I've uninstalled P* once again (1 Viewer)

It amuses me that some individuals, when faced with a reckoning over their results, would prefer to leave the game and blame variance rather than putting in the hard work to plug leaks in their game or adjust their strategy given the tendencies of their competition.

Poker is a game of skill. There are countless ways to improve. You are not running any worse than anyone else. The app developers do not want to ”screw you”.

Consider how your own play has created the situations where you lose. Without going into a deep hand history analysis I'm going to hypothesize that a general recommendation will be that you need to fold pre a lot more. Suboptimal starting ranges is the root cause of losses for 90+ percent of losing players I okay with on a regular basis.

Carry on......

Preflop mistakes are easy to spot and easy to fix, but most of the time they’re cheap. Defending big blind with J5o in a SRP is what, -1 bb EV at most?

Bad postflop habits will cripple you

Preflop mistakes are easy to spot and easy to fix, but most of the time they’re cheap. Defending big blind with J5o in a SRP is what, -1 bb EV at most?

Bad postflop habits will cripple you
That's assuming people don't get more involved post flop. Which for many people isn't the case. Pre flop mistakes lead to post flop mistakes. It's easier to fix pre flop mistakes though, but I think they can end up being the most costly because of what happens post flop after playing bad ranges pre flop.

This 100%.
I’ve found myself getting it in good lately only to see some pretty sick runouts (granted, I’ve made some bad decisions too), and it’s really hard to think it will ever end. You just have to stick to good solid play and remember that over the long term your play should have you ahead.

Good Luck at the Tables!

I have felt like this as well. My luck has been really bad lately so it doesn't help that I have very little room for error when I inevitably make a bad decision. I keep trying to tell myself that the times I do make a good decision and get sucked out on that its just the variance of the game.

While I agree in concept with all this, unless you have a virtually inexhaustible bankroll for the stakes you're playing, constant beats and poor variance can make you:

1. Financially exhausted when you reach a weekly / monthly loss limit.

2. Mentally exhausted from wanting to play at all because you're not winning your fair share of pots according to your EV.

3. Realize that the race to the bottom of online poker is rife with people who are gathering even more data on their HUDs than you are. So unless you strive for that same amount of volume as they do, you're theoretically behind the 8 ball anytime you sit down on the virtual felt.

If you're able to just play private online games, the fun factor can easily be replenished while still allowing you to play competitively and booking wins.

I couldn't agree more with this.

I question whether you have the proper mindset for poker, in any setting.....
You’re absolutely right. I’m not conditioned to deal with a table full of donkeys, a broken RNG, and play chips that don’t mean anything.

I’ll tell you this though, I’m a decent low-limit NLHE when the game is live. I’d love to play someone as sharp as you heads-up.

It amuses me that some individuals, when faced with a reckoning over their results, would prefer to leave the game and blame variance rather than putting in the hard work to plug leaks in their game or adjust their strategy given the tendencies of their competition.

Poker is a game of skill. There are countless ways to improve. You are not running any worse than anyone else. The app developers do not want to ”screw you”.

Consider how your own play has created the situations where you lose. Without going into a deep hand history analysis I'm going to hypothesize that a general recommendation will be that you need to fold pre a lot more. Suboptimal starting ranges is the root cause of losses for 90+ percent of losing players I okay with on a regular basis.

Carry on......
Well, I’m glad you’re amused. Why would I continue to play a game that is virtually useless though? It’s play chips. None of it means anything.

My mistake was to think I could “practice” my chops for when live poker comes back. But online poker isn’t even close to being live poker. It’s not a substitute and never will be. It’s just a donkey fest to see who can accumulate the most points - again, that mean nothing.

Well, I’m glad you’re amused. Why would I continue to play a game that is virtually useless though? It’s play chips. None of it means anything.

My mistake was to think I could “practice” my chops for when live poker comes back. But online poker isn’t even close to being live poker. It’s not a substitute and never will be. It’s just a donkey fest to see who can accumulate the most points - again, that mean nothing.
Wait wait wait, this is a P* play money game that you are talking about?!?!?
Oh, you’re definitely wasting your time.

Yeah, play money boys. I wasn’t referring to the PCF tournaments. Sorry, should’ve been more clear.

F8B8C180-C1B9-4CD9-BD63-593F9D98F8FC.png

I've won close to $600 million in play money on p*s, but haven't played play money since I found PCF games and now covid pokerrrr. If you can't beat play money games you might need to pick a new game. Are you a good speller?

I've won close to $600 million in play money on p*s, but haven't played play money since I found PCF games and now covid pokerrrr. If you can't beat play money games you might need to pick a new game. Are you a good speller?
Remember that earlier post about motivational speaking and coaching...forget it! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment.

This little tidbit of information could have been posted more clearly in the OP. It would have saved all of us from wasting our precious trolling for posts that actually mattered.

You should probably still play better, however.

Well, if it make the OP feel better I cant beat play money sites either. It looks like I'm screwed either way. lol. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

While I agree in concept with all this, unless you have a virtually inexhaustible bankroll for the stakes you're playing, constant beats and poor variance can make you:

1. Financially exhausted when you reach a weekly / monthly loss limit.

2. Mentally exhausted from wanting to play at all because you're not winning your fair share of pots according to your EV.

3. Realize that the race to the bottom of online poker is rife with people who are gathering even more data on their HUDs than you are. So unless you strive for that same amount of volume as they do, you're theoretically behind the 8 ball anytime you sit down on the virtual felt.

If you're able to just play private online games, the fun factor can easily be replenished while still allowing you to play competitvely and booking wins.
1. Bankroll management is a thing, even if you aren't a pro. I'm not, so for live play I typically only maintain a roll of about 10-15 BI. In the last decade, I've never gone busto. I have had to top off a few times after a string of bad sessions, but that's been more than made up for by the times I've pulled profit out.

2. Thinking that you're entitled to a "fair share" of pots is a form of tilt - and I'm not going to lie, it's a tilt that I've suffered in quite a few bad runs over the years. Hell, the other night when it seemed like I couldn't win a hand getting it in good, I'm pretty sure I dropped a few f-bombs in the chat. :banghead: But I got my head together, got back on my game, and pulled a horrible session back to a break-even. Learn to recognize this tilt and you can sometimes play through it, other times you can't and simply need to end the session.

3. Sure, online players use HUDs and play based on the data they gather. That's a unique skill to online, and as someone who vastly prefers live poker, I don't have that skill and so don't usually use a HUD. So instead I try to limit myself to games where I don't think it will be much of a disadvantage - low stakes, anonymous sites like Bovada, and online games where I know the other players (P* home games and private servers).

I'd agree that "low-stakes" play money games can be bad for you as a poker player. I've tried a couple times, and my experience has been that people play VERY differently when nothing of value is on the line. So basically you beat those games by playing a super-tight preflop range, being prepared to get it in multiway preflop every time, and praying that you hold. Not exactly solid poker.

While I hate that online poker is still banned in the US, I am in someway thankful for it. That shit drove me crazy too, but getting to what @Legend5555 said, I don't have time to play enough hands to get the cards to break even. That is even assuming I am playing correctly or that I am a winning poker player, which I probably am not.

Leave it behind, all the HUD's and analytics that people have software for now makes it robotic. Save your time and money and play in live games when all this Covid shit blows over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom