Label over or Mill? (1 Viewer)

BigOz22

High Hand
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions. I have the tools to mill rhcs but really don’t want to if I don’t have to. I just want them to look right and stack flat! Thanks

Attachments

• 41DDDC6B-DC82-458E-97DB-CC9D0BE7D23F.jpeg
    41DDDC6B-DC82-458E-97DB-CC9D0BE7D23F.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 126
Milling for RHC is not recommended, rather just remove the inlay (also known as murdering around here).

Put them under the knife and cut the inlays out. Search inlay removal for a ton of threads / resources!

I’ve milled one it’s fine. If you have the right tools it can be done!
I realize it COULD be done…but getting the bit centered (over an often out-of-center inlay) can be quite difficult, possibly resulting in a not-so-round recess.
The round recess is already there on an inlaid chip, just waiting for the inlay removal.
Milling is great for hotstamps, however.

They’ll stack flat if your label is thin enough and your chips aren’t worn to hell.

I realize it COULD be done…but getting the bit centered (over an often out-of-center inlay) can be quite difficult, possibly resulting in a not-so-round recess.
The round recess is already there on an inlaid chip, just waiting for the inlay removal.
Milling is great for hotstamps, however.

Dude I have the bit. I have a jig. I have a drill press. Like I said with the right tools it can be done.

I’m just asking is it worth it or has anyone tried over labels! With success!

Please dont kill them.
Put a label on them and be done.
As long as the condition is VG to mint they should not wobble.

Dude I have the bit. I have a jig. I have a drill press. Like I said with the right tools it can be done.

Over labels are recommended since it’s just easier and have great results

Originals
A8A36751-6314-4C99-9AFF-E18ECF2C90AE.jpeg

A8A36751-6314-4C99-9AFF-E18ECF2C90AE.jpeg

Overlabels
58FA2895-5D48-441D-821F-3BB26EC120EE.jpeg
555A738A-97AB-48C3-B6FA-BCCCF0A66843.jpeg
769FDBB5-037D-4CF7-8616-D45471A57CA9.jpeg
22012879-2542-4381-A410-0C3162DAB8EE.jpeg
D5BDFA2B-F465-40C5-A860-D1E7D531E32C.jpeg

Kind of off topic - but the Jacks have the small label ala HSI $1 and snapper, Would a larger laminated over label work on these chips since there is still a large hole? Or would it be too thick.

And to answer your question, either remove the inlay or over label them. Much better look on RHC.

No need to get ornery, I'm just making the suggestion of not using an overly complicated process to possibly get the same result as an simpler one.
If you mill or remove the inlay, you'll have the choice of different thickness labels and finishes. If you over label, you'll need to only use the vinyl without lamination to keep the label very thin.
Good luck whichever you choose.

No need to get ornery, I'm just making the suggestion of not using an overly complicated process to possibly get the same result as an simpler one.
If you mill or remove the inlay, you'll have the choice of different thickness labels and finishes. If you over label, you'll need to only use the vinyl without lamination to keep the label very thin.
Good luck whichever you choose.

I’m not getting ornery. This could have been your first answer. I appreciate it! Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m on Gears list! I let ya know the final decision in 3 months!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom