Just got the X2 Mini Dining Poker Table Combo from BBO Poker Tables (1 Viewer)

RainmanTrail

Straight Flush
Reaction score
My table just arrived today from BBO poker tables! This thing is pretty sweet, I'm stoked to play on it! I got the X2 Mini Poker/Dining Table combo. The dining top has felted pegs that sit inside the cup holders. It's a really heavy, quality build. Nicer than I was expecting. Here's the link, if you want to check it out. You can get custom felts or speed cloth if you like it. I can't stand speed cloth, and I don't like busy graphics, so I went with the red suede with a white betting line. There's a $100 holiday discount on their tables that's still good through this week. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but this table looks and feels great, so I thought I'd post it. Really nice quality table. I'm very happy with it!

Attachments

• BBO X2 Poker Table.jpg
    BBO X2 Poker Table.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 484
Very nice looking table. I love the legs.

Pics with the topper when you get a chance.

Oh, and with some chips too... :)

legs and rail look really nice. Do they still use MDF in their construction though? That may be part of the reason (aside from the legs) why it's so heavy. Always heard plywood was the way to go?

BBO is some pretty quality stuff. How long before you kick yourself for not getting a custom felt though? o_O

I actually prefer a clean/simple look. I don't like graphics in general. Most of my t-shirts are v-neck solid colors with no graphics or lettering, and my favorite poker chip is the Bicycle's $1 Bob Jones chip below. I didn't even want to put my initials on the table anywhere. I guess I just like things sleek, simple, and clean :) However, I did want the nicer felt, so I upgraded to the "suede" playing surface, and just went with solid colors.

28098.jpg

Very nice table. Simple always looks nice and easier to sell (not until u get your full on man cave of course...) when the time comes.....

legs and rail look really nice. Do they still use MDF in their construction though? That may be part of the reason (aside from the legs) why it's so heavy. Always heard plywood was the way to go?

Ya, I believe the playing surface is on a slab of MDF. The legs are solid oak with a black veneer. Not sure about the plywood vs MDF debate though. I'm not knowledgable enough to speak to the pros/cons of either.

Sorry to jack your thread... Nice table by the way. Looks real good. Perfect size i am sure. But I never understood the MDF vs PLY Wood debate. Some people think if a poker table has MDF in/on it, it is a garbage table??? Never understood this... Especially when a lot of these tables are getting veneer and formica put on.... Does it really matter what the table is made from? Playing surface, and armrest are perfectly fine to use MDF on... nice square heavy surface.... and if veneer or formica are being applied... mdf is the way to go.... anyways.... beautiful table man.... hope you enjoy. well worth the money I'm sure

I only bring it up because I remember awhile back when I was researching poker table builders I saw a lot of people mentioning that mdf was more susceptible to warping when it becomes wet (and I'm sure we've all got that one or seven guys who just can't help but spill a drink on the playing surface).

MDF = Heavy and more fragile. If it is a permanent table, I don't see an issue with MDF, since the foam provides a moisture barrier.

I love the look of this table, and would pick one up for myself, but at 180 lbs it's too heavy for how often I need to move things around.

MDF = Heavy and more fragile. If it is a permanent table, I don't see an issue with MDF, since the foam provides a moisture barrier.

I love the look of this table, and would pick one up for myself, but at 180 lbs it's too heavy for how often I need to move things around.

Ya, it's pretty heavy. I also went with the waterproof felt, so that should help protect the MDF. It's going to be pretty stationary. I don't plan on moving it around. It's primarily a dining table, but I just couldn't stomach the idea of having a dining table if there wasn't something worthwhile underneath! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom