Leaded, Textured Mixed RHC Set Suggestions (1 Viewer)

VMR911

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello PCFriends, I am slowly building a RHC Leaded & Textured Inlay cash set. So far I have I PCA Secondary $1s (Thank you @Gorbash) and Jim Kelly's Nugget $5s (Thank you @jja412 & @mitch3r). I need some help finding the right $25 and $100 to go with the theme (edge progression, leaded, textured inlay and excellent+ condition)

What would you do next? What $25 and $100 chips do you recommend complete this set? I'm also open to frac recommendations. :)
Thanks in advance!

20230411_202820.jpg
20230411_203029.jpg
20230411_203046.jpg

20230411_203617.jpg

20230411_203114.jpg

20230411_203213.jpg

Thanks
Enjoy :)
- V

Last edited:
The $5’s are beautiful, I love them, but by having a $5 with such a complex edge spot pattern you’re gonna need to find some complex edge spot $25’s and $100’s. Probably a bear claw $100.

The $5’s are beautiful, I love them, but by having a $5 with such a complex edge spot pattern you’re gonna need to find some complex edge spot $25’s and $100’s. Probably a bear claw $100.
Are those Majestic $100s textured? :cool

A bear claw $100 that is leaded and textured...

Haven't had them in hand myself so not sure if textured (have a feeling they are not) but if they are: Mark Twains

Mesquite Star $25 (pri or sec)
Oak Tree $100 or Grand Vic sec $100
Do you know which of these are textured inlay and leaded?
The Mesquite Star (1998) and Grand Victoria (1996) chips are leaded, not sure on textured inlays (but I doubt any are, those are pretty rare for RHC chips). I think they are all matte-finish (not textured, but not glossy laminates either).

But if it were my set, I'd be more concerned with matching up with your existing $1s and $5s. The four $25 and $100 chips above all fit in exceptionally well, continuing with your 'green' theme and supplying the desired spot progression.

The Mesquite Star (1998) and Grand Victoria (1996) chips are leaded, not sure on textured inlays (but I doubt any are, those are pretty rare for RHC chips). I think they are all matte-finish (not textured, but not glossy laminates either).

But if it were my set, I'd be more concerned with matching up with your existing $1s and $5s. The four $25 and $100 chips above all fit in exceptionally well, continuing with your 'green' theme and supplying the desired spot progression.
Great summary and points!
I have started my search for Harbor Lights $25 or Derby Gran $25, and Oak Tree $100.
Thanks everyone! :)

Woah big update....
I tried the base color / edge colors of Derby Gran, Snapper's Palace and it was way too much green for me. So I tried different base colors and I found the most unlikely combo that actually looks so nice in person... Here are my test results... So my search is going to be refined.

Can you tell which one I ended up picking?
Which one would you pick?

20230502_210440.jpg
20230502_210541.jpg

A huge shoutout to @Bobb59 @Darson @Senzrock @XBobdog for all the patience and cooperation while I did all my trails and tests. A huge thank you to @Gorbash for helping me find Gold in the most unlikely places.

Projects are fun!
- V

Woah big update....
I tried the base color / edge colors of Derby Gran, Snapper's Palace and it was way too much green for me. So I tried different base colors and I found the most unlikely combo that actually looks so nice in person... Here are my test results... So my search is going to be refined.

View attachment 1129109View attachment 1129110

A huge shoutout to @Bobb59 @Darson @Senzrock @XBobdog for all the patience and cooperation while I did all my trails and tests. A huge thank you to @Gorbash for helping me find Gold in the most unlikely places.

Projects are fun!
- V
Those purple 500s are too similar - won’t work imo.

Yea I agree, the MS $500 doesn’t seem like a good fit, but everything else gets two thumbs up. Seriously, that PCA $1 and the Nugget $5 combo is really spectacular. the MS hundo is excellent, but the one and five combo…. It’s just
Italian Hand GIF

Woah big update....

View attachment 1129109View attachment 1129110

Projects are fun!
- V
I personally think there’s way too much going on with edge spots in both of these lineups. Starts to look messy and dare I say dirty?

I personally think there’s way too much going on with edge spots in both of these lineups. Starts to look messy and dare I say dirty?
^ agreed. I'd be looking for a simpler 618- or 6d18-spotted $20 or $25.

Yea I agree, the MS $500 doesn’t seem like a good fit, but everything else gets two thumbs up. Seriously, that PCA $1 and the Nugget $5 combo is really spectacular. the MS hundo is excellent, but the one and five combo…. It’s just
Italian Hand GIF
^ agreed. I'd be looking for a simpler 618- or 6d18-spotted $20 or $25
Yeah but that's part of my problem right now, the $5s themselves take so much starpower/spotlight that I really need the perfect $25/$20 to compliment the set.

I think I'm going to see if I can find a barrel of Mesquite Star $25s (pri & sec) to try with this lineup

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom