Labeling Outlaws (1 Viewer)

ChipSkylark

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I
20220119_211332.jpg

Hey everyone, new member here. I have a cheap set of Outlaws and was looking to convert these pink 5k chips into 5 CENT chips to make my cash set a little more diverse. Any advice on the best way to go about getting new labels?
Specific questions:
How do I know what size label fits my chips?
Should I bother taking off the old labels or just paste over them?
Is it worth it to try to Photoshop their label to try to say "5c" and keep the skull design or should I just go with a simple brown background and a large font for the denomination?

Any advice is appreciated!

For these I’d photoshop the nickel denom onto their design. Then print them yourself or use stickermule.

A few mickey mouse ideas to start (haha)
I think easiest is just to tell everyone that they are 5¢ chips (there is a "5" on them already)?
If you don't care much how they look, you could take a Sharpie pen to them.
You can just remove those label and leave them bare pink.

If I were gonna relabel only those chips in the set, my first choice would also be to try to keep the design the same (or as close as possible to) as the others.

See how easy/difficult it is to remove a label or three. If you're able to (hopefully cleanly and reversibly), that will give you an idea of what you're in for. You could see what the surface below looks like. You can put a (digital) caliper to the hollowed out area and get a diameter measurement.

Also take a look at how much room (height difference between the top surface of the label and the surrounding edges of the chip) you have. You can always label over But you run the risk of making it too thick in the middle (may not fit your racks properly, may not be stable/even when stacking chips, etc). Depending on how cheap the chip, the depth of the labelling area may vary from one side of a chip to another and from chip to chip as well (and the diameter could vary a bit too).

People like TheOffalo have made their own, completely in house. StickerMule is defintely worth checking out too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom