SOLD Live Seminole Hard Rock Tampa $2 rack (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
BLUF - Near-mint rack of SHR Tampa $2 chips - asking $375 shipped CONUS, negotiable.

More Info - Honestly wasn't sure what to set the price at, so I'm open to offers. I collected these yesterday playing 4-8 Omaha8 at the SHR Tampa. Asked one of the brushes for a rack of $2s and he just so happens to pull out a mint rack. I was tempted to walk out right there with it, but I wanted to play. I ran good, so 4 of the barrels only sat there while the 5th was used a bit. When I finally got up 2 hours later, I still had the 4 barrels not used and was able to scavenge for 20 of the original chips mixed in the other barrels. (We actually had two mint racks in play - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mint-hard-rock-tampa-2s.30208/#post-556968)

I put them all in my pocket so all were mixed, but everything seems excellent.
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2501.JPG

Up until about two years ago, the custom on CT and PCF was to offer harvested chips at face value plus shipping, or *slightly* more, if unusual expenses were incurred in the harvesting. Many others did this, and I did this myself with chips from MGM National Harbor when it opened.

Nowadays, people just gouge whatever they can. The worst cases undertake chip harvesting as a continual profit center, without becoming site sponsors.

IMO, this is a major indicator why describing the PCF/CT/CD population as a "community" is becoming a bad joke. Members, particularly newbies, are looking at escalating prices and thinking of nothing else. Thoughts of helping other people out are becoming exceedingly rare.

I just take the gougers and add them to my "Do Not Buy/Sell" list.

Up until about two years ago, the custom on CT and PCF was to offer harvested chips at face value plus shipping, or *slightly* more, if unusual expenses were incurred in the harvesting. Many others did this, and I did this myself with chips from MGM National Harbor when it opened.

Nowadays, people just gouge whatever they can. The worst cases undertake chip harvesting as a continual profit center, without becoming site sponsors.

IMO, this is a major indicator why describing the PCF/CT/CD population as a "community" is becoming a bad joke. Members, particularly newbies, are looking at escalating prices and thinking of nothing else. Thoughts of helping other people out are becoming exceedingly rare.

I just take the gougers and add them to my "Do Not Buy/Sell" list.

Yeah those days are long gone. Very few in the chipping world care about other chippers, just try and maximize profit on every bloody chip. There are no more cheap chips, and very few favours

It's odd, because collectible chips seem to be decreasing or holding their value from what I've seen. It's really only our niche that has seen this type of crazy increase.

Thought about making offer but not sure what’s fair. Just starting buying chips for home games. I will say geno above is a fair guy. Sold me some chips for what he bought them for and I was really pleased. I like these chips. I have elites from geno and feel these could go with them. Same type of look but different color.

There are multiple examples of each going on all the time - favors and sales for profit. I personally have benefited from members selling me chips at their cost or even less. I have also paid 3X, 4X and more for chips that I really wanted. There are multiple classifieds right now for unusually high quality harvested chips at higher markups than these.

I know @acepilot388. I have bought chips from him and vice versa. He is a fair trader. As with anything in this hobby, if you like it you better grab it. No telling how long you may have to wait before you get the opportunity again. Make him an offer.

As far as mint Tampa Hard Rock chips go... there are several of us here who are very familiar with the poker room there (probably even @pltrgyst), their chips are FILTHY! Mint chips put in play with the others will remain "mint" for all of 1 hour I'd guess.

Just my $.02.

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom