Introduction from Sweden, with pr0n! (2 Viewers)

Mr Winberg

Full House
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a Swede who likes playing poker and preferably so with something else than dice chips. Back when the poker boom hit Sweden everyone bought either dice chips or the "suited design", but I wanted to stand out so I bought the tri-color suit design (all the way from the US), which everyone thought were really bad-ass! Clay chips? Haden't heard of it back then...

Since 2005, I've been up until now using the slugged tri-color plastic chips to semi-regularly host tournaments, from a few times a month to a few times a year, depening on interest.

I'm glad to be here, looking forward to some interesting reading!

Ps. I wrote "up until now", didn't I? Look what was waiting for me on Tuesday :)

Gotta open it up!!

Mmmmm... Milanos! The black and pink made it safely :)

The rest?

Uh oh... Got a bit worried!

Thankfully, the only casualties were one green and one purple.

So far, that is, I haven't opened them all up yet. Why not? Because I needed chips to be cleaned and oiled before Saturday's tournament, and the only time slots I could allocate to such critical tasks were at night!

Tuesday night
I cleaned the 1200 chips I was gonna use for the T10K tournament with 20/20/15 starting stacks (I love tall stacks and I love purple). I was expecting around 16-20 players.

Wednesday night
I oiled 300 purple, 80 yellow, 20 pink, and 40 black chips using a method that apparently is the one to use when doing it right.

I couldn't leave this stuff around to dry, I needed to find a place out of reach from my children, because toddlers are infamous for going south with chips, and I couldn't let that happen. Like Eminem, I cleaned out my closet.

Thursday night
I oiled 360 black and 140 green chips. Also did the label wiping and the rolling edge thing with Wednesday's batch.

Since I only had this night and Friday night left, I also did the rolling edge step on the remaining 260 green. There was neither energy nor closet space left for compression oiling...

Friday night
I performed the first step compression oiling on the remaining, pre-rolling edge oiled 260 greens...

... as well as the rolling edge oiling on Thursday's batch.

Ah, yeah! Four stacks of high society!
(Represented here by 4 racks of greasy working class)

Saturday afternoon
I quickly and sloppily took a towel and made sure the chips weren't greasy. Surprisingly, the Thursday batch was greasier than the Friday batch, but thowing them into a large towel and massaging them a bit took care of that.

Chips oiled and ready!

Got the room ready. Only the table cloths to go, then I'm all set!

The Milano's first tournament
There's a myth that there exists some kind of curse, that you always lose when breaking in a new set. This is so superstitial, unscientific, and just plain wrong. How can anyone actually believe that?

Anyway, out of 18 players I was the first to bust. :-(

Lesson: ALWAYS add the first game's loss to your budget when buying chips! The curse is real, folks, very real!!

Chips in action
These pics were taken by the winner, he allowed me to post them.

I know, a crappy cloth, but I just spent a fortune on chips, shipping, and import charges, so give me a break, guys, what more do you want from me!?
Also, it was table three, first to break up.

The winner:

All in all I'm very happy with the chips, and they got a good response! Not a single "why didn't you buy high quality chips instead? These are too light".

tl;dr: I'm from Sweden and I bought chips.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the chips!
As you have already experienced, "Christian" Protestant jihadism is just as bad as Muslim, or Catholic or Orthodox jihadism:(
IMHO, Sweden poses as much of a threat to mankind as does Saudi Arabia.:(
Will do my best to support you living there.

Thanks everyone! :) I wasn't expecting this many responses!

Welcome to PCF! Let us know how the second game goes with the new chips.

Got two kids during the last two years, so it'll probably be a while until next time. But sure, I'll share the misery next time as well. ;-)

As you have already experienced, "Christian" Protestant jihadism is just as bad as Muslim, or Catholic or Orthodox jihadism:(
IMHO, Sweden poses as much of a threat to mankind as does Saudi Arabia.:(
Will do my best to support you living there.
Well, we did bring you ABBA, so take a chance on me.

Tervetuloa! Snyggt setup :tup:
Thanks! I'm not allowed to answer in the thread you tagged me in, but if I buy them I'll definitely re-label them with a picture of the king.

Regarding my setup: I bought 400 green and black each, 300 purple and yellow each, and 100 pink. Already got some 25k plaques.

I know it'll be seen as an inefficient breakdown by most, but it's about versatility. If you pretend it's only 100 purple, then the breakdown is great for 12/12/3/7/X for around 30 players, or 16/16/4/11/X for around 25 players, or 20/20/5/15/X for 20 or less.
The extra 200 purple is for 20/20/15, where most purple are exchanged along with the black before level 1k/2k, where the yellow are introduced. (The purple kinda lose their purpose when the yellow are there). I like mixing it up. :)

Welcome! Nice to see another fellow Swede here :) May I ask where you bought your poker table?

Tack!

I paid a friend to build it for me back in 2004 or 2005. I added the red speedcloth myself a few years ago, before that it was some kind of green slowcloth.

I'm very happy with it, the rail is detachable, as are the legs for easy storage, and it's very stable. Fits 10 but is perfect for eight.

I realize a lot of you have been losing sleep knowing that I hadn't cleaned and oiled all my chips. Don't fret, I finally got around to it!

First night
Compression oiled a bunch of yellow:

Second night
Rolling edges on the yellows and compression oiled the last of the yellow and pink:

All good to go!

Total count:
400 green
400 black
100 purple
300 yellow
100 pink
Perfect for breakdowns of 20/20/5/15/X, or 16/16/4/11/X or even 12/12/3/7/X for bigger crowds.

...and the extra 200 purple, for T10K with 20/20/15! :)
Gotta let the 500s have centre stage every now and then and not just be the 1000's sidekick ;-)

It's good to know that I from now on won't need to spend another penny on this hobby... :whistle: :whistling:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom