Wanted Kings Crown $5s (yellow), TRKs for trade - Fitzgerald, Pick Hobson, Blue solid (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

softchewy

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Looking for a barrel to a rack of Kings Crown yellow $5s in excellent to mint condition
cash or trade

1606835028230.png

Some trade options:
1606836353937.png

1606836477041.png

1606836387120.png

Last edited:
what do you want them for?
Honestly these are really only good for the guys that are collecting 1 or 2 of each chip. They are way too expensive and way too difficult to come by to use them in a poker game
huh? think you got some bad info
There are bunch of racks of them out there.
I see you are new here, but think you said you were on CT back in the day.. maybe more of these came to the market since you were last looking?

Last edited:
Honestly these are really only good for the guys that are collecting 1 or 2 of each chip. They are way too expensive and way too difficult to come by to use them in a poker game

Maybe we should define "hard to come by" and "way too expensive" first ;)
They work well in a poker game... ask me how I know ;)

Dibs on 1-2 of them a couple hundred times.

huh? think you got some bad info
There are bunch of racks of them out there.
I see you are new here, but think you said you were on CT back in the day.. maybe more of these came to the market since you were last looking?
lol, no I don't have bad info. I had > 1000 (1's, $5's & 25's) of these at one point. Don't have nearly as many any more, but I stand by what I said that they are really too nice to put into a game. It is entirely possible that the ones that you have recently been seeing are some of the ones I sold. Maybe not too, idk. Because I had so many I was actually considering them for my personal game, but just couldn't bring myself to put them into play. I know guys here are buying fractionals for like $700/rack and other such stuff, but to me this just doesn't make any sense. When a chip starts wandering into the price that singles get in the collecting world it is time to start looking for another chip to build your playable set around. Look at singles of these on e-bay. They vary wildly what they will sell for, $4 & then one goes for $15. I know I have sold a single of that exact chip for >$20 more than just once or twice.

oh, btw
the $25's
I probably sold 50 of them for >$50 at one point and way more than that for >$25 each. Maybe not for everyone, but to me that is not a chip that gets put into a home game and splashed around.

lol, no I don't have bad info. I had > 1000 (1's, $5's & 25's) of these at one point. Don't have nearly as many any more, but I stand by what I said that they are really too nice to put into a game. It is entirely possible that the ones that you have recently been seeing are some of the ones I sold. Maybe not too, idk. Because I had so many I was actually considering them for my personal game, but just couldn't bring myself to put them into play. I know guys here are buying fractionals for like $700/rack and other such stuff, but to me this just doesn't make any sense. When a chip starts wandering into the price that singles get in the collecting world it is time to start looking for another chip to build your playable set around. Look at singles of these on e-bay. They vary wildly what they will sell for, $4 & then one goes for $15. I know I have sold a single of that exact chip for >$20 more than just once or twice.

They have been around. Spinettis sold a bunch of them.
I'll just say singles on eBay is no way to judge prices for quantity in this chipping community.
The singles community is a different beast.
I think you'll find your rationale does not apply for many of us here ;)

The best chips aren't just for lookin at...

oh, btw
the $25's
I probably sold 50 of them for >$50 at one point and way more than that for >$25 each. Maybe not for everyone, but to me that is not a chip that gets put into a home game and splashed around.
Get ready for your inbox to explode lol. I envision a large closet with lots of desirable chips just chilling inside of it. To each his own but why have a bunch of chips if you aren't gonna use them, or sell them? I'm genuinely curious.

• Love
Reactions: 72o
oh, btw
the $25's
My most expensive chips that see play cost $95 a few years ago, now sell for well over $100 each.

Because I had so many I was actually considering them for my personal game, but just couldn't bring myself to put them into play.
I suspect partially because they were mint? I assume used ones you might put in play, or no?

Some of us even get the more expensive yellows seen on the left in play...
1609365983340.png

When a chip starts wandering into the price that singles get in the collecting world it is time to start looking for another chip to build your playable set around.

If you want to dive right in and have your mind blown... I'll refer you to a couple of threads of epicness (there are plenty more):

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/tropicana-las-vegas-first-edition-tr-king-set.5375/

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/windwalker’s-chipping-journey-in-pr0n0graph1c-detail.60841/

My most expensive chips that see play cost $95 a few years ago, now sell for well over $100 each.
Ben quietly raises his hand and says "please Dave. Can I get an invite to this game". response "yeah kid when you hit ten years in the hobby!!" I quietly crawl back into the darkness!!

They have been around. Spinettis sold a bunch of them.
I'll just say singles on eBay is no way to judge prices for quantity in this chipping community.
The singles community is a different beast.
I think you'll find your rationale does not apply for many of us here ;)

The best chips aren't just for lookin at...
I am very aware of the difference between what singles on e-bay bring and what to expect when selling/buying multiple racks of the same thing. I know I have been out of the game a little while, but I had >20,000 chips in my closet at one point and have probably bought and sold > 50,000 chips in total. Same principles apply as they always have. I am also very aware of how much of a pain it is to sell one at a time vs selling 2 racks at once. Also aware that this whole chip collecting world is very small and things can change drastically overnight. It has happened many times in the past and I am sure it will again. I get all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom