I need your opinions for Carnival colors Greek Tina (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Heya,
I play a low stacks game where we would ever only use these chips: .25/$1/$5
I’m contemplating switching up some of the colors, but what do you guys think? Do you think the default denom colors work, or would you switch something?
IMG_5910.jpeg

If anything I'd change the frac. The $1 & $5 are pretty much perfect. If you don't care about spot progression I'd use either the snapper or the $100. OR...use the $100 as a $1 and the snapper or $1 as the frac

Tribute means "to pay tribute to", which does not mean "exact copy of".

You can make a tribute set that takes inspiration from existing designs without trying to make a clone. Be classy. Say "I like where these chips came from" but put your own custom spin on it.
Exactly.

Josh Kifer‘s “Chip Dust” set is a great example of a tribute.

The Tina BTPs are copies.

I'm curious how these are considered "copies". It's the original art with permission from the artist, just a different medium.
I think that for some here the word "copy" has become synonymous with the words illegal, copywrite infringement, rip off, stealing etc regardless if it has any merit or not.

Many artists make an original and then sell prints which are basically just their original photographed and then the photo is reproduced with their permission & sold on purpose by the artist. Clearly this is not a violation of anyone's rights just like using artwork on a chip that you have either paid for the use of, or have been given permission to use.

I highly doubt Nintendo gave permission to use their copyrighted characters for use on these poker chips. While they’re amazing and fun, they’re using someone else’s IP. Same as the Aria “tribute” chips that copied the exact chips and even had one or more redeemed at Aria.
Big difference between making an exact copy of live chips & making chips after asking to use the art of an inlay from a fantasy chip

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom