Giveaway Liftapint's 10k posts, TRK giveaway (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
As @Ben8257 pointed out, I recently hit the 10,000 posts mark. And as @gopherblue pointed out, most of these have been posts about my dogs (or bumps in my wanted ads).

But to celebrate my recent Royal Flush status (i.e. many years of blabbering about nothing), I would like to do a giveaway.

Of COURSE, this give-away has to be TRK-related! This give includes 10 TRK singles, one chip for every 1,000 posts, with a couple of dealer buttons and cut cards thrown in. What you see is what you get (plus maybe a few other things I'll throw in the box too, who knows).

Rules:

Giveaway is available to everyone, international too, and I'll cover shipping obviously (it's a giveaway!).

All you have to do is respond in this thread that you're "In", and answer one of the following questions (or both).

1) What is the best advice you've ever been given (can be poker related, but even better if it's not)?

2) Where is your favorite place that you've ever traveled, and why? (can be in the US, or not)?

This giveaway will end at 6pm Pacific on Sunday June 6th. A winner will be drawn at random, using an online randomizer of some sort --what do people use for this type of thing, so I don't have to go the @Ben8257 names in a hat method, although I loved that :) I have visitors this weekend, so it might take me a hot minute to get the drawing done, but I don't want to drag this out forever, thus, the deadline.

Thanks to PCF for providing me a place to blab about nothing on a daily basis, for 8 years and counting. I've "met" so many great people, and developed an incurable addiction to little clay (and occasionally plastic) discs.

Just added: Runner-up prize, "got poker chips" decal sticker. Thanks @FordPickup92!

0D58D8A4-2341-443B-B737-A9F45A09D098.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome, congratulations! I'm in!

I'm learning to play SOHE, as it's admittedly one of my weakest mixed games. I got great advice from just about everyone to split the cards to arrange for a flush on the HE side, as lots of inexperienced players (like me) will put pocket pairs there and usually set mine. Hitting a flush, depending on the PLO side holdings, on the hold 'em side gives the best chance to scoop.

That, and in SOHE, fold A 10 6 4 2 2 pre.

In! Awesome milestone, Mel.

Best advice: when I was young, my father told me to never play another man's game. That in order to succeed, I have to set the rules. Although in this case the man was metaphorical, I still think it applies to carnival tricksters.

Best poker advice: My daughter told me to, "fold you idiot"

In of course

1) figure out where you’d like to be in a few years, identify someone who is already there, and then do some of the things they do

2) Cancun, mostly because of the friends I went with

In, thanks Mel!

What is the best advice you've ever been given (can be poker related, but even better if it's not)?

Always pad a lot of extra time onto your work estimates. You don't get promoted simply for doing your job, you want to leave buffer time so you can help out with issues folks are having or do extra stuff that wasn't explicitly asked of you.

Where is your favorite place that you've ever traveled, and why? (can be in the US, or not)?

I love the west coast of the US and by that I mean the literally coastline. Oregon coast and the Olympic Peninsula are some of my favorite places.

In!

Thailand. Amazing place. It's got beaches, food, culture, history and great people.

Totally in lol! Also donating a "got poker chips?" decal sticker as a runner up prize if that's okay with Mel?

Best piece of advice?
"Don't sweat the small stuff"

Favorite place? Marco island and the Everglades!

In

Best advice:
Bet when they draw, if they miss they will not pay anyway

As @Ben8257 pointed out, I recently hit the 10,000 posts mark. And as @gopherblue pointed out, most of these have been posts about my dogs (or bumps in my wanted ads).

But to celebrate my recent Royal Flush status (i.e. many years of blabbering about nothing), I would like to do a giveaway.

Of COURSE, this give-away has to be TRK-related! This give 10 TRK singles, one chip for every 1,000 posts, with a couple of dealer buttons and cut cards thrown in. What you see is what you get (plus maybe a few other things I'll throw in the box too, who knows).

Rules:

Giveaway is available to everyone, international too, and I'll cover shipping obviously (it's a giveaway!).

All you have to do is respond in this thread that you're "In", and answer one of the following questions (or both).

1) What is the best advice you've ever been given (can be poker related, but even better if it's not)?

2) Where is your favorite place that you've ever traveled, and why? (can be in the US, or not)?

This giveaway will end at 6pm Pacific on Sunday June 6th. A winner will be drawn at random, using an online randomizer of some sort --what do people use for this type of thing, so I don't have to go the @Ben8257 names in a hat method, although I loved that :) I have visitors this weekend, so it might take me a hot minute to get the drawing done, but I don't want to drag this out forever, thus, the deadline.

Thanks to PCF for providing me a place to blab about nothing on a daily basis, for 8 years and counting. I've "met" so many great people, and developed an incurable addiction to little clay (and occasionally plastic) discs.

View attachment 710431
In please.

And just so y'all know, the best place to travel is fabulous NYC...home of Broadway, a heck of a lot of amazing pizza, and PNY (sorta).

Thanks Mel!
In
and
1) Always fully fund your Roth IRA each year
and
2) Ireland (I lived in Cork for a stint after college)

Thanks, for the giveaway! Congrats, on the impressive milestone!

“All progress takes place outside the comfort zone."

Jamaica. One of the stops on the cruise we took for our honeymoon. Wish we would’ve spent the whole honeymoon there.

In (thank you!!!!)

Costa Rica, hands down.

Attachments

• 472D64AD-16E8-4B5B-9C57-2DE4A02CE208.jpeg
    472D64AD-16E8-4B5B-9C57-2DE4A02CE208.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 98557ED6-76B1-46F2-A97C-8FC3434C72D2.jpeg
    98557ED6-76B1-46F2-A97C-8FC3434C72D2.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 1A4BACFE-9BED-4307-BE1C-6391D5B93598.jpeg
    1A4BACFE-9BED-4307-BE1C-6391D5B93598.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 117
In.

1. One of my early mentors used to always tell me whenever I let my ego get too big: "No matter how good you think you are, remember there are always at least 10 people better." That has stayed with me forever. Helps keep me grounded.

2. Kirchdorf, Austria. Hands down. Learned to ski there.

Congrats on the milestone and thanks for doing this, @liftapint!

In.

Bora Bora for honeymoon. Overwater bungalows, blue clear water, white sands, swam with sharks and sting rays with my wife. Magical and truly a once in a lifetime experience.

I'm in.

1. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

2. Doesn't matter, as long as I'm partying with Colleen.

Cancun was pretty fun!

20190414_202111.jpg

Last edited:
In, thanks for doing this!

I absolutely love Italy, so I'd have to say my trip to Rome was my favorite. The sights, the history, the food, everything was just amazing about that trip.

Thank you and congrats on 10k :)

IN

Traveled cross country when I was 21. I can't pick one place but a few of them would be Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, and Arches National Park in August of 2000.
1622594810487-50d105a6-be18-49bb-8e2a-a13d0e03f195.jpg
1622595014205-5b0fd5c5-8c8c-4227-a11a-514eedf91d54_.jpg
1622595467213-19ab158e-0844-40e5-83df-764e39aeb6ad.jpg

In!
Favorite place visited: Florence, Italy and surrounding Tuscany. The people, the food, climate, and scenery. Unparalleled.

Thanks for the giveaway and congrats on 10k!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom