Interest - Mixed Game Plaques (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruskba

Flush
Reaction score
I've been wanting to create a set of these, but price has always been an issue. I finally found a vendor online that can do 3" x 8" plaques for $6.29 each if ordering 15 of a single design, and I have reached out to ask about further discounts if we go beyond that. They asked for a more detailed breakdown of what we might order, so I figured I'd start an interest thread to see what kind of counts we might be looking at.

I do understand that @abby99 has a great resource of mixed game cards, but I feel these still have a place for the more basic games.

THIS IS FOR INTEREST ONLY. You are not committed by posting, but please at least be seriously considering order if you do post.

These will be simple plastic plaques with the game engraved. Design is not set in stone, but I am pushing for a brushed gold look with black text, like so (not sure about possibility of border):

plaques.jpg

Please comment with the games you would like to have plaques made so I can get a rough interest count.

UPDATE: Google Doc for interest - https://goo.gl/forms/DsSvYkI7QeZsSMES2

Last edited:
If there were some wood ones I'd be in for a set of 15-20 depending on the games that were chosen.

I'm following curiously.
I wonder if printing the rules on the reverse side would interest anybody besides me.

If there were some wood ones I'd be in for a set of 15-20 depending on the games that were chosen.

Wood isn't an option from the vendor I found, but I can look elsewhere to see if it's possible and cost effective (looking at you, @T_Chan).

As for which games are chosen, it's all about what everyone wants. It won't be a buy one/buy all type deal, so everyone should be able to get just the ones they want, as long as the minimums are met for each one.

I'll type up a list later of what I'll be interested in. Maybe I'll create a google form or something that will be easier to collect what people want.

I'm following curiously.
I wonder if printing the rules on the reverse side would interest anybody besides me.

Not sure that will be possible. I think these are one-sided only.

I also was thinking Old West. Much like the seating chips. There would have to be minimums for each plaque. But they are already priced less than the plastic ones.

I'd be interested in probably up to 10 if the games had enough interest.

Price is a big hurdle for me to produce these. I imagine my prices would make them prohibitive. Probably better off getting these made by a sign shop who also dabbles in wood. I might take a stab at it for my own use and see how long it takes and get a price for them.

What would be the most popular games? I imgaine:

PLO
NLHE
BIG O
SOHE
PINEAPPLE and it's variants

Following with interest.
Ive been thinking plaques for this for a while now.
My interest would be for the norm
PLO
PLO8
NLHE
BIG O
PINEAPPLE
Maybe a few others.

So looking at OWPS, the biggest concern I have is size. The biggest plaque they make is 3" x 4.2" and 5mm thick for $5.90. The ones I was planning on are 3" x 8" and 1.5mm thick for $6.29 but possibly less. I don't necessarily think we need a full 8", but that size has by far the best price. I feel 4" might be a little small. And at least for me, the idea is that it's on the table and readable for everyone, so the bigger the better. Also I would think having them thinner would be easier to have a stack of them on the table and not be too in the way.

I have added a link in the OP for a Google form to help in the tracking, please fill it out if you're interested.

So looking at OWPS, the biggest concern I have is size. The biggest plaque they make is 3" x 4.2" and 5mm thick for $5.90. The ones I was planning on are 3" x 8" and 1.5mm thick for $6.29 but possibly less. I don't necessarily think we need a full 8", but that size has by far the best price. I feel 4" might be a little small. And at least for me, the idea is that it's on the table and readable for everyone, so the bigger the better. Also I would think having them thinner would be easier to have a stack of them on the table and not be too in the way.

I have added a link in the OP for a Google form to help in the tracking, please fill it out if you're interested.

I agree. I don't think 3" x 4.2" is big enough for this project. If we can get two different games printed on each side of the plaque I'll be in for five at a minimum, maybe 10.

My schedule hasn't allowed me to dabble in this at all. I have to wait for a lull in my workload to make some up. Maybe late august. Summer's usually slow.

I'm ready to buy the ones from the OP if we can get them made up. Any updates on the interest form and if we're getting close to some of the games?

I think these are great, but I think the abby solution with a tablet is more practical. Our mixed game plays the highest variance and split pot crazy stuff as often as possible (route 66, double board omaha, 6 card PLO8, tahoe h/l with a draw, badeucy, etc.).

I wish there were a way to get these at a reasonable price, and keep up with the crazy variants that are seeming to continuously develop in the circus circles. They are awesome.

I think these are great, but I think the abby solution with a tablet is more practical. Our mixed game plays the highest variance and split pot crazy stuff as often as possible (route 66, double board omaha, 6 card PLO8, tahoe h/l with a draw, badeucy, etc.).

I wish there were a way to get these at a reasonable price, and keep up with the crazy variants that are seeming to continuously develop in the circus circles. They are awesome.

Yea these are definitely not practical for all the crazy games that are out there, unfortunately. But I think it's still fun to have these for HORSE + a few others. If you're going to do a wide open dealers choice, Abby's cards are definitely the way to go.

I'm ready to buy the ones from the OP if we can get them made up. Any updates on the interest form and if we're getting close to some of the games?

Not quite there on interest, but I haven't been pushing. I'll bump the thread regularly now to try and get some more visibility.

Please fill out the google form if you have not already! https://goo.gl/forms/DsSvYkI7QeZsSMES2

Not quite there on interest, but I haven't been pushing. I'll bump the thread regularly now to try and get some more visibility.

Please fill out the google form if you have not already! https://goo.gl/forms/DsSvYkI7QeZsSMES2
Already done! I have to imagine if we get the word out, we should definitely be able to fill 15 for at least the common 8 game. Are there home games out there still that are only playing hold em??

Edit: Also, thanks for trying to start this up, ruskba. Hopefully we can make it happen relatively soon with that small of a minimum per plaque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom