LATB Stream is so bad (1 Viewer)

LeLe

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I haven’t watched any LATB stream for about 1-2 years after I found HCL and TheLodgeLive. And with the recent HCL incident and Rampage attending today LATB stream, I thought I will give it a shot and see how it fare

Oh mine, 5 min in and I already can’t stand the stream.

- The annoying Loud constant shuffling of the chip
- The Overly Dark AF background for no reason
- The commentator are meh at best

No wonder HCL is the #1 poker stream show now, it so call “rival” LATB is so bad that I felt like it will need a production team overhaul to fix it

Last edited:
Whoever redesigned the room, should be publicly flogged. There was nothing wrong with the previous aesthetic, but clearly, someone decided that they needed to "improve" it. This alone makes it unwatchable.

Interestingly, that game is now run and managed by a self-admitted cheater and card mechanic Houston Curtis who was part of the whole Tobey Maguire Hollywood Home Game scene (a few good podcasts on this, where he talks about getting Toby into the game and partnering with him for a while and also him admitting to cheating and scamming players in private games). LATB's reasoning is, who better to catch a cheater than a cheater.

Good times for LA stream players right now!! :wow::wow:

TheLodge is the better stream for me at the moment.

NGL, I am a bit hesitant with HCL especially with the latest developments and withdrawal of players from Friday stream

Watched a bit of the stream last night, it's astounding how much commentary affects the enjoyability of poker streams. JJ is a likable guy and all, but an awful commentator, the stream was so much better when they'd get Tuck and Bart and Dan Zack and other guest commentators who have mostly migrated to HCL. That said, I love watching Berkey play, so I'll probably watch some.

Bad commentary. Bad player audio balancing. Bad action tracking/graphic work.

And they are, a full 40 minutes after they updated the title to “$500/$1000! Super high stakes!”….still at $200/$400.
Oh I just tuned into that for about 5 minutes, but there seemed to be little to no commentary at all, which is kind of necessary on my phone, cause I can’t always make out the cards.
Also the chips sounded really tinny. Are they using ceramics? Or are there just bad mics?

Oh I just tuned into that for about 5 minutes, but there seemed to be little to no commentary at all, which is kind of necessary on my phone, cause I can’t always make out the cards.
Also the chips sounded really tinny. Are they using ceramics? Or are there just bad mics?
ugly ceramics for sure. “Parkwest bicycle” shitshow. Dunno why the audio is bad but at times it sounds like people overloading the speaker, is that the mic?

They eventually did start playing $500/$1000. They were obviously on an hour delay as a couple times something interesting would happen, someone would run into the control room, and the commentator would say “VERY SOON SOMEONE WILL SIT IN BERKEYS EMPTY SEAT”. About 10 times over the next hour they repeat this spoiler. And then an hour later, some random person did sit down.

They also hyped the largest pot in “poker streaming history”. Uh, didn’t I see a 2m euro pot over in Triton once. Then it became the largest pot in US Poker streaming history. Then the pot came, after an hour of hype, and did it exceed @Windwalker immaculate vengeance against Bryn “frog poison” Kenney? Spoiler alert…it did not. It was close. But it was a smaller pot and Krish stacked that frog abuser on US soil. FFS the LATB pot they wanted to hype so bad…they ran it twice and chopped. No blood no agony no elation.

The video today has been taken private so if you were wanting to watch the stream later on, too bad, you can’t.

What a shit show

They eventually did start playing $500/$1000. They were obviously on an hour delay as a couple times something interesting would happen, someone would run into the control room, and the commentator would say “VERY SOON SOMEONE WILL SIT IN BERKEYS EMPTY SEAT”. About 10 times over the next hour they repeat this spoiler. And then an hour later, some random person did sit down.

They also hyped the largest pot in “poker streaming history”. Uh, didn’t I see a 2m euro pot over in Triton once. Then it became the largest pot in US Poker streaming history. Then the pot came, after an hour of hype, and did it exceed @Windwalker immaculate vengeance against Bryn “frog poison” Kenney? Spoiler alert…it did not. It was close. But it was a smaller pot and Krish stacked that frog abuser on US soil. FFS the LATB pot they wanted to hype so bad…they ran it twice and chopped. No blood no agony no elation.

The video today has been taken private so if you were wanting to watch the stream later on, too bad, you can’t.

What a shit show
Feel like the bus driver (Chris Farley) in Billy Madison.

"We totally had the biggest pot in streaming history."

"No you didn't."

"No we didn't, but we had the biggest post in US streaming history."

"No you didn't."

"Yeah you're right....but imagine what it would be like if we did?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom