Looking for a 1000 chip wooden box (1 Viewer)

Saoliver

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I am hoping you all can help. I am looking for a 1000 chip wooden box. Something classy. I am hoping that it can hold 10 racks, or comes with removable wooden racks. It could even be a wooden box repurposed to hold 10 chip racks, 2 decks of cards and some dealer buttons.

Anything out there like this? I am not having any luck finding this.

Thanks.

@Mr Tree who made yours?
@T_Chan naturally. Highly recommended.

4D096EA9-19DC-47B1-B7E0-D2E91614F5A1.jpeg
79A3567B-23F2-4508-8306-B6ACA7C63309.jpeg
1D15A3E3-E418-437A-8F5B-A55A2BED6F9D.jpeg
4520AC94-AB49-4CF0-B6EC-871792BFEC08.jpeg

Good to know @Moxie Mike, I’ve actually been searching the site trying to figure out what you sold. Then just figured it was a badge error.

I'm not sure if this was directed at me but we're finalizing pricing on our standardized offerings, which should be established by the end of March. Custom products are always quoted as a one-off.

Honestly don’t know where to start? Just wonder estimation not an exact quote.

I'm not sure if this was directed at me but we're finalizing pricing on our standardized offerings, which should be established by the end of March. Custom products are always quoted as a one-off.
Mike, I am very interested to see your standardized offerings as well. Exciting stuff.

What’s the price for something like this?
I can't speak to the pricing of either vendor responding in this thread, but high-end wood storage cases have historically ran between $300 and $500 each. ASM used to make some fantastic presentation cases in cherry.

I can't speak to the pricing of either vendor responding in this thread, but high-end wood storage cases have historically ran between $300 and $500 each. ASM used to make some fantastic presentation cases in cherry.

Do you know if these were American made or built using hardwood materials?

I'd be interested in know if anyone here has ever owned one and what their impressions were.

Quite a few chippers bought these or the smaller versions.

screen-shot-2017-04-03-at-5-00-51-pm-png.91602

You should be able to find a number of threads about them (with pics) by searching on "presentation case".

Quite a few chippers bought these or the smaller versions.

screen-shot-2017-04-03-at-5-00-51-pm-png.91602

You should be able to find a number of threads about them (with pics) by searching on "presentation case".
Yeah...that is more of what I am looking for. I can find 750 boxes, but not 1000. I know @abby99 has/had this, and many others.

I looked around PCF as well as the web... I'd never heard of a cabinet referred to as a 'presentation case'.

The product description implies that they were pretty well built but I'm surprised to hear they were popular with chippers considering their low storage volume.

I'd also be interested to learn what type of production numbers they were manufactured in. From my research when I first began considering this project, I found that about 80% of people who buy poker chips spend less than $100 for for their 500 chip sets.

about 80% of people who buy poker chips spend less than $100 for for their 500 chip sets.
Won't find many of those folks here. I'd wager 80% here have spent more than $500 for at least one of their 500-chip sets, and most people have multiple sets (some much larger).

Tony

Any ETA on this version?

These are custom built for each customers. I'm not making them as a standard model. Each order would have their own individual timeline. I have to admit, chip boxes don't get done quickly.

Yeah...that is more of what I am looking for. I can find 750 boxes, but not 1000. I know @abby99 has/had this, and many others.

Actually, I have two 1000-capacity cases, both cherry, both purchased from ASM. I posted a few photos of the engraved case here. The quality is superb. It's been a long time, but I recall something about being made by an individual and were not mass-produced.

The description and photo of Sidepot's case is identical to the ones I purchased from ASM. My guess is that they came from the same source.

I looked around PCF as well as the web... I'd never heard of a cabinet referred to as a 'presentation case'.

The product description implies that they were pretty well built but I'm surprised to hear they were popular with chippers considering their low storage volume.

I'd also be interested to learn what type of production numbers they were manufactured in. From my research when I first began considering this project, I found that about 80% of people who buy poker chips spend less than $100 for for their 500 chip sets.

Interesting -- I've always seen chip storage boxes like this referred to as cases, not as cabinets. Could be a regional thing???

Interesting -- I've always seen chip storage boxes like this referred to as cases, not as cabinets. Could be a regional thing???

I think you used the optimal word here @abby99 - 'storage'. To me, a case is something that stores and transports something... not necessarily an item left out for display. Whereas 'kitchen cabinets', 'curio cabinets', 'medicine cabinets', 'poker chip cabinets'... all sort of have the implication that they're meant to be out in the open.

To me, a case is something that stores and transports something... not necessarily an item left out for display.
And I think that's where 'presentation case' makes the distinction. Clearly, it's for storage/display and not transport.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom