Life is Grand! (4 Viewers)

In the last couple chip room sample set sales there were only 100 offered. This one had 200 sets offered…

Let’s hope he has a ton of the beauties for the main sale as well!!!

After holding them in my hand and viewing then in natural and artificial light, and consulting with my children... Here's my favorites.

20220511_211116.jpg

The secondary 1 is just a fantastic 1. The bright blue and grey go so well.

The primary snapper greens go well with the pink (according to my daughter).

The bear claw 5s with the red white and blue stripes are just: Yes.

I'm going with the secondary 25 just because I like the primary less. Even clean, the lime green on the primary is just too muted for my tastes.

The secondary 100s arc yellow POP. Even though the half circles take up most of the color from the side. The blue and yellow on black is just so good.

I like the secondary 500s simply because I like the primary less. The primary stripes do not stand out and the blurple color over powers them.

Of course, secondary 1k bear claw.

The green on the primary 5k work with the grey. The brown on the secondary do not.

The primary 25k is better, again because the secondary does not. It's that muted green color V that kills it for me.

After holding them in my hand and viewing then in natural and artificial light, and consulting with my children... Here's my favorites.

View attachment 909712

I'm going with the secondary 25 just because I like the primary less. Even clean, the lime green on the primary is just too muted for my tastes.

The secondary 100s arc yellow POP. Even though the half circles take up most of the color from the side. The blue and yellow on black is just so good.

I like the secondary 500s simply because I like the primary less. The primary stripes do not stand out and the blurple color over powers them.

The green on the primary 5k work with the grey. The brown on the secondary do not.

The primary 25k is better, again because the secondary does not. It's that muted green color V that kills it for me.
Take away the snapper and this is my lineup as well. Though I won't need the 25k either. The pics of the primary $25 just aren't doing it for me. Damn my samples being delayed.

The primary $25s look amazing after being cleaned and lightly oiled. See the differences in the pics in this post.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/life-is-grand.89232/post-1839698

The lighter colors are more easily covered up by how dirty they are. Once you've cleaned them, they will NEVER be that dirty again.

Wait, why am I talking these up? You guys are right! The primary $25s are GARBAGE - DO NOT BUY THEM!

View attachment 909712

:tup:
Those are the chips I'd use for a cash set..
I'd relabel the $25 as a frac and the $500 as a $20/$25

Take away the snapper and this is my lineup as well. Though I won't need the 25k either. The pics of the primary $25 just aren't doing it for me. Damn my samples being delayed.
It’s worse in person, in my opinion. I just cleaned and oiled my primary $25 and yeah it makes the chip look better, but it still looks like a washed out, pastel chip, compared to the others.

It’s worse in person, in my opinion. I just cleaned and oiled my primary $25 and yeah it makes the chip look better, but it still looks like a washed out, pastel chip, compared to the others.
This is my main concern. I love the spot pattern and how it fits with the rest of what I want, but damn the color.

The primary $25s look amazing after being cleaned and lightly oiled. See the differences in the pics in this post.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/life-is-grand.89232/post-1839698

The lighter colors are more easily covered up by how dirty they are. Once you've cleaned them, they will NEVER be that dirty again.

Wait, why am I talking these up? You guys are right! The primary $25s are GARBAGE - DO NOT BUY THEM!

I love me some 8v but I think the lighting in the cleaned up pic makes them look brighter than the dirty picture. If you look at the color of the table surface in the comparison pics you can tell the cleaned up pic has warmer/brighter lighting.

I love me some 8v but I think the lighting in the cleaned up pic makes them look brighter than the dirty picture. If you look at the color of the table surface in the comparison pics you can tell the cleaned up pic has warmer/brighter lighting.
Here it is, cleaned and oiled, with all the others (though the others haven’t been oiled.)
09252388-3B66-4B05-8FC1-6080DC9A48E5.jpeg

I guess it all depends on what you’re looking for. My other Paulson sets are older sets and none of them have particularly bright colors. So here, I’m looking to put together a little tournament set with some bright, popping colors. So that $25 isn’t for me for this set. But there’s nothing wrong with it.

Here it is, cleaned and oiled, with all the others (though the others haven’t been oiled.)
View attachment 909722
Thanks!

The secondary $25 colors are so much nicer. Wish the colors of the 2 chips were swapped.

I'm a big fan of 8v but those colors are so dull in between the primary $5 and either one of the $100s. Just doesn't really fit.

I think the impossible to find Twain $25 would be a good fit.

i'm so excited by this sale. but, it's time to turn the excitement into planning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom