Le Cercle Paris CPC custom project (1 Viewer)

Yes I'm still very hesitant on the yellow base I'm going to choose for the 20, the DG Yellow seems a bit "pisseux" as we would say in French, Arc Yellow will be too close to my DG Tiger 20c I think, so I'm hesitating between Yellow, Canary and maybe Saturn. And I still haven't ruled out using Light Green or DG green as a base for this one.

For the 1€ chip I've thought about the DG Peacock that looks beautiful, but I think I prefer the Light Blue and have a chip with several light colors on it for this one.

I'm ordering samples to make up my mind, all the photos I'm seeing give different results and it's messing up with my thought process ahah.

Indeed, that's what I want to make it right! I'll take my time and order only when I'll be sure about my choices, if I ever am :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
DG Saturn is the one pisseux and slimy to me.
DG Yellow is fluo yellow stabilo but looks very different in artificial light.
I was about to use it in my new project as base color but finally decided to go for arc yellow classy color ;)

Hello fellow poker chips addicts! After months of reading the forum as a guest, I finally created an account and am ready to post my very first message.

I am starting a project for a custom CPC micro-stakes cash set to play with my friends (usually around 5-7 players, 5c/10c or 10c/20c blinds and 10/20€ buy-in, rarely over 200€ in chips in front of anyone). We only play cash games.

I used to have a Paulson Le Noir 500 chips set bought in 2009 but I have left them at a friend's place many years ago and I have never managed to get them back (don't mention it, I'm still super mad 8 years later...). I also have a 500-set of Aria high denominations from Tina, so now I'm looking for lower stakes denoms and I have started playing with CPC's custom tool.

Below is what I have so far, with white and black inlays (I don't know which one I prefer yet):

View attachment 1111797

View attachment 1111798

The inlays are not definitive, I have just made them quickly today on Canva and the colors are not exactly the ones I'd like to have, and everything might not be aligned properly yet.

As a proud French, I have to use the fleur de lys mold, no question about it!

My idea for the spots is to use the base colors from the other denominations. The star of the show will be the 5€ chip which will feature all the base colors from the other 4 chips.

I am feeling pretty happy about the 5c, 20c, 1€ and 5€ chips, but for the 20€ I keep changing the spot colors and can't figure out which ones are best looking. See below a few iterations:

View attachment 1111809

In these iterations, only the #1 and #4 are in line with my concept of only having spot colors that are also the base color of other denominations, but I must confess that #2 is probably my favourite.

I know that 20c denoms might seem very weird for most of you, but quarters do not exist in France and in the Eurozone, we have 20c coins instead.

I have chosen Le Cercle Paris as the name of my set as it is how we are calling card clubs in Paris. And of course I had to add the Eiffel Tower in the logo :)

Pricing should be as follow if I understood CPC's website correctly. I know I don't need that many fracs, but I like having lots of chips in front of me and I sometimes play 20c/40c Limit HE and 2-7 so fracs are useful for these games.

View attachment 1111813

Looking forward to read your feedbacks and suggestions!
Something I would also recommend is to factor in X amount of extra chips.

1. Always good to have 5-10 extras of each denom put away in storage for potential loss/damage etc. There’s nothing worse than a 99 chip rack.
2. Lots of people collect sample sets so always good to factor in X amount of sample sets to sell.

Waiting for you sample if you want I can send you pictures with mine of your desired combo, just shoot me a PM if needed.
Je suis également Français ;)

Yes I'm still very hesitant on the yellow base I'm going to choose for the 20, the DG Yellow seems a bit "pisseux" as we would say in French, Arc Yellow will be too close to my DG Tiger 20c I think, so I'm hesitating between Yellow, Canary and maybe Saturn. And I still haven't ruled out using Light Green or DG green as a base for this one.

For the 1€ chip I've thought about the DG Peacock that looks beautiful, but I think I prefer the Light Blue and have a chip with several light colors on it for this one.

I'm ordering samples to make up my mind, all the photos I'm seeing give different results and it's messing up with my thought process ahah.

Indeed, that's what I want to make it right! I'll take my time and order only when I'll be sure about my choices, if I ever am :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
For reference.
Left chip: DG arc yellow base with DG yellow.
Right chip: DG yellow base
401D1A68-1EEC-4B42-B613-2477A8D9BE74.jpeg

Something I would also recommend is to factor in X amount of extra chips.

1. Always good to have 5-10 extras of each denom put away in storage for potential loss/damage etc. There’s nothing worse than a 99 chip rack.
2. Lots of people collect sample sets so always good to factor in X amount of sample sets to sell.
Duly noted!
Waiting for you sample if you want I can send you pictures with mine of your desired combo, just shoot me a PM if needed.
Je suis également Français ;)
Merci, je te dirai si besoin!

This looks like good progress to me! New inlay design with the white Eiffel Tower on black background, and new 20€ pattern as suggested by several members.

I am now questioning using Retro Red instead of DG Pink after seeing some amazing photos. This is a never ending process ahah

ALT VERSION CLEAN PEACH.png

Zoomed view on the inlay:

ALT NOUVEAU Logo 1€.png

Black inlay is classy. The 5€ is awesome !
The 20€ has a new spot pattern :tup: but need more spots colors imho :p

Few tweaks, I really like the direction it's going. Hoping to confirm the colors work together once I'll have received the samples!

VDEF.png

merci @Fran ! Yeah I lowered the denom to 10 to make sure it would get into play, and players who rebuy can either choose to get 5€ or 10€ chips, and I REALLY want to have a yellow chip in the set!

I think I'll also add plaques for 20€ or 50€ just in case the game gets bigger than usual

I like the progress very much. Beside all color variations and dirty stack issues that has been discussed and changed already, I also highly vote for that bigger Eiffel tower… even that a small image would help to make the inlay more clean, but on the other hand „Paris“ is a part of the name so why underline it and make it visible instantly by using a bigger tower.. I like that idea…

I did it this way with my mock-up for my rounders Cologne …

839EA414-15B0-42A6-90F4-48ED006273E4.png

Few tweaks, I really like the direction it's going. Hoping to confirm the colors work together once I'll have received the samples!

View attachment 1115095
With the placement of the larger Eiffel Tower I would offset the denom to the right personally. Especially the 20¢ and 10¢ so the denom doesn’t cover the tower. That would give the chip better balance.

After sitting on this for a few weeks and after receiving the samples, I have shifted the concept a bit and dropped the "Le Cercle Paris" name to something less vague. I also feel like the Eiffel Tower is too cliché and touristy stuff, as no Parisian ever goes there (ever!).

Say hi to "Faubourg-Montmartre" poker club! Faubourg-Montmartre is the name of my area in central Paris, and this administrative neighbourhood was created during the French Revolution. To celebrate its origins, I've added to the inlay a picture of a woman standing on the barricades, with a sword raised in the air and a cannon being loaded by revolutionaries. I'm a bit worried the inlay would be too small for this level of details and it might not work but that's my idea so far, wdyt?

The spot progression (or lack thereof) might trigger some of you, but I don't really care for it and I'm going with my gut feeling and what makes me happy!

FINAL FINAL Faubourg 7 DENOM.png

I have added new denoms as I want to cover all possible stakes I might be playing at home, but I'll never have more than 3 or 4 denoms on the table at the same time.

This is a really fun process and I'm enjoying it a lot, curious to see where it will take me until I finally pull the trigger and place my order!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom