Ideas for a CDI98 $20? (1 Viewer)

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
Tossing around the idea of adding 80-100 custom $20s into my CDI98 lineup. A yellow 4d14 chip seems like a good fit, but what other ideas (pr0n, colors, spots) do you think would fit well?

IMG_2129.JPG

I think any options would have to be yellow, brown, dark red/maroon, an alternate green, or possibly some orange shade to avoid dirty stack issues

I've seen some yellows out there close to these. I think they would look good with the set.

1624978729724.png

Do you need it to be leaded?
Not a deal breaker by any stretch. I got these because I like yellow generally as a $20 and this greenish yellow, along with the spots being a decent fit made for an overall workable option.

I was personally going to go with the showboat gray chip. Thought it would make an incredible gray $20 for the CDI lineup. Anybody have a CDM showboat gray to place in the lineup?

I was personally going to go with the showboat gray chip. Thought it would make an incredible gray $20 for the CDI lineup. Anybody have a CDM showboat gray to place in the lineup?

Can’t wait to show what I did with my $20 :)

Give me 3-4 weeks!

That was my original plan, but those chips became so scarce/expensive that I gave up on the idea.

I'm going to use inlay replaced black CDM $20's that also have a 4D14 spot that goes with the $5's and $25's in the set, and I'm happy with the decision.

That was my original plan, but those chips became so scarce/expensive that I gave up on the idea.

I'm going to use inlay replaced black CDM $20's that also have a 4D14 spot that goes with the $5's and $25's in the set, and I'm happy with the decision.

Well that just confirms that I’m an idiot. Nistha wanted to help me make that happen with a $400 rack of them and I just said, “meh, I’m over it, I’ll just leave the set as-is” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Well that just confirms that I’m an idiot. Nistha wanted to help me make that happen with a $400 rack of them and I just said, “meh, I’m over it, I’ll just leave the set as-is” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Unpopular, but I ultimately decided to just stick with the original lineup myself. I think it actually fits really well in the set in between the radiant red fives and the hundo, which has some of the best insert colors. It just feels right to me over a relabel, even with that option I shared above really popping.

Unpopular, but I ultimately decided to just stick with the original lineup myself. I think it actually fits really well in the set in between the radiant red fives and the hundo, which has some of the best insert colors. It just feels right to me over a relabel, even with that option I shared above really popping.
Agree, the line up is great and doesn't NEED changed. I like how the radiant red $5 pops and everything else is very conservative.

I'm also keeping my original $25s - I've just never played with a $20 and I host mostly 25c, 50c, or $1 big blind games where $20 bills are the most common buy in. So I got these as a change of pace with the intention that they'd generally be the top denom in play.

For the odd $1/$2 or expecting deep/wild $1/1 I'd probably opt to put the $25 in play instead.

The lineup as is definitely works great, but I only like $20's for cash just to beef up the bank in case I have a full ring and the game gets really splashy and loose. Ideally I'd like to reserve the $25's and $100's for my tournament set only. I'm not high roller enough that I'll ever have a $100 chip on the table.

The lineup as is definitely works great, but I only like $20's for cash just to beef up the bank in case I have a full ring and the game gets really splashy and loose. Ideally I'd like to reserve the $25's and $100's for my tournament set only. I'm not high roller enough that I'll ever have a $100 chip on the table.
I also like the idea of the $20 chip because it adds MOAR chips to our $1-$2 NL game. Not a huge amount but a barrel is $400 ($20's) vs $500 ($25's). MOAR CHIPS!!!

We usually have around $5K-$6Kish on the table...8-12 racks of $5s and 1-3 racks of $1s, but I have the feeling our game is about to get bigger so I wanted a $20 chip to add to the mix vs the least popular CDI chip, the $25.

Hindsight is funny. When I first started here 2019, I balked at $250 for a rack for 814 spotted WSOP buy in chips that ended up selling for 3-4x that a year later. Those would've made great $20 chips in my mixed RHC lineup. C'est la vie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom