Cancelled IHC singles, rack of Brass Elephant 50c (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally confused by the point scoring - I guess I need to learn more about multi board big-O... is board one worth more than the others?
$72 in the pot, each board worth $24, split between best high and best low. If no low is possible on a board, the high hand gets it all. Need three different cards A-8 on a board for a low to be possible at all.

Reactions: TKO
Here is what remains. $90 shipped.
0161893F-A286-4467-946D-028D614E66CC.jpeg

My wife got her cast off today. This is her ankle, and this is NOT the doctor's incision. Apparently it is healing quite well.
leg.jpg

My wife got her cast off today. This is her ankle, and this is NOT the doctor's incision. Apparently it is healing quite well.
After what you mentioned, happy for you guys that it wasn't anything permanent! Is this something where it's stay off and away, and you're hopefully good to go in however many months, or is this something with getting everything working again with months of PT?

After what you mentioned, happy for you guys that it wasn't anything permanent! Is this something where it's stay off and away, and you're hopefully good to go in however many months, or is this something with getting everything working again with months of PT?
There's a pin through her heel and up through her leg bone that comes out in 4 weeks. Non-weight-bearing for about 8 weeks after that. Then PT. The doctors were not too worried about bone and ligament healing, that is pretty routine. They were most worried about this trauma to the ankle skin, infection, that sort of thing. It's a Alex Smith / Dak Prescott type of injury. Alex Smith had complications from flesh eating bacteria, for example, because when his skin broke open he got dirt and debris from the football field into the exposed injury. My wife was wearing long pants, long socks, and construction boots, and her injury had zero exposure to the ground.

It's funny how doctors try to shield you from these bad scenarios. We had a pregnancy where my wife had HELLP syndrome, but they didn't tell us that until it was over. We looked at each other like dude, just tell us what the eff is going on and we will handle our business. We had another pregnancy end at around 17 weeks when an ultrasound revealed water around the baby's heart. They had kid gloves on when they told us, and we were like dude, just tell us what the eff is going on, and when they did, we handled our business. We lost a baby, but we handled our business. They could have told us three weeks ago that they were worried about infection and the skin tear, and we would have had the same attitude, dude, just tell us what the eff is going on and we will handle our business.

My wife and I are well-grounded spiritually. If either of us was to get news we were going to die tomorrow, guess what? Dude, just tell us what the eff is going on, and we will handle our business. If it is my time to go, so be it. "Why me?" is a shit attitude. "Why NOT me?" is better. That's our take. Some days your luck is horrible, it can happen to anybody. Just tell me what the eff is going on, and I will handle my business.

Word, I'm always glad I have my wife with my and the kids stuff, because she speaks medical jargon and can cut through the BS.

Well, damn good that it seems to be past the "danger part". It's gotta suck to be off the feet for months, but better than it could've been. Well wishes to both of you during the transition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom