Introduction (1 Viewer)

Hello Jack!!! I'm Matt!! You have found a great group to be a part of!!! Welcome to the community!!!! There are lots of things to consider when purchasing your first set. What is your budget? What kind of stakes will you be playing?

Hello Jack!!! I'm Matt!! You have found a great group to be a part of!!! Welcome to the community!!!! There are lots of things to consider when purchasing your first set. What is your budget? What kind of stakes will you be playing?
Good evening Matt.

It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Thank you, my experience so for being a part of this community has been wonderful! I’ve been impressed with how many friendly and informative people are here to help.

I’m budgeting between $1000-$2000 for a cash set.
Most of the advice I’ve gotten I have really enjoyed. These are the denominations/quantity I’m thinking for one game. However, also, considering getting extra ships for two simultaneously games.

100 x .25
200 x 1
200 x 5
80 x 20
20 x 100

I’m thinking of doing .25/.50 & 1/2 games (No raking). I believe I’m saying it right. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Our current games have kind of been made up with no blinds. Everyone’s usually throws in a dollar to start unless raised. I like the lower denominations for preserving my friends wallets who are younger. My top priority is creating camaraderie and a fun experience for all. I don’t want our fish of the group to feel like they’re always losing money. I might be on a beginners luck streak but I am definitely positive in my wallet. However, since I’m a quadriplegic, I do have a decent amount of time to study more in depth and poker theory/when to fold then some of my friends. They have been playing for about nine months. I just started in January. We typically hold games at my place and another friend’s place which is about an hour away. Having a chips, it is important to me for independence as well as preventing my friend needing to transport chips every time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, Matt!

Sincerely,
Jack

Welcome Jack ! you have to buy a set of Paulson …Jack :LOL: :laugh:
Thank you! Lol I would love to get my hands on some Jack chips. Not picky on either Detroit or Cincinnati. That would be a dream but I think a little bit out of my $1000-$2000 range.

Good evening Matt.

It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Thank you, my experience so for being a part of this community has been wonderful! I’ve been impressed with how many friendly and informative people are here to help.

I’m budgeting between $1000-$2000 for a cash set.
Most of the advice I’ve gotten I have really enjoyed. These are the denominations/quantity I’m thinking for one game. However, also, considering getting extra ships for two simultaneously games.

100 x .25
200 x 1
200 x 5
80 x 20
20 x 100

I’m thinking of doing .25/.50 & 1/2 games (No raking). I believe I’m saying it right. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Our current games have kind of been made up with no blinds. Everyone’s usually throws in a dollar to start unless raised. I like the lower denominations for preserving my friends wallets who are younger. My top priority is creating camaraderie and a fun experience for all. I don’t want our fish of the group to feel like they’re always losing money. I might be on a beginners luck streak but I am definitely positive in my wallet. However, since I’m a quadriplegic, I do have a decent amount of time to study more in depth and poker theory/when to fold then some of my friends. They have been playing for about nine months. I just started in January. We typically hold games at my place and another friend’s place which is about an hour away. Having a chips, it is important to me for independence as well as preventing my friend needing to transport chips every time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, Matt!

Sincerely,
Jack
Sounds like you have found some pretty good information already here in the forum!!! You should be able to put together a great set with a $1000 to $2000 budget. There will be all kinds of options available to you! As far as your denominations goes, it sounds like you are pretty good with what you have I think. Our group usually plays much smaller stake cash games. We play .05/.10 usually with a $20 buy in to start. For .25/.50 I'm sure you could get by with just one rack of quarters but I would think about picking up a second rack. I like to make sure guys have plenty of the lowest denomination. Whether that be nickels or quarters or whatever. I don't mind making change but it seems like the guys enjoy having more low denominations so they don't have to as much. This is just my opinion and every group is a little different and may have different preferences.

Looking forward to seeing what set you choose. There are great group buys happening all the time and there is always nice sets and chips passing through the classifieds as well!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom