Tourney Limit tournaments at the WSOP (1 Viewer)

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve few questions regarding limit games tournaments.

For those who played these events at the WSOP, is the following breakdown still in used for limit games ?

Ex. of T30K:

- T25 x 12
- T100 x 12
- T500 x 3
- T1000 x 12
- T5000 x 3

For those who played these events, is this breakdown confortable to play with ? (Not too many change ?)

Thanks for your input and have a nice week all !

Kid.

First question solved. For a T7500, breakdown is 12/12/4/4

img_4163.jpg

I’ve few questions regarding limit games tournaments.

Ex. of T30K:

- T25 x 12
- T100 x 12
- T500 x 3
- T1000 x 12
- T5000 x 3

For those who played these events, is this breakdown confortable to play with ? (Not too many change ?)
Considering that 12/12/5/6/1 works just fine, I'd suspect that 12/12/3/12 would, too.

I think the last year or two there have not been T30k starting stacks. That was the stack they used for the $10k buyin tournaments for several years, but with a few outlier exceptions all of the tournaments have had starting stacks at 5x the buyin amount. So 7500 in the $1500 events, 25k in the $5k events and 50k in the $10k events. In the tournaments with T50k starting stacks, the structure does not require any T25 chips. Last year I played the $1500 8-Game Mix and the breakdown was the same as the HORSE one shown above. I found it to be a workable breakdown but that assumes you have a decent dealer and preferably players who have played plenty of limit games and know what they are doing. The experienced players will efficiently make change from each other and make change from their own bets (e.g., in heads-up situations in split-pot games where the bets aren't pulled in).

If you have players who have played only limit cash games (with piles of chips) instead of tournaments, it might not go as smoothly. And I have found that WSOP tends to put many of their best dealers in the mixed-game events. If you had a bad dealer with those breakdowns you could run into issues, but I would probably just put some more 100s in the starting stacks to address it. Really no need for more 25s in my opinion.

83F866CB-3C9C-4734-9F77-BBB0162E5ED5.jpeg

Many thanks for your feed-back @BGinGA and @fieldsy.
The breakdown for limit cash sets have been discussed a lot on this forum, but I did not find topics discussing breakdown for limit tournament set.

Off-topic: I like the colors of these chips but I can't see this mold.

It's the new design WSOP mold, introduced this past summer. Good move on their part, imo.

What I don't like in the mold is the font. Spacing between the letters is too big in my opinion.

Remind me what are the colours of the chips (Base 214218414A Edge, Edge).
PS. I have the 39mm Hybrid ACOS ES for it, along with a custom 5.
pacificstar39mmallc.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom