Cancelled JACK Detroit Cash Set incl. FRACS! (1040 chips) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpac54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Offering up a full set of JACK Detroit cash chips, including the very hard to find $0.25 fracs. These chips are mint, never put in play.

Some of these chips I purchased during the second JACK sale, while others were purchased later at market rates. It pains me to consider parting with these, but I have some other, non-poker related, projects coming up where I can better use the funds. The sad reality is also that I just don't have a group of players over here who really play cash games and it's proven more than difficult to find any kind of regular cash games in my area.

Breakdown is as follows:

100x 25¢
400x $1.00
300x $5.00
200x $25.00 Watermelons!
40x $100.00 Primaries
----------------------------------
1040 Chips TOTAL

Also included: 2x JACK Detroit cut cards, 4x JACK Detroit Dealer Buttons

Selling as a complete set only - not splitting.
If they don't sell as a set, I will very happily keep them. If several buyers do want to arrange for a split amongst themselves and have one person re-ship chips once they're stateside, that's fine, as long as payment comes from one person and all chips are shipped to one address. Given shipping costs from Switzerland to the US, this is cheaper for everyone in such a case vs. shipping individual racks.

Asking price for the complete set is: CHF 4350 (Swiss Francs) including international shipping to the USA w/ tracking and up to maximum CHF 1000 of insurance coverage. International shipping to the US is valued at approx. CHF 110 for parcels up to 15kg with tracking and registered/signature delivery.

Payment via: Twint (Switzerland), Bank Transfer (IBAN) or PayPal F&F or PayPal G&S at cost. Given the PayPal fees/poor forex rates associated with larger international orders, a bank transfer is likely the cheapest method - YMMV depending on your bank's fee structure.

Please don't hesitate to reach out via PM with any questions or to express interest. Thanks.

IMG_4115.jpg
IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

I'd be in for a rack of 5's and two racks of 1's if split up, or if the buyer of the set would have any interest in selling me those..
Thanks..

Last edited:
I would think it’s super easy to sell what you don’t need. It’s not a lot. The fracs seem much harder to come by vs selling the extras.

Just a thought, that’s all.

To my knowledge, there were only 2000 chips total of the 25¢ denomination, including those that ended up in sample sets. I know of at least one PCFer who now has at least 2 racks of them.

How are each denom being priced? Just curious.

I'm valuing the fracs @ 1500. For transparency, this is what I sold my 2nd rack of fracs for.

The values for the rest of the breakdown is out there in past sales/auctions, but I'd peg them roughly at the following. YMMV.
$1s = 275/rack
$5s = 350/rack
$25s = 225/rack
$100s = 250/rack
DBs, Cut Cards = 40?
Shipping = 110

If I'm off on my valuations, I'm sure someone will kindly let me know.

Last edited:
I'm valuing the fracs @ 1500. For transparency, this is what I sold my 2nd rack of fracs for.

The values for the rest of the breakdown is out there in past sales/auctions, but I'd peg them roughly at the following. YMMV.
$1s = 275/rack
$5s = 350/rack
$25s = 225/rack
$100s = 250/rack
DBs, Cut Cards = 40?
Shipping = 110

If I'm off on my valuations, I'm sure someone will kindly let me know.
I would be in for all the 5s

If I may offer my 2 cents in the matter. While the statement about the limited quantity of fracs is probably true, I’m sure most would agree that they are willing to value them at the last seen sold price or price stated in a wanted ad. To my knowledge, that was the $1,000 mark. I’m not doubting you sold yours for $1,500 but just because someone bit the bullet behind the scenes at that mark doesn’t meant it applies to everybody else.

Also, the $5’s you have at $350 but I think last rack sold at $400.

If I may offer my 2 cents in the matter. While the statement about the limited quantity of fracs is probably true, I’m sure most would agree that they are willing to value them at the last seen sold price or price stated in a wanted ad. To my knowledge, that was the $1,000 mark. I’m not doubting you sold yours for $1,500 but just because someone bit the bullet behind the scenes at that mark doesn’t meant it applies to everybody else.

Also, the $5’s you have at $350 but I think last rack sold at $400.

I believe there was a wanted Ad for $1100 and a valuation of $1400 in a recent auction, though I’d need to look too. In any case, even if we call the $5s $400/rack and the fracs $1350/rack, it doesn’t change the total. More so given that I won’t be splitting these up.

At the end of the day, if someone has interest, my PM box is always open.

I’m going to cancel this sale and hold onto these for now.

For disclosure, part of my reasoning for placing the value of the fracs as high as I did, was out if respect for the buyer who had offered me that much privately. I never intended to sell them, but every man has their price. I feel it would have been poor taste to turn around and try to sell the rest of my set at a lower price than they just paid.
Given that these chips have sadly been sitting on my shelf since I got them, I thought I would sell at this point and put the funds towards another hobby (Poppa needs a new bike). I realize that may have however been in poor taste in the broader context of this community. Admittedly, it’s a fine line to try and walk. I appreciate this forum and the good people I’ve had the privilege of connecting with so far.

Closing this thread. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom