Wanted Looking for 1990s Binions WSOP T500 and T5000 THC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking for 1990s Binions NCV chips 500 and 5000. Let me know if any for sale

1000000189.png

1000000190.png

Finding just one of each is an accomplishment. They both sell for hundreds of dollars. I have a sample set, but it's not for sale. Patience is required to find just one. But if you are hoping to track either chip down in quantity, you should start making other plans.

Yes, WW relabeled Casablanca $500s to turn into the T5000s. I bought my barrel from him.

These are mine below. Good luck with the hunt! They're pretty great chips.

IMG_20190702_191447.jpg
20240206_001038.jpg

Finding just one of each is an accomplishment. They both sell for hundreds of dollars. I have a sample set, but it's not for sale. Patience is required to find just one. But if you are hoping to track either chip down in quantity, you should start making other plans.

Yes, WW relabeled Casablanca $500s to turn into the T5000s. I bought my barrel from him.

These are mine below. Good luck with the hunt! They're pretty great chips.

View attachment 1268136View attachment 1268137
What you value the T500 T1000 and T5000 at individually?

They're real and they're spectacular.

Had all but the $5000. I sold mine a couple of years ago.

What you value the T500 T1000 and T5000 at individually?

I don't know. I haven't kept tabs on them in recent years. But I know prior to the pandemic, the T500 and T5000 were fetching a few hundred dollars each. I wouldn't be surprised if they've gone up since then too. The T1000s were going for around $125 each at the time as singles on eBay. Those are actually obtainable in quantity, unlike the T500s and T5000s. There are a few racks of them in people's collections. Although getting someone to actually part with a rack is another story. I have one rack.

Good luck with the hunt. These are mine, but they're not for sale.

20240206_074452~2.jpg

I don't know. I haven't kept tabs on them in recent years. But I know prior to the pandemic, the T500 and T5000 were fetching a few hundred dollars each. I wouldn't be surprised if they've gone up since then too. The T1000s were going for around $125 each at the time as singles on eBay. Those are actually obtainable in quantity, unlike the T500s and T5000s. There are a few racks of them in people's collections. Although getting someone to actually part with a rack is another story. I have one rack.

Good luck with the hunt. These are mine, but they're not for sale.

View attachment 1268259
T1000s aren't available in quantity....everyone says that yet zero are anywhere to be found let alone available.

The chip market is interesting they think a few hundred chips is abundance of any kind, but in other collectibles markets a few hundred of anything is rare.

T1000s aren't available in quantity....everyone says that yet zero are anywhere to be found let alone available.
I think it's more that they are out there in some quantity. It's not just scattered singles here or there. Actually being available for sale or trade is totally a horse of a different color.
The chip market is interesting they think a few hundred chips is abundance of any kind, but in other collectibles markets a few hundred of anything is rare.
Everything is relative and not all collectible markets are created equal.

I think it's more that they are out there in some quantity. It's not just scattered singles here or there. Actually being available for sale or trade is totally a horse of a different color.

Everything is relative and not all collectible markets are created equal.
I didn't say they are equal and I agree with what you're saying. However the objective reality is that few hundred of anything in a collectible market is rare.

I have a rack of the T1000s (shown above), Krish has two racks I believe, and at least one or two other members also have a rack. So they're out there. But ya, nobody is selling them. And if they did, the price would be bonkers.

But with the T500s and T5000s, nobody even has a single barrel of them. The Binions crime family laundered them one by one through eBay for years until they ran out. They did not sell them in quantity. The only reason the full racks exist for the other denoms is because someone broke into the Binions crime family storage into and stole them then sold them off by the rack on the black market. But this occurred after they had already run out of the T500 and T5000 chips. Two months later, the guy that was selling those stolen racks was murdered. Not joking.

I got the $1-$1000 on eBay years ago for a tad under $100 total for all chips. Took me about a year to pick them off that cheaply.

I didn't say they are equal and I agree with what you're saying. However the objective reality is that few hundred of anything in a collectible market is rare.
You didn't say it explicitly.....but you are implying it. I disagree with your statement and I think it depends on the collectible market.

I'm also into comic books and I'd consider something like Superman #1 or Amazing Fantasy #15 as rare. Superman #1 I think there are between 50-100 copies that exist and only 4-5 that are in a condition that really would garner significant value. Same with Amazing Fantasy 15.

If you look into the 300-400 range, let's look at Amazing Spider-Man #14 and ASM #39 CGC Signature Series (signed by Stan Lee). There are an estimated 316 of #14 and 409 of #39 in existence. While these are certainly great collectibles to own and something that'll likely increase in value, I wouldn't consider them rare.

In regards to chips, I own a sizeable Foxwoods 1st issue (THC) set, and the only one that I know of. There are multiple denominations where there are less than 300 of each still in existence. I own a rack+ of each of the $5 and $2.50 chips. These are not considered rare.

The chip market is also different in that we generally collect by the rack. So if there are 5 racks of the T1000s in people's collections, that has almost no bearing on the singles chip prices because nobody is going to break those racks to sell them as singles. So the effective quantity is more like 5 of something, not 500 of something.

You didn't say it explicitly.....but you are implying it. I disagree with your statement and I think it depends on the collectible market.

I'm also into comic books and I'd consider something like Superman #1 or Amazing Fantasy #15 as rare. Superman #1 I think there are between 50-100 copies that exist and only 4-5 that are in a condition that really would garner significant value. Same with Amazing Fantasy 15.

If you look into the 300-400 range, let's look at Amazing Spider-Man #14 and ASM #39 CGC Signature Series (signed by Stan Lee). There are an estimated 316 of #14 and 409 of #39 in existence. While these are certainly great collectibles to own and something that'll likely increase in value, I wouldn't consider them rare.

In regards to chips, I own a sizeable Foxwoods 1st issue (THC) set, and the only one that I know of. There are multiple denominations where there are less than 300 of each still in existence. I own a rack+ of each of the $5 and $2.50 chips. These are not considered rare.
You're confusing what is rare in relation to demand. Just because demand may not be as high for something doesn't change the rarity. If only a few hundred chips exist in the overall chip market that is rare. It's not really debatable it's just math.

You're confusing what is rare in relation to demand. Just because demand may not be as high for something doesn't change the rarity. If only a few hundred chips exist in the overall chip market that is rare. It's not really debatable it's just math.

Define "math"...

I guess show me where that quantification of rare is defined and I'll concede to agree. My point is that it's subjective and could vary based on the collectible market you're talking about.

Exactly. There's not an equation that defines if something is considered rare. It's definitely not math, that's for sure!
It is absolutely math. It's simple....there is way more than 300 chip collectors. Like 10s of thousands more.

I guess show me where that quantification of rare is defined and I'll concede to agree. My point is that it's subjective and could vary based on the collectible market you're talking about.
Lol you did it again. Rarity is based on available quantity in relation to participants that may or may not have demand for the item. The rarity is the reality either way.

Gold is rare regardless of demand or are you going to tell me it's not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom