SOLD Indiana Grand Sample Set Sale (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In previous sales the 1k chips have been 9.99, 5k chips 14.99, and 25k chips 24.99
So they raise the overall price of the complete sample set
Also these are RHC/IHC no THCs in this line up
yep yep, I misspoke and meant RHC (I have the Terrible’s primaries). I didn’t know what an IHC was tho and had to look it up, ha. All mine are 39mm ones too. If I had to guess, 43mm ones always cost more?

yep yep, I misspoke and meant RHC (I have the Terrible’s primaries). I didn’t know what an IHC was tho and had to look it up, ha. All mine are 39mm ones too. If I had to guess, 43mm ones always cost more?
Generally speaking, yes. The majestic star sale was an exception due to condition. The 43mm were more expensive than the 39mm, but the 1ks were only 5.99, I don't recall pricing on the 5ks but I'd guess 9.99

And another reason why the sample set is priced this way....

aristotle.jpg

Hold on, mom! Just wait a f*cking minute. It's 1:58. I'll literally get your damn desert in 5 minutes. Just chill the f*ck out.
Damn dude, you buy your mom a desert for Mother's Day? Do you go modest like the Mojave, or all out like the Sahara?

Damn dude, you buy your mom a desert for Mother's Day? Do you go modest like the Mojave, or all out like the Sahara?
We usually have my MIL over for brunch and have some smoked meat for my mom in the afternoon.

I asked @TheChipRoom if the sale could be moved, because the timing was not convenient for me. He said:

2937439_0b4_1597670489.gif

I don't think the sale is being moved.

The reason these chips get priced the way they do is because guys here buy them. If no one was willing to buy them at anything more than $3 each, then that is what they would be priced at.
Does that make the eBay sellers geniuses for reaching highest price someone is willing to pay levels? :p

Wow! I've been gone for 10 years and this is where the price of chips have gone.
Again, in this case, it’s mostly the oversized high denom chips. Those things will go for roughly $10-$30, individually, in a chip room sale, and sell out FAST.
But that’s just this sale. Generally speaking with chip prices across the board, you’ve made a huge understatement.

I realize that "sample sets" are one of each chip. I won't be building a tournament set of these, so I don't have a need for those costly high denoms. I wish there was the option to buy a more reasonably priced "pre-sale set" for chips $1 - $100 so I could see how the colors play with one another before deciding whether to buy a whole set (or which chips to go for, primary v secondary).

I realize that "sample sets" are one of each chip. I won't be building a tournament set of these, so I don't have a need for those costly high denoms. I wish there was the option to buy a more reasonably priced "pre-sale set" for chips $1 - $100 so I could see how the colors play with one another before deciding whether to buy a whole set (or which chips to go for, primary v secondary).
This is mostly my thought too. However I'm assuming that since they contain the hard to find high denoms it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who wants the sample set down the road if that's the going price for those chips.

Plus 1 to this but maybe make it $1-$500 instead of $1-$100 as IHC usually start from $1k chip

Plus 1 to this but maybe make it $1-$500 instead of $1-$100 as IHC usually start from $1k chip
I was thinking $1 - $100 because most people don't use a $500 in their home game, but I could get behind a 39mm sample set. With there being a much higher inventory of the lower denoms, it seems like it would be a great idea. I don't know if @TheChipRoom could make it happen by Sunday, but I bet he'd sell a ton to those looking to put together a cash set.

Just think this way. If you are lucky enough to get a sample set, you will be able to sell the IHCs to someone else easily.

An upstanding member that struck out on the HSI sample PM'd me to borrow them for a viewing and then returned them. Not the easiest route, but if people are serious about viewing the chips and have missed out, it's worth a shot to pay a little in shipping before spending over a grand on chips.

I was thinking $1 - $100 because most people don't use a $500 in their home game, but I could get behind a 39mm sample set. With there being a much higher inventory of the lower denoms, it seems like it would be a great idea. I don't know if @TheChipRoom could make it happen by Sunday, but I bet he'd sell a ton to those looking to put together a cash set.
I was thinking they make good relabel candidates and also good for T5 tourney buyer too

Secondary $500 are so pretty, is my favourite chip of the line out

Colors

Primary
$1- White, Rubine Red, Ice Blue
$2.50 - Pink, Pale Green, Avacado, Mint Green
$5 - Royal Red, Salmon , White, Dark Blue
$25 - Lemon Green, Daisy, Orchid
$100 - Black, Mexican Rose, Ocean Blue, Off White
$500 - Blurple, Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold
$1000 - Blaze Orange, Charcoal, Ocean Blue
$5000 - Grey, Sherbert Orange, Pale Green
$25,000 - Day Blue, White, Light Pink

Secondary
$1 - White, Blue Grain, Showboat Grey
$2.50 - Pink, Arc Yellow, Sea Green, Orange
$5 - Red, Butterscotch, Tan
$25 - Day Green, Canary Yellow, Watermelon
$100 - Black, Arc Yellow, Bahama Blue
$500 - Blurple, Daisy, Metallic Silver, Mustard
$1000 - Blaze Orange, Chocolate, Mint Green, Ocean Blue
$5000 - Grey, Peach, Dark Brown
$25,000 - Day Blue, Lemon Green, Apricot, Yellow

Colors

Primary

Secondary
Oh wow, I thought the primary $500’s spots were all metallic silver; the two different color inserts didn’t photograph well. That’s really cool!

Colors

Primary

Secondary
Curious. Do you have a color sample, @TheChipRoom, or do you have the proof sheets.

Colors

Primary

Secondary