Tourney Introduce plaques by thowing in to the pot (1 Viewer)

nostan

Pair
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have reached the conclusion that I love to have plaques in tournaments. But I prefer to not have them in the starting stack. They are special in themselves in preposition to the other chips, but I also want to make that clear when playing tournamemt. Therefore I let them join the game as part of rebuy/add-on/and maybe color up.

In my game I got chips of T100-500-1000-5000 and the 25,000 is the plaque. Making the starting stack of 50,000 (or 55k early entry). I usually host tournaments with between 8-10 players.

But since I want them included in the game at a earlier point, but still be special as in my preference frame, I wonder what the PCF-people think about to add one 25k-plaque as a "general bounty", as a suggestion the first four hands in a 8-handed game? 25% of the total value. 5 first tmes playing 10-handed etc. It will play as a a BBA-pot :)

Could you do it another way? Fewer plaques...Maybe it destroys the game...

I'm a novice hosting T50k tournaments and I might underestimate something...anyway we do 15/7/10/9(10) as starting stack.

Let me hear your thoughts.

adding 1/2 a stack to the first 4 pots of a tournament sounds like a terrible idea, and is going to set a minority of the table up with a ton of extra chips.

just make it a T75k tourney and give everyone one plaque to start.

How about having one of the starting stacks contain a plaque? That way there's gonna be just a single plaque on the table, making it special and desirable. Later on, more will be introduced during color-ups

How about having one of the starting stacks contain a plaque? That way there's gonna be just a single plaque on the table, making it special and desirable. Later on, more will be introduced during color-ups

The winner of the previous tournament gets it.

But since I want them included in the game at a earlier point, but still be special as in my preference frame, I wonder what the PCF-people think about to add one 25k-plaque as a "general bounty", as a suggestion the first four hands in a 8-handed game? 25% of the total value. 5 first tmes playing 10-handed etc. It will play as a a BBA-pot :)
Are you saying adding a 25K splash pot??? If so, I think this is terrible.

I am not a fan of plaques at all, but this would make me despise them.

Just use them as color ups. They are after all, your biggest denomination "chips". Use them as such.

Another idea that came to my mind was to finally introduce the dices as well...pre-dealing the Dealer throws the two dices and if it shows a pair - then we will add a plaque to the pot :wtf:

A good idea, if I do Freezeouts. But I want to host Rebuy/Re-entry tournaments and dont have enough chips to do 75k×2.

Oh yes I got to order more chips then...

A good idea, if I do Freezeouts. But I want to host Rebuy/Re-entry tournaments and dont have enough chips to do 75k×2.

Oh yes I got to order more chips then...
I didn't mean to add a plaque to every stack. I meant to keep it at 50k stacks, but a single player (e.g. whomever starts as dealer, which as @monkeydog says could be the winner of last tournament, but could be random as well) gets a single plaque as part of the 50k stack, i.e. 15/7/10/2 + a plaque. Since there are planty of 5k on the table, it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there'll be some change making for the owner of the 25k early on, but it should resolve itself as the chips distribute themselves.

By the way:
we do 15/7/10/9(10)
Did you mean 15/7/10/7(8)?

somebody say plaques?

20210421_172513.jpg

Another idea that came to my mind was to finally introduce the dices as well...pre-dealing the Dealer throws the two dices and if it shows a pair - then we will add a plaque to the pot :wtf:

Your ideas sound fun (and crazy), but I would be cautious about throwing around 50% stack bonuses randomly. I would only be into it if it was a casual game with friends with a very low buy in.

Do not add them to pots at the beginning, that’s just crazy. One idea is that when there is a rebuy give them 5x5k and a 25k plaque, but the plaque has to be given to the player that busted the rebuyer to make change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom