Cancelled Jack $5's Stolen (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think positive Brandon, we are here to help
If they fail
This. There are more lawyers on here than I initially had thought. Can think of 3 or 4 off the top of my head.

I think it's been suggested, but has anyone considered to start up a collection for a bunch of us to contribute $5 or $10 each until there's enough to purchase two barrels if and when they become available?

About a month ago- I started sending pics of the items wrapped before they go into the box. Then when in box and lastly packaged to buyer. I also send pic of receipt. I write down weight of boxed package.
Lately if I ship international- I take a pic when I go to post office for item to be weighed and assessed for cost. And the aforementioned process above. Because in the international shipping I make it clear my liability ends once I have sent package along with pics and custom forms with receipt.
Just saying good packaging with proper prep helps minimize misunderstandings. I pride myself on trying to do a decent job.
My Best Jeff :)

About a month ago- I started sending pics of the items wrapped before they go into the box. Then when in box and lastly packaged to buyer. I also send pic of receipt. I write down weight of boxed package.
Lately if I ship international- I take a pic when I go to post office for item to be weighed and assessed for cost. And the aforementioned process above. Because in the international shipping I make it clear my liability ends once I have sent package along with pics and custom forms with receipt.
Just saying good packaging with proper prep helps minimize misunderstandings. I pride myself on trying to do a decent job.
My Best Jeff :)
Same here

And please keep it up. :tup: If it doesn't require somebody having a box cutter and some patience to open a package, it's not adequately protected.

Sometimes those sticky flaps can open all by themselves during transit, and the contents can just fall out. And if the inner contents aren't wrapped into a single bundle and seperately addressed, any postal worker who later finds them is clueless as to where they came from, or to where they are going.

Shipping tape is cheap insurance, and a little extra effort up front can sometimes pay big dividends later.
PCF shipping 101.

Same here
I learned this practice from you Davin. My first rack of Melons, I remember, then the $500s. It's an excellent practice. I was brand new to the site then.

You sent me wicked photos, even labeled my name on the package.

I do this also. I like to show some pride in my packages. Why not?!

If you have the receipt, any recorded weight of the package should prove that there was something in it. (I guess they could claim it was rocks, but...)

Hey everyone. I’m the buyer in this situation.
First and foremost, I wanna thank @Brandon !
I PMed him as soon as I received the empty box on Friday. He’s been extremely helpful, and as you can see he’s doing everything to try and make this situation right.
When I picked up the SFRB out of my mailbox. I knew immediately something was wrong. It had no weight to it. The box was a little beat up, but whoever pulled this off did a good job of resealing it. I opened the box to find a folded FR envelope, and nothing else. Brandon said wrapped the barrels in cling wrap and bubble wrap, then in the envelope. Whoever did this, it wasn’t their first rodeo.
Another strange thing, is the package was “Out for delivery” on Thursday, but not delivered. I checked tracking late Thursday night, with no update. Friday the tracking history was updated with a strange message (see below).
I told Brandon that I’ve never had this happen in the 13 years that I’ve been buying/selling/mailing chips. Again, I really appreciate the effort in making this right, and the offers from the community to help. I’m was really pissed when I realized what had happened, but when you put in perspective, there are a lot more important things going on in the world today.
Again, please keep an eye out for any listing where the seller doesn’t really know the value.

Thanks everyone!
-Andy
67CDAC74-9170-411F-8A12-D0C8926366A7.jpeg
B135C192-00DE-48EA-B11C-A5E70A49AEFE.jpeg

That tells me this was very likely a USPS inside job. Someone who definitely knew what they were doing. I'd file a complaint with the post office first, though you're likely to not get very far there. Threaten to get local law enforcement involved if they give you the bureaucratic heave ho.

Those more well versed in law can chime in here, but to me that suspicious tracking log is evidence that something went awry. At minimum that's grounds and enough evidence in my eyes to get the $50 insurance from the post office. It's a small consolation, but it's something. Good luck to both of you. My offer still stands from yesterday. If someone has the time to spearhead it, I'd contribute a few bucks to @Brandon to help make @pokerplayingpisces whole.

All USPS requires to settle an insurance claim is proof of value. Even an electronic paypal receipt of purchase is acceptable.
When I didn’t receive my chips, I filed on my end and one of the attachments was the PP payment.

They sent me $20. I pushed back, never went anywhere. Never got an answer either, as to how they determined my chips were worth $20.

That tells me this was very likely a USPS inside job. Someone who definitely knew what they were doing.
Possible, but just as likely it was delivered to the wrong location, pilfered, and the remains stuck in the recipient's mailbox.

Two barrels seem like a strange target. Even if the thief thought that the face value could be redeemed, that’s what, $200? The penalty would far exceed the value. But then there is no accounting for the impulses of thieves, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom