.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 94
From the looks of it you are looking to build a mixed Hot stamp set. If so it is next to impossible to find yellow $5’s so you almost locked into going a yellow frac. I tried the hot pint franc route and didn’t have luck so I switch gears.

Best of luck in search! This is what I ended up doing with some help of course:tup:
1601731015914.jpeg

From the looks of it you are looking to build a mixed Hot stamp set. If so it is next to impossible to find yellow $5’s so you almost locked into going a yellow frac. I tried the hot pint franc route and didn’t have luck so I switch gears.

Best of luck in search! This is what I ended up doing with some help of course:tup:
View attachment 545734
Ohhh, now this is nice, and close to what I’m envisioning!

I’ve taken so many screenshots of community pr0n in the past couple of days that I’ve lost track of who reference if including those shots for discussion. Do you think that’s a problem - the nameless inclusion that is, not my lack of short-term memory???

I’ve taken so many screenshots of community pr0n in the past couple of days that I’ve lost track of who reference if including those shots for discussion. Do you think that’s a problem - the nameless inclusion that is, not my lack of short-term memory???

Using the bookmark tool and appropriately naming/labeling it does wonders in this regard.

So, after a great deal of poking around I’m feeling pretty solid about a Semi-Mixed Set vs a Mixed Set... I mean it’s hard to beat the Trop $25 (played as .25) and the Trop $5 when paired with either the Silver Star $1 or the Claim Stake $1!

B368D349-6BC0-4524-AAC8-6F56854FF480.jpeg

The Crystal Palace $5 or the Antique Rose Cardroom $5 would get me to fully-mixed, but I question the availability to complete a full rack.

If you’re currently feeling heavy on the Trops, the Silver Star $1s, and/or the Claim Stake $1s gimme a yell and let’s talk.

I had just defaulted to .25s. but could be open to .50s if I found something as pretty as those Trop $25s. Whatcha thinkin?

I can't get my head around using a $25 as $0.25, unless I'm also using $100 as $1, and $500 as $5. But that's my problem, LOL.

I'd look for yellow fracs ($0.25 or $0.50) instead. But that's just me.

After some significant research, evaluation, and overthinking, I’ve narrowed my semi-mixed hot stamp set to:
Golden Gate .25s (primary)
Sam’s Town .25s (secondary)
California Hotel $1s (primary)
Silver Star $1s (secondary)
Tropicana $5s
Tropicana $25s

If you’re currently sitting on any of these that you’d be willing to part with, please drop me a PM, and we’ll work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom